• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kiefer Sutherland should redub the other MGS games

sappyday

I finished Ground Zeroes just a couple of hours ago and despite me not liking the voice at first it really grew on to me. I still think Hayter is a great Snake and is Snake but Keifer's voice is just more soothing and fitting.

Now ok maybe his voice would be really off in the later games since Hayter's voice added to the camp factor of those games but I still think it would be cool if he redubbed all the lines. It just seems jarring having a new voice actor to a legendary character already but this would be one of the ways to fix it.

Ocelott

I finished Ground Zeroes just a couple of hours ago and despite me not liking the voice at first it really grew on to me. I still think Hayter is a great Snake and is Snake but Keifer's voice is just more soothing and fitting.

Now ok maybe his voice would be really off in the later games since Hayter's voice added to the camp factor of those games but I still think it would be cool if he redubbed all the lines. It just seems jarring having a new voice actor to a legendary character already but this would be one of the ways to fix it.

This is madness

arekuso

nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono

It's like asking Troy Baker to dub Mario's voice in the upcoming Mario games

This is Big Boss, not Solid Snake. If they did this it should only be done in games like MGS3 where Big Boss is the main character. There's a shitload of dialogue across these games; not sure why they would get an actor voicing a different character to go back and redub lines for a character he's not playing.

psychotron

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono

It's like asking Troy Baker to dub Mario's voice in the upcoming Mario games

I came here to tell the same thing haha

Jawmuncher

I don't mind Kiefer in MGS but that idea is a bit too much even for me.
I can't imagine playing MGS1, 2, or 3 with his voice in them.

Especially MGS1. Where all of the voice work was absolutely flawless.

3bdelilah

Banned
I'm not all that aware of the MGS series, but isn't this Big Boss character another person and not the Solid Snake from MGS4/SSB Brawl?

I really really like Keifer's portrayal of Big Boss, it's far less cringeworthy than some of Hayter's more campy, almost parody-like portrayal of Big Boss and Snake as the series went on.

I don't think it's worth re-dubbing the old games though.

Top Bottom