• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Valley (Series 2, Feb 9th, BBC One)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUWK9Vg.jpg

BAFTA award winning goodness is back! If you haven't seen series one yet, go and watch it immediately! (Available on Netlix)
What is Happy Valley? Series One overview:
From the creator of "Last Tango in Halifax" comes this police drama starring Sarah Lancashire ("Coronation Street") as Yorkshire police sergeant Catherine Cawood, a strong-willed officer coping with the suicide of her daughter and struggling to raise the young son she left behind. When the man she blames for her daughter's death is paroled, Cawood embarks on a mission to bring him down, unaware that her target is plotting another heinous crime.
Trailer

Series two is a direct continuation of events in the first series
(Episode 1 description, series one spoilers)
Eighteen months have passed, and Catherine is spinning plates at work and at home, where Ryan approaches his tenth birthday.
Tommy, serving a life sentence in a high-security prison, finds a way of keeping a watchful eye over Ryan from behind bars
, while Catherine becomes a murder suspect after finding a dead body.

Series two trailer
Starts next Tuesday at 9 P.M on BBC One
Personally I thought series one was one of the best dramas in a long time, and I challenge anyone to not be hooked after episode three!
:)

rtcn63

I watched the first series not too long back, and later on realized that some aspects of the plot were very similar to
the movie Fargo.
But overall, it wasn't terrible.

Nola

This was a pretty good series, didn't realize there was a second season coming. Thanks, OP!

Kalor

I wasn't expecting this to be on until later in the year due to their silence since the announcement but I'm looking forward to it.

IronRinn

I watched the first season on Netflix a while back and thought it was pretty good (and Lancashire was especially excellent in it). Looking forward to seeing what they do in season two.

Dalek

Season one of this is one of the best shows I've ever seen. I can't wait for it to start up again.

I wonder when it will be on American Netflix.

L1NETT

reaaaaalllllllly nervous bout this

First series was and that, but got a sinking feeling it'll have second-series-itis (ahem Broadchurch/The Fall)

will watch though, and with Trapped starting this weekend tele finally starting to pick up again.

reaaaaalllllllly nervous bout this

First series was and that, but got a sinking feeling it'll have second-series-itis (ahem Broadchurch/The Fall)

will watch though, and with Trapped starting this weekend tele finally starting to pick up again.

I was worried too at first but Ep.1 reviews are glowing, and Wainwright always had a second series in mind ( so no bullshit like Broachchurch thankfully)

Dalek

Just finished episode one. Very good episode-any questions I had that they could make a season 2 just as compelling are gone. Great setup and a very natural tie to first season. I wish more people were watching this.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
FWIW, this is confirmed to hit US Netflix on March 16th.

Dalek

Finally getting caught up on Netflix. This is the best god damned show on tv. What a fucking season

I read that Sarah doesn't want to come back for a season 3-what a shame. I think she's the best actress I have ever seen.

Peru

Sally Wainwright certainly writes the best dialogue on TV right now. It's not even that important what the plot is, as long as we get some northern English community of characters.

Dalek

Sally Wainwright certainly writes the best dialogue on TV right now. It's not even that important what the plot is, as long as we get some northern English community of characters.

My wife and I just said the same thing. The dialogue is so natural - there's nothing "showy" about it. But it puts nearly every other show to shame.

Finally getting caught up on Netflix. This is the best god damned show on tv. What a fucking season

I read that Sarah doesn't want to come back for a season 3-what a shame. I think she's the best actress I have ever seen.

There's been conflicting info about that - I've also read that she (and the rest of production) are happy to return but Wainwright is busy on other projects for the foreseeable future - so a third series would be a couple of years away at least.

Personally I think if the story were to continue it would make sense for a few years to pass, so Ryan ages a bit (maybe early teens?) because I don't think Wainwright would have Royce escape from jail, and another serial killer so soon after would be too unbelievable - so I think a few years breathing room would be more realistic.

Dalek

I did read that if it returns it won't be until 2018. That seems like torture to wait that long. I love this character so much.

Dalek

I feel like this is the biggest undiscovered gem to most American viewers anyways-I know its big in the UK but I want to make everyone here that I know watch it-it's just as intense and gripping as the best of them.

I just finished Season 2 since it arrived on US Netflix. What an amazing show. Some of the best performances and most believable writing. This is incredibly overlooked, check this out, Neogaf!

Glad you got caught up. It's such an amazing show.

Yes, I felt really emotional at times. The acting is just amazing. The cinematography and pacing as well. Looking back it seemed like it was more than 6 episodes, it is so dense. And the main character is so powerful and layered.

We need a spin-off series where she teams up with Luther.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom