• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major League (The Movie)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this movie a classic? I think so. I can watch it over and over again and laugh every time..

Bonus: Dennis Haysbert

gXn9uW8.jpg

Are you in good hands?

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I'm still waiting for Brian Wilson to come out in those black glasses one night. How has nobody done that?

Love the movie. It's weird seeing President Palmer as Cerrano though :p

Sephzilla

Tom Berenger is so good in this movie.

He's actually my least favorite part of the movie. All of the stuff his character does in the movie pretty much made him a creepy stalker.

The whole Rene Russo subplot is the weak link of the movie. Those parts throw off the pace of the movie big time and feel like a slapped on addition to the script in order to pull in female audiences.

I just ordered both of these on dvd and still haven't opened them and was thinking about them last night. Yes, they are classics. My wife hasn't watched them yet so I am waiting until we have a night together with no interruptions to watch them.

"Up your butt jobu! Yo, bartender! Jobu needs a refill!!! *thwack*

I saw this movie a few weeks ago. It's not nearly a slapstick as I thought it was going to be. As a matter of fact, it was way more serious than I expected.

Sephzilla

I saw this movie a few weeks ago. It's not nearly a slapstick as I thought it was going to be. As a matter of fact, I was way more serious than I expected.

Yeah. For a movie that's a comedy, when the final game rolls around things get pretty serious and hype.

Bull Durham says hi

Field of Dreams says hi.

It's been a while since I've watched Bull Durham but that movie felt more like a chick flick disguised as a sports movie.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Lou Brown: I want the absolute truth here. Are you one hundred percent?
Jake Taylor: Yeah. Would I bullshit you about something like that?
Lou Brown: You better, if you wanna make this team.

Harry Doyle: Monte, anything to add?
Monte: Uh, no.
Harry Doyle: He's not the best colorman in the league for nothing.

"I've never heard of half of these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime."
"Most of these guys never had a prime."
"This guy here is dead!"

bengraven

Huge classic where I came from. It was one of "those movies".

If the third sequel wasn't shit (and I don't really like part 2), it would have been a big franchise.

"they're still shitty".

Shadybiz

I also preferred the 2nd one, but the 1st is great, too.

"I don't know, I've got a guy on the other line about some whitewalls."

8byte

Banned
Weird, I literally just watched this on Amazon Instant yesterday for the exact same reason...it's never old and a great go-to flick.

Great thread, will read again.

Qasiel

"I knew we should have got the live chicken..."

Major League was a staple in my house growing up, in fact my brother was really happy when I bought him the Blu-Ray last Xmas. Coming from the UK, however, there's not many people I know who's actually seen the film. Same with Slap Shot, too.

j_rocca42

So great!

"You may run like Mays but you hit like shit"

"Are you trying to say Jesus Christ couldn't hit a curveball?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom