• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live is messed up for me

Remark

Banned
Every time I try to start a game I get black screen. I checked Xbox Live Status and it said this is happening to other people.

I just wanna play some Skate 3 fam :(

Wii Tank

I've had the same problem this week. Try booting up the game while not signed in. That seems to work for me

It's fucked right now.

A lot of people on 360 are having weird issues booting games. Achievements aren't working at all for tons of people on Xbox One, either (myself included).

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
XBL has gone to shit in the last few months. What's happening?

Feindflug

Live is a mess for me too, The Xbox Live error page on xbox.com is showing problems for more than a week now. I've asked some guys from my friend list, checked some forums and a lot of people have similar problems.

XBL marketplace here in Greece is down for more than a week, we can't download the free game with gold because apparently the marketplace is totally empty (yes I'm not kidding even bing gives no results back), we can't redeem any codes, apps are giving various errors and sometimes even matchmaking/party chat/friend list is not working properly. I contacted xbox support on twitter a few days ago but I got no answer other than "if it is a widespread problem tell your friends to contact us".

This is the state of the marketplace here from 25/7:

dsc00327p6xnh.jpg

Thing is we don't have any official statement regarding these issues, was this caused by the Destiny beta? is it some kind of preparation for the Xbox One launch here? is there a timeline that this is expected to be fixed? we don't know a thing and nobody is doing anything at the moment.

big_z

ya I thought my 360 was bricking itself earlier. if I try to run any game or app it stays at a black screen. I can use the menu button but it locks up if I try to go back to the home screen.

luckily I can still play videos off usb which is my main use for the 360 but its still dumb nothing else is usable.

Feindflug

MQX

ya I thought my 360 was bricking itself earlier. if I try to run any game or app it stays at a black screen. I can use the menu button but it locks up if I try to go back to the home screen.

luckily I can still play videos off usb which is my main use for the 360 but its still dumb nothing else is usable.

From what I've read on a other gaming forum/website is that there are problems with Xbox Live(server). And people get those black screens because when the game starts, it has to connect with Xbox Live to look if there are updates available. So there is something going on with the server of Xbox Live :/(that controls the updates etc.).

A couple of solutions:
- If people want to play the game(with internet connection), you have to sign off first. Start the game. And when the game has been loaded(title screen), then sign in with your account.

- Or don't connect with Xbox Live ;) (playing offline/no internet connection)

That's what I've read :/.

Headhunter

Neo Member
Same problem, couldn't start any game, X360. As soon as I disconnect from the internet it works. Hurry up MS will ya!

njean777

Like I said in another thread, live has gone to shit since the xbox one came out. Psn has given me less problems than live at this point.

Synth

Like I said in another thread, live has gone to shit since the xbox one came out. Psn has given me less problems than live at this point.

Something has gone horribly wrong since the Xbox One's launch. I've had more issues with XBL since getting my X1 than I had over the entire 8 years of the Xbox 360. :(

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I was just playing online lastnight and had no issues. I'm in Texas.

smurfx

get some go again
Something has gone horribly wrong since the Xbox One's launch. I've had more issues with XBL since getting my X1 than I had over the entire 8 years of the Xbox 360. :(
i don't own an xb1 but i've had more issues with live this year than i have my other years of owning an 360 combined.

Petrae

MS making 360s self destruct so you have to buy a new console.

"What? Your Xbox 360 gives you a black screen when you play it online? We're sorry for your inconvenience, but maybe now is a good time to upgrade to our new Xbox One console!"

It sounds like a joke, but is it really?

Remark

Banned
Try this OP. I haven't had this problem but I read some people with the problem and this is the solution for now
Yeah that is what I'm currently doing but it's annoying to do that with every single game. I hope this gets fixed soon :(

Synth

"What? Your Xbox 360 gives you a black screen when you play it online? We're sorry for your inconvenience, but maybe now is a good time to upgrade to our new Xbox One console!"

It sounds like a joke, but is it really?

We can rule that out as the Xbox One has the same issues.

Grisby

Great. I'm getting this now(Florida). Everything was cool last night.

Dash loads up ok but as soon as you start the game you get black screened.

Get on this Spencer!

Edit- Seems to be fine on second boot up.

Every time I try to start a game I get black screen. I checked Xbox Live Status and it said this is happening to other people.

I just wanna play some Skate 3 fam :(
I've been dealing with this for the last few days, I unplugged my Ethernet cord and all is well.
Actually...I shouldn't say all is well since I can't use anything that needs the internet.

Martal

Neo Member
Can't say how I know this but try :

Unplug your router
Reboot console
Clear cache 3 times
turn off console
replug router
turn console back on.

catmario

Is there anyone that having problem to accessing "My account" on web XBOX live?

Other accounts are working, but Only US account are not. :(

Dang... I was trying to manage my card information, but MS didn't let me in.

Top Bottom