• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HAPPY VALLEY |OT| BBC drama now streaming on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netflix said:
From the creator of "Last Tango in Halifax" comes this police drama starring Sarah Lancashire ("Coronation Street") as Yorkshire police sergeant Catherine Cawood, a strong-willed officer coping with the suicide of her daughter and struggling to raise the young son she left behind. When the man she blames for her daughter's death is paroled, Cawood embarks on a mission to bring him down, unaware that her target is plotting another heinous crime.

Sarah Lancashire as Catherine Cawood: a police sergeant
Steve Pemberton as Kevin Weatherill: accountant for Nevison Gallagher
Siobhan Finneran as Clare Cartwright: Catherine's sister
George Costigan as Nevison Gallagher: a successful businessman
Joe Armstrong as Ashley Cowgill: a property developer and drug dealer
James Norton as Tommy Lee Royce: a convicted drug offender suspected of raping Catherine's daughter
Adam Long as Lewis Whippey: an employee of Ashley
Charlie Murphy as Ann Gallagher: Nevison's daughter

Trailer | Metacritic | Wikipedia

Very interesting, thanks for the heads-up. I thought Netflix Original meant it was produced by Netflix.. but in this case it was aired on BBC before? So it's streaming exclusive on Netflix?

She reminds me of a female Inspector Frost.

Very interesting, thanks for the heads-up. I thought Netflix Original meant it was produced by Netflix.. but in this case it was aired on BBC before? So it's streaming exclusive on Netflix?

It's entirely produced by BBC. Netflix just picked up the US/Canada distribution rights.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Who have they cast in the roles of Joe Paterno and Jerry Sandusky?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
O'Brien from Downton Abbey plays both of them.

It's weird.
Actually, I think that's a take that can work. They can use it to show how Paterno "knew but didn't know" what was going on while at the same doing nothing to stop Sandusky's abuse. I think it could offer interesting insight into Paterno's struggle against doing what was right in order to protect the empire that he had built around himself. By having the same actor playing both roles it could create a powerful visual correlation between Sandusky's actions and Paterno's inactions, both of which allowed dozens of kids to be abused throughout the years.

Jake.

looks pretty good. the suburb i live in is called happy valley (south australia), when people overseas send me stuff they always make fun of me. :(

Watched until the 5th episode, the last two episodes on Vita's Netflix App.

Shame the App never got updated.. it doesn't support Netflix's user accounts.. because the video quality and overall viewing experience was perfect.

Anyway, watch this show. I think it's the best thing I've seen since Prime Suspect (the original series)

Watched until the 5th episode, the last two episodes on Vita's Netflix App.

Shame the App never got updated.. it doesn't support Netflix's user accounts.. because the video quality and overall viewing experience was perfect.

Anyway, watch this show. I think it's the best thing I've seen since Prime Suspect (the original series)

Really?
Interesting

Finished it today, amazing performances all around. Very well rounded show. Beautiful setting, photography, and character development.

What will it take to get this thread going? It deserves more eyes.

AkuMifune

Banned
Finished it today, amazing performances all around. Very well rounded show. Beautiful setting, photography, and character development.

What will it take to get this thread going? It deserves more eyes.

Was looking for a new show, just started watching based on this thread.

Seems great so far!

L1NETT

Yep saw this earlier when it aired here earlier in the year and thought it was one of the best things I'd seen in ages

Not usually a fan of Sarah Lancashire either.

Highly recommended

mclem

I've been keeping this on my laptop since the BBC broadcasts ready for watching when I go on holiday (in a few weeks), but everything I've heard about this has been very very promising.

DeSo

Banned
Damn, this might be the best thing I've seen this year. Completely gripping and what an incredible performance from Sarah Lancashire, just wow.

Dalek

My wife and I started this last night, starting episode 3 now. This is insanely good. I can't believe this isn't a bigger show. It's my goal now to spread the word on it to everyone I know.

Had I known about this when I made my top ten list, this would definitely be on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom