• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan Black Season 4 |OT| Paul Free Since 2015 – Thursdays at 9/10c on BBC America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badassperger

Neo Member
This was my favourite season of the show so far. Evil Cho was a great villain, I really liked MK and while Helena wasn't around much, everything she did was great. Now punch me into a coma so I can wake up next year and watch season 5.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What happened to
sophia burset, the trans woman?
I'm on episode 4 and nowhere to be found

Wrong thread, but speaking of trans characters, do we think we'll ever see Tony again? I kind of hope we don't because he wasn't very well realized, but then again I kind of hope we do so the writers/Tatiana can take another crack at him.

someday

Banned
Wrong thread, but speaking of trans characters, do we think we'll ever see Tony again? I kind of hope we don't because he wasn't very well realized, but then again I kind of hope we do so the writers/Tatiana can take another crack at him.
I saw an interview with Tatiana and she said that Tony was her favorite clone to play, at least at that time. She would like him to come back but I guess some fan reaction is a part of it not happening. I liked the idea of Tony and even respected the style choices made for him but he was also one of the few clones that I couldn't help but see Tatiana in, if that makes sense.

Quick

Banned
I saw an interview with Tatiana and she said that Tony was her favorite clone to play, at least at that time. She would like him to come back but I guess some fan reaction is a part of it not happening. I liked the idea of Tony and even respected the style choices made for him but he was also one of the few clones that I couldn't help but see Tatiana in, if that makes sense.

Agreed. And I know exactly what you mean, as well.

Tony basically felt like a disguise more than an actual person in terms of how he was portrayed. No slight against Tatiana Maslany, as I think she tried her best, but the role might have required more preparation and thought.

Just marathoned through the entire season this week, pleasantly surprised. I wasn't a fan at all of season 3, thought it was meandering and plot less. By contrast season 4 was razor sharp and on point with the story and moving characters through logical arcs.

The only disappointment was the finale really, some good bits especially the little reveals at the end. Sarah losing yet another key fight is disappointing yet not surprising, she should have at least stabbed Rachel in the other eye so her robotic journey could be complete.

I kind of wonder at the sanity of a bunch of people who live in huts on a remote island, hopefully its not a magical Lost like island, is Hurley just around the corner? I wonder if they sometimes stare at the nice big house with all the comforts of the world. Or maybe they are the cleaners, electrical engineers, IT guys, and cooks for the house and dabble in bio-science on the side in their huts.

Natiko

Banned
My main complaint with season 4 is that they went out of their way to try to justify a reason for Helena to be gone for a large chunk of it, letting Sarah and co. (mainly Sarah and Alison) flounder about and be incompetent. Still a really entertaining season. Gonna be really sad to see it go next year.

Pretty good season overall, but not super happy with the final mainly because the plot is getting increasingly ridicules and contrived. Rachael the cripple beating up Sarah was pretty dumb, but Susan not shooting her (just aim for the leg at least) after admitting she wished she hadn't made her and Rachael stabbed her in the stomach, stole what she had worked towards for decades and threatened to kill a another person Susan loved (or whatever you call the feelings she has for the clones), was definitely worse.

Overall season 4 is a lot better than 3, but not quite as good as 1 and 2. Best parts were probably Krystal, which might just have topped Helena as the best clone. Every minute she's on screen is just pure joy.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Finally finished up the season, which was pretty good overall. Didn't think the finale was the greatest as a whole, but had some good moments. I'm glad we got more Krystal, she was so great. MK was interesting too, hope to see more of her. Overall I think this was one of the better seasons.

I had no idea next season was the last til I saw it mentioned while watching the finale. I'm fine with that.

Dereck

Orphan Black season 4 behind the scenes screens

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/orphan-black/extras/orphan-black-season-4-behind-the-scenes

ob-bts-958.jpg

The illusion is shattered!
That's nothing. Seeing her dressed as Krystal while not being Krystal really shatters the illusion.

There was an interesting picture in the last episode's wrap up blog for anyone that's interested in seeing how ideas change from start to finish. It's a picture of one of the show runners in front of a white board pitching finale ideas to BBC over the phone.

