• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jakks Pacific creating articulated nintendo toys

jonno394

Slightly off topic but does GAF have a figure collecting thread? Would love to see the best gaming related figures etc.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Cheers, will examine thoroughly when I'm home from work!

The majority of posts discuss female Anime figures, but feel free to bring up male/western/comics/movie/game figures. From Happy Meal toys to mega expensive statues.

Seeing duplicates so early (and taking up almost the whole line) kind of bugs me, but their choices for the upcoming lines are hard to resist. Fucking Cranky? Perfect.

It makes you wonder what happened to the other Ganondorf figure that had pictures leak, as well as the confirmed Fox and Samus 4" ones.

Edit: I'm dumb, missed the 2.5" in your comment. We should definitely see some nice variety in the 4" waves coming up. Let's hope they don't keep dupes in like Mario and Yoshi.

OOT Ganondorf that we saw was definitely 2.5", maybe he got pushed back and we will get OOT in a later wave.
Or they could have figured OOT made more sense in their priority scale.

I expect SS Zelda in 4" W2.

Though i'd love it in 4" some Hyrule Warrior figures in the 2.5" line would be nice.

Wonder what will be the next 6" figures,
WW Link in the 2.5 line dashed my hope of a Link with the King of Red Lions.

NooM

Banned
I can already picture some poor kid excitedly looking to buy his Link Amiibo, and a not-so smart clerk selling them one of these instead, ending in disappointment and frustration when the kid comes back for an exchange and the actual amiibos are now sold out.

Thanks very much you uncaring clerk from TRU!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I can already picture some poor kid excitedly looking to buy his Link Amiibo, and a not-so smart clerk selling them one of these instead, ending in disappointment and frustration when the kid comes back for an exchange and the actual amiibos are now sold out.

Thanks very much you uncaring clerk from TRU!

But the Link figure is much rarer than the amiibo, which definitely won't sell out. It's also $3 cheaper, so win/win.

Plus the kid will probably get both figures anyway because mom doesn't know any better. :p

steveovig

I just stumbled upon a Wario the other day and I was very happy. This is probably the best Wario I've seen. I either didn't know this was coming or I completely forgot. Way to go, Jakks!

Image for next 2.5" wave.
mfgnin023__063486100_0950_05112014.jpg

Pizza

Man childhood me would die. At least I can justify amiibos! I don't need an articulated link at my age

Edit: pikmin toys? /dead gotta get 100

Gameboy415

I finally managed to find Link and Wario - both at the same store no less! :D

Image for next 2.5" wave.
mfgnin023__063486100_0950_05112014.jpg

I'm definitely going to get these when they come out, but I would've preferred to see the Pikmin release in 2-packs or something considering how simplistic they are (~$3.99 for one Red Pikmin is a bit much, IMO).

Does anyone know a date or the timeframe for those? I need that Olimar.
Link and Ganon should be coming in new shipments of W1 2.5" any day now(similar to Wario in 4").
All others are full wave 2 which will be Jan-Feb.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=JK83517A
Man I love the look of the Zelda figures' boxart.

So does Link. I think it's the hair or maybe the mouth? Damn.
Think its the angle, he looks better in the boxed images.
Also the final images don't seem to have the bad gloss either.

Man childhood me would die. At least I can justify amiibos! I don't need an articulated link at my age
These are $4 and more statue like than the $8 4" figures.
You can almost buy 4 for the price of 1 amiibo.

Fox Mulder

Still haven't found Bowser although I got the large DK while looking for amiibos.

These look good for how cheap they are and are meant for kids to play with. The figures barely stand on their own for displaying.

SalvaPot

Still haven't found Bowser although I got the large DK while looking for amiibos.

These look good for how cheap they are and are meant for kids to play with. The figures barely stand on their own for displaying.

I saw about 3 bowser this morning at toys r us, he looked AMAZING, but I just didn´t had the money for him...

Found a lone Windwaker Link sitting in front a ton of Diddy/Donkey Kong figures. Asked if they had any more in the back, but they said everything was on the shelf.

It appears that Gannon and Link are the only new additions to the original wave, replacing Wario and Waluigi. It's marked series 1-2, so I imagine we'll see another revision or two over the coming months before wave 2.

Not a fan of how they're doing it, but at least there's no shortage of any of the figures anymore-- seems like they got stock just right with at least 3-4 of every figure of all sizes. Hopefully that means future waves won't include elusive figures either.

SmithnCo

The big Link is pretty nice looking. It looks like something that would be in a store display. I also want the Metroid to go with figma Samus.

Wanderer5

"Be sure to keep your eyes open and expect these to be much more affordable than the Figma or S.H. Figuarts Nintendo figures."

But also at a much lower quality.:p Meh guess Bowser looks fine. Heh at that metroid too.

Top Bottom