• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita a virtual no show at Sony conference

Spineker

Banned
As a matter of fact, they openly hurt the Vita by taking away Tearaway.

Is it safe to call it dead now? Such a shame.

Vita still has tons of games coming out and Japan will keep making games, it's not dead but if you don't like Japanese games and Indie stuff, it's not for you.

They didn't hurt shit. Tearaway bombed on the Vita.

The market said that the Vita is dead, unfortunately, and Sony decided that they aren't to revive the dead. The dream is over.

I don't recall Vita ever having much of a presence at Gamescom. TGS was generally where we got most of our Vita announcements outside of any first party support.

With that said don't expect much for Vita. Love that platform, but its been screwed at every turn.

MRORANGE

Expected, Sony just don't care about it anymore, main effort is on PS4 as it's actually making money.

iB3h5iUbtnrQL.png

nelchaar

Ridiculous. I understand why you would want to focus Gamescom and E3 on the PS4 with its unrelenting momentum, but there is no reason to not have a separate min-conference for the Vita or something. Christ, anything.

From a western support view? It wasn't never alive in the first place. You get a Vita for all the Japanese support, actually I don't think I ever bought a single western game for a any handheld at all, well not counting Tearaway.

MQX

They talked about Playstation TV, you know.
Fixed ;)

Edit: I'm actually disappointed about this conference. Not even Freedom Wars was mentioned on this conference. It was only PS4 games(which most of the games were indies :/).

Hoo-doo

Banned

The market said that the Vita is dead, unfortunately, and Sony decided that they aren't to revive the dead. The dream is over.

This. Too good a franchise and IP not to take it to the big leagues.
I'm so fucking happy it comes to PS4.

As a matter of fact, they openly hurt the Vita by taking away Tearaway.

Is it safe to call it dead now? Such a shame.

No. Is SCE trying their best to kill it without losing face? Absolutely.
Hopefully we'll still be getting indies and Japanese SCEJ and third-party games

About Tearaway, I'm honestly glad the IP is getting another chance.

krossj

2 minute trailer for some upcoming titles would have been at least decent but seems they really are done with it in Europe. Disappointing.

SmokyDave

It just isn't a factor in their AAA plans. It's a PS4 extender, a killer way to play indies, and you'll get a trickle of niche titles, mainly from Japan.

It's no more dead than it was 12 months ago.

Hatchtag

Banned
Has Sony announced a single new big 1st party Vita game this year?

They announced a Muppets game lol.

But yeah. The Vita's basically dead at this point and it's a damn shame :/. Such an awesome console, killed by having terrible, terrible support and a lack of understanding of what games to put on it.

patapuf

Why call it dead as long as it gets good games?

It's not like it was suddenly going to sell gangbusters and an IP like tearaway, which sold very little, wasn't going to change that in any way.

It offers a pretty unique library for a portable, i think that's worth more than whatever exclusive the vita has or will get.

18-Volt

The same market said 3DS is dead too, but Nintendo didn't give up and did their best to revive their platform. Sony was capable of doing the same but chose not to.

Top Bottom