You can't really make out the first half of the show, but second half is definitely a lot different, with the only similar beats being Cosima and Delphine reuniting and Rachel gaining power at the end.

Of the several things that changed (spoilered in case these ideas are reused in the future, but I doubt most of them would be due to the directions they went):
Rachel, Ira, and Charlotte were still a group in the end
MK was not only in the episode, but Sarah was disguised as her once
They were thinking about killing MK, but it looked like they were just doing it to give Sarah something to do cause they hadn't come up with the Rachel/Sarah confrontation yet.
It's really hard to make out on the first board, but I think Krystal's name pops up in one of Allison's color coded sections, rather than Sarah.

Another Emmy nomination for Tatiana. When Anthony Anderson pulled out a piece of paper to get the phonetic pronunciation I just knew :D

Obligatory:
zn3iERo.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Another Emmy nomination for Tatiana. When Anthony Anderson pulled out a piece of paper to get the phonetic pronunciation I just knew :D

Obligatory:
zn3iERo.jpg

Hooray! I don't think she'll win this year, but I think she has a legit shot for the show's final season as a sort of "we're sorry for ignoring you, so here's an award for your body of work on this show" award like they did for Jon Hamm and Kyle Chandler.

Tainted

Obligatory:
zn3iERo.jpg

I haven't seen Empire or How to get away with murder...but that is a solid list of nominees.
Claire Danes is absolutely amazing in Homeland, as is Keri in The Americans....but Tatiana should win just due to the talent shown by portraying so many unique characters in the one show.

Wright is great in House of Cards as well....but she isn't the standout of that list imo

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
While that's a solid list of nominees, I find Claire Danes shtick rather tiresome by now. She plays crazy well, but she showed very little nuance during the latest season of Homeland.

I'd rather have Eva Green take her place. Her performance in Penny Dreadful was incredible.

Still, I'm happy to see Tatiana getting some recognition.

My wife and I finished Season 4 a couple of days ago, and to be honest I wasn't really feeling it this time around. We're still waiting on a cure for Cosima, and while that's going on the stuff with the cheek-maggots didn't really go anywhere, Evie Cho turned out to be a nothing villain again (they have a terrible habit of introducing a villain and then killing them off after 5 episodes because there's some new Big Bad on the scene who it turns out is the real villain!), and while I enjoyed Rachel's trickery and manoeuvring, I don't really know what her plot is supposed to be which is so diabolical and makes her an even bigger threat than anyone expected. Also a little bit annoyed that it's now become one of those shows where you can't know that someone is killed off unless you literally see them die.

Also needed more Helena, Alison and Donnie - that dynamic was really fun last season. EDIT - also, what happened with Kira going sort-of psychic a couple of times? Are they implying she might have some kind of powers because she's the daughter of a clone? Did that get any kind of conclusion which I have forgotten about?

someday

Banned
I sort of got the impression that they focused less on Alison and Helena because they introduced MK and had a lot of episodes with Beth and the ditzy clone whose name I completely am spacing on right now.

But I agree that I missed Alison, Helena, and Donnie. They are easily my favorite characters in the series (along with Cosima). Sarah just drives me nuts lately.

I've marathoned the entire show this past week. I had heard people raving about it but the description didn't interest me at all. I'm glad I finally gave it a shot though, I've been hooked since the first episode! Now I have to wait until April for season 5? Damn.

Tainted

Couldn't be happier for Tatiana....I teared up when I heard the news that she had won.

I normally wouldn't give a rats ass about Emmy award nights but this is one of the most deserved winners in some time, she is absolutely amazing and deserves all the additional attention she will no doubt receive now, she is destined for great things once she moves on from Orphan Black.

Take nothing away from the actresses she beat for this award (Claire Danes, Robin Wright, Keri Russell amongst others); I love their respective roles as well....but it just shows how amazing she is in Orphan Black to take the gong.

Lets all raise one for Tatiana :)

someday

Banned
The other actresses are wonderful but Orphan Black is carried by Tatiana Maslany. The show simply doesn't exist without her and I'm thrilled that she got the Emmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom