• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MARVEL UNIVERSE LIVE: The only place to see The Avengers, Spider-Man, and The X-Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm going to college next week and my parents, deathly afraid of that, have brought 20 year old me to MARVEL UNIVERSE LIVE here at Barclays Center in NY. The show hasn't started yet but man there are a bunch of kids here. Apparently it's a circus with Marvel heroes with explosions and motorcycles. Buttrock from the Avengers soundtrack is blasting on the speakers. Only my comic geekiness will save me now. I'll post my impressions at the intermission and the end.

Everything is ridiculously overpriced

Slayven

Will the costume changes be as good as Sentai Live?

i8NjD6nVFkLXU.gif

WillyFive

I love live shows, I have the fondest memories of Disney on Ice. I remember this show getting lots of media attention when it premiered on Tampa earlier this summer, I wonder if it's any good. I'd love to see more superhero live shows, but it seems the only place to see them are with Japanese superheroes (like Super Sentai, as Slayven posted).

Ok, intermission. This thing is nuts. Ok, so it opens with Thor holding the cosmic cube, telling everyone how dangerous it is. He smashes it with mjolnir and everyone shits their pants at the pyro. He says he's gonna scatter the pieces throughout the globe so no one can have it.

So then Loki comes down and cuts a classic pro wrestling promo about how our sports teams suck and we smell. I half expected John Cena to come out.

We cut to Stark's crib where he's bored as hell because their are no villains around. Everyone in the show is basically body acting to voice overs by the cartoon voice actors. Suddenly Peter Parker busts in through his window to do rad skate tricks in Tony's office. Tony contacts the other Avengers: Banner is meditating somewhere, Captain America is helping an old lady cross the street, and Black widow is fighting Shield recruits. The lady playing widow has a nice butt.

Tony is contacted by Fury and Maria Hill who are in a desert somwhere, when they are suddenly attacked by Chitauri. It is straight out of Power Rangers. They fight valiantly, but get bopped. Iron man and Spidey suit up to rescue them.

Fury and Hill are brought to Loki, who says he's making a clone cosmic cube by sucking out the x gene in Wolverine, Storm, and Cyclops

Wut

Iron man and Spidey arrive, big fight, lasers and ropes. They free Wolverine but Loki escapes with Storm and Cyclops. Wolverine is pissed.

We cut to Avengers Tower, where the heroes meet up. There's Iron man, Spidey, Cap, widow, Bruce Banner, Falcon, wolverine, fucking carol danvers, Hawkeye, and Thor. There's a funny moment where Jarvis lists off all of Wolverine's aliases. No one knows who Captain Marvel is and she looks like a goober flying around on a rope.

The heroes say they need to rebuild the cosmic cube to fight Loki, but Thor gets mad and says no one person should have that power. Spidey says tthey'll all have it. FRIENDSHIPS. TEAMWORK. They split up to find the pieces, which have been taken by AIM, Hydra, and the Sinister Six.

Intermission.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
I saw Batman Live a few years ago.

It's obviously designed for children.

I'm over 30.

I fucking loved every second of it.

G-Fex

Ok, intermission. This thing is nuts. Ok, so it opens with Thor holding the cosmic cube, telling everyone how dangerous it is. He smashes it with mjolnir and everyone shits their pants at the pyro. He says he's gonna scatter the pieces throughout the globe so no one can have it.

So then Loki comes down and cuts a classic pro wrestling promo about how our sports teams suck and we smell. I half expected John Cena to come out.

We cut to Stark's crib where he's bored as hell because their are no villains around. Everyone in the show is basically body acting to voice overs by the cartoon voice actors. Suddenly Peter Parker busts in through his window to do rad skate tricks in Tony's office. Tony contacts the other Avengers: Banner is meditating somewhere, Captain America is helping an old lady cross the street, and Black widow is fighting Shield recruits. The lady playing widow has a nice butt.

Tony is contacted by Fury and Maria Hill who are in a desert somwhere, when they are suddenly attacked by Chitauri. It is straight out of Power Rangers. They fight valiantly, but get bopped. Iron man and Spidey suit up to rescue them.

Fury and Hill are brought to Loki, who says he's making a clone cosmic cube by sucking out the x gene in Wolverine, Storm, and Cyclops

Wut

Iron man and Spidey arrive, big fight, lasers and ropes. They free Wolverine but Loki escapes with Storm and Cyclops. Wolverine is pissed.

We cut to Avengers Tower, where the heroes meet up. There's Iron man, Spidey, Cap, widow, Bruce Banner, Falcon, wolverine, fucking carol danvers, and Thor. There's a funny moment where Jarvis lists off all of Wolverine's aliases. No one knows who Captain Marvel is and she looks like a goober flying around on a rope.

The heroes say they need to rebuild the cosmic cube to fight Loki, but Thor gets mad and says no one person should have that power. Spidey says tthey'll all have it. FRIENDSHIPS. TEAMWORK. They split up to find the pieces, which have been taken by AIM, Hydra, and the Sinister Six.

Intermission.

good details!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
what kind of sorcery is this?

The four in-costume come in behind the sliding slides, while the four on stage leave stage behind the slides. They change on the second pass-over. You can see the girl in yellow slightly leaning to her left as if to run right when the second slide passes her by and she disappears.

damn, how long was intermission?

where's my deets?

Is this show ever coming to SF Bay Area... I would really love to, um take the kids....

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
...Black widow is fighting Shield recruits. The lady playing widow has a nice butt...
Please post pics. If it's popping, I swear to Excelsior to go and buy tickets for tonight's show with my kids. Cause you know...Science

Ok, second half of the show:

So, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, and Hawkeye storm AIM headquarters where they meet (ugh) Aldritch Killian from Iron Man 3 with a vat of extremis whatever and super soldiers. There are dudes in those silly yellow AIM costumes, which is cool. Iron Man is basically playing the Spidey of the group, just jokes jokes jokes rapid fire. Hawkeye has literally not said a single word. The audience was confused as hell that a normal dude in a business suit was laying the smackdown on Iron Man, and there's a moment where Iron Man just drops a wall on Killian as the audience gasped. Some little kid was asking why Iron Man just killed that guy.

They keep fighting the Extremis soldiers when Killian bursts out ON FIRE as the trio kick his ass. The get the cosmic cube fractal and we cut to Wolverine in Bruce Banner in the Himalayas, popping sick wheelies and hitting ramps for no real reason.

We cut to the statue of Liberty's head, complete with GANGSTA RAP where the Green Goblin is cutting a promo about how he's going to use the fractal to take over the world and become the "Gob-Father" groan from the audience. Spidey and Thor bust in and there's a big fight, with Spidey facing Goblin and Electro (who looks like SHIT) while Thor takes on Rhino, Doc Ock, and The Lizard. Dr Octopus was clearly voiced by Tom Kenny, and he sounded like Spongebob the entire time. Thor at one point hits Rhino with Mjolnir, yelling IT's HAMMER TIME!

Spidey and Goblins fight is interrupted by Black Cat, who steals the cosmic cube piece but spidey ain't having none of that shit and webs her off the statue. Goblin hilariously then throws Spidey off the statue head, but Spidey lives but hanging underneath Goblin's Glider. Thor has enough of this and one shots Rhino, Lizard, and Ock, while Spidey punches Goblin to take the cube piece. Spidey says he has to tweet this, to which Thor says to follow him on Twitter

Back to Wolverine and Banner climbing Everest. Wolverine is voiced by Steve Blum, who is SHOUTING EVERYTHING HE SAYS. We go to the next segment, where Cap, Black Widow, and Falcon (in his classic red and white attire) storm Hydra headquarters in the middle of a sick speech by Red Skull, who shouts HYDRA a couple of times, each time it booms throughout the arena. This part is exclusively Motorcycle based, sick wheelies and ramp hitting abound. It was honestly a kind of awkward segment, as there were literally moments where Cap and the rest would just watch as Red Skull did sick X-Games tricks. Falcon was flying around, slapping the shit out of everyone with his wings. Red Skull nearly escapes in this hilarious looking Jetsons style putt putt rocket, but is brought down by Cap's shield, which shoots out sparks that make it look rocket powered.

Now we head to the climax as Wolverine and Banner split up in Loki's lair in the Himalayas. Wolverine fights a bunch of Chitauri in this really brutal fight, just stabbing and flipping all over the place. He frees Cyclops and Storm, and are joined by the rest of the Heroes sans Cap, Widow, and Falcon.

There was this really cool moment where I had to grin because the recreated the famous Avengers Group pose but with Spidey and Captain Marvel this time:

Big fight with Loki and Chitauri, and then Loki teleports all the previous villains for an even BIGGER fight. Cap, Widow, and Falcon arrive and the heroes combine the fractals when
OMGSWERVE Loki was never making a clone cube at all! He just tricked the heroes into bring one for him! Aw shit.

Loki attempts to mind control Spidey, Iron Man, and Thor, but Thor's like fuck that FRIENDSHIP and frees them. Bruce Banner comes in and DIVEBOMBS into a pile of Chitauri, who wail on him until he turns into The Hulk! THE CROWD GOES WILD! Oh NO! Loki mind controls The Hulk and now he's fighting the heroes! Luckily, Iron Man destroys Loki's mind Control device, and they even semi recreate the PUNY GOD scene from Avengers.

Thor takes Loki to Asgard and Captain America offers Spider an Avengers membership, but Spidey declines, wanting to do his own thing. The performers bow, and the audience claps.

Overall, it was entertaining in a Disney World play kind of way. You have who like Superheros? sure take em. I had a very nice time.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ok, second half of the show:

So, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, and Hawkeye storm AIM headquarters where they meet (ugh) Aldritch Killian from Iron Man 3 with a vat of extremis whatever and super soldiers. There are dudes in those silly yellow AIM costumes, which is cool. Iron Man is basically playing the Spidey of the group, just jokes jokes jokes rapid fire. Hawkeye has literally not said a single word. The audience was confused as hell that a normal dude in a business suit was laying the smackdown on Iron Man, and there's a moment where Iron Man just drops a wall on Killian as the audience gasped. Some little kid was asking why Iron Man just killed that guy.

They keep fighting the Extremis soldiers when Killian bursts out ON FIRE as the trio kick his ass. The get the cosmic cube fractal and we cut to Wolverine in Bruce Banner in the Himalayas, popping sick wheelies and hitting ramps for no real reason.

We cut to the statue of Liberty's head, complete with GANGSTA RAP where the Green Goblin is cutting a promo about how he's going to use the fractal to take over the world and become the "Gob-Father" groan from the audience. Spidey and Thor bust in and there's a big fight, with Spidey facing Goblin and Electro (who looks like SHIT) while Thor takes on Rhino, Doc Ock, and The Lizard. Dr Octopus was clearly voiced by Tom Kenny, and he sounded like Spongebob the entire time. Thor at one point hits Rhino with Mjolnir, yelling IT's HAMMER TIME!

Spidey and Goblins fight is interrupted by Black Cat, who steals the cosmic cube piece but spidey ain't having none of that shit and webs her off the statue. Goblin hilariously then throws Spidey off the statue head, but Spidey lives but hanging underneath Goblin's Glider. Thor has enough of this and one shots Rhino, Lizard, and Ock, while Spidey punches Goblin to take the cube piece. Spidey says he has to tweet this, to which Thor says to follow him on Twitter

Back to Wolverine and Banner climbing Everest. Wolverine is voiced by Steve Blum, who is SHOUTING EVERYTHING HE SAYS. We go to the next segment, where Cap, Black Widow, and Falcon (in his classic red and white attire) storm Hydra headquarters in the middle of a sick speech by Red Skull, who shouts HYDRA a couple of times, each time it booms throughout the arena. This part is exclusively Motorcycle based, sick wheelies and ramp hitting abound. It was honestly a kind of awkward segment, as there were literally moments where Cap and the rest would just watch as Red Skull did sick X-Games tricks. Falcon was flying around, slapping the shit out of everyone with his wings. Red Skull nearly escapes in this hilarious looking Jetsons style putt putt rocket, but is brought down by Cap's shield, which shoots out sparks that make it look rocket powered.

Now we head to the climax as Wolverine and Banner split up in Loki's lair in the Himalayas. Wolverine fights a bunch of Chitauri in this really brutal fight, just stabbing and flipping all over the place. He frees Cyclops and Storm, and are joined by the rest of the Heroes sans Cap, Widow, and Falcon.

There was this really cool moment where I had to grin because the recreated the famous Avengers Group pose but with Spidey and Captain Marvel this time:

Big fight with Loki and Chitauri, and then Loki teleports all the previous villains for an even BIGGER fight. Cap, Widow, and Falcon arrive and the heroes combine the fractals when
OMGSWERVE Loki was never making a clone cube at all! He just tricked the heroes into bring one for him! Aw shit.

Loki attempts to mind control Spidey, Iron Man, and Thor, but Thor's like fuck that FRIENDSHIP and frees them. Bruce Banner comes in and DIVEBOMBS into a pile of Chitauri, who wail on him until he turns into The Hulk! THE CROWD GOES WILD! Oh NO! Loki mind controls The Hulk and now he's fighting the heroes! Luckily, Iron Man destroys Loki's mind Control device, and they even semi recreate the PUNY GOD scene from Avengers.

Thor takes Loki to Asgard and Captain America offers Spider an Avengers membership, but Spidey declines, wanting to do his own thing. The performers bow, and the audience claps.

Overall, it was entertaining in a Disney World play kind of way. You have who like Superheros? sure take em. I had a very nice time.

This really needs to come to germany. Sounds fantastic :D

G-Fex

That looks so ridiculous and big with a lot of people.

I imagine how funny it is when someone botches a scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom