• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan Black - new Sci-Fi thriller - Saturdays on BBC America

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I hope she wins! The Golden Globes are devoid of any and all legitimacy, but more recognition for Maslany and the show itself is always a good thing.

aku:jiki

Woah, psychic bump. I was just talking to a friend about how we have no idea why the show is called what it is, and then I see this thread! So what does "Orphan Black" mean anyway?

Woah, psychic bump. I was just talking to a friend about how we have no idea why the show is called what it is, and then I see this thread! So what does "Orphan Black" mean anyway?
26XXuZU.gif
QUTAOUx.gif

BxfRTRj.gif
mgCE66D.gif

9OsS6rm.gif
hKurC61.gif

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Finished watching the season yesterday. I think my favourite parts are the comedy elements - mostly involving Felix and Allison. Whole intervention thing was golden. I didn't really get the OMG shocker alarm GET OUT response from Cosima and co. regarding the copyright code they find in their DNA. So, on one hand the organization behind their monitoring tries to convince them to sign a contract where they aren't monitored anymore and secretly tested (like you're ever going to trust the club that did this), but the same company actually considers them property? Sorta weak. Also Donnie's reveal wasn't really surprising. Nonetheless had a blast with the show and really looking forward to what they'll do with the second season. I hope they can maintain the combination of a rather dark storyline with the more comedic elements.

KarmaCow

Space had a Marathon for this and finally jumped into it thanks to it. I'm in still in the post-watch high but April 18 feels so far away now. The show got pretty corny with the whole neolutionist people even if the idea itself isn't that bad, but otherwise it felt as grounded as a show about clones made ~30 years ago could be.

Tatiana Maslany deserves a ton more attention, she (and Felix) carries the entire show on her back. The other actors are pretty weak, especially Paul. Dude is gorgeous but yikes. You can also tell it's a Canadian show with all the small Canadian actors popping up every so often. :p

royalan

Paul's glorious side-ass is more than enough to make him a competitive draw for the show.

I mean, have you seen the Orphan Black tag on Tumblr? Every other post is of Paul's cheeks.

Space had a Marathon for this and finally jumped into it thanks to it. I'm in still in the post-watch high but April 18 feels so far away now. The show got pretty corny with the whole neolutionist people even if the idea itself isn't that bad, but otherwise it felt as grounded as a show about clones made ~30 years ago could be.

I'm very impressed by how well it has handled its campier elements. It goes right up to the edge and then pulls back just in the nick of time.

It will be interesting to see how well it can handle this delicate balance in future seasons. One bad choice and it could really go off the rails.

Hopefully they've gotten a budget boost. The music, in particular, could use a significant upgrade. The score sounds super cheap and repetitive.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
A Golden Globe would have been a nice piece of recognition for the show, but the award is ultimately worthless so I wouldn't fret too much.

UrbanRats

At least she got nominated. That's much than you can say for someone like Clarke Peters or Treme in general. *grumbles*

I have to catch up on Treme.
I watched the premiere a bunch of years ago (whenever it was) and then forgot about it.

Did it came out good after that?

Clevinger

I have to catch up on Treme.
I watched the premiere a bunch of years ago (whenever it was) and then forgot about it.

Did it came out good after that?

I thought it it was very strong right out the gate, so if someone didn't like the pilot I don't know what the rest of the show would do for them. It's definitely worth a try though. It's an incredible show.

UrbanRats

I thought it it was very strong right out the gate, so if someone didn't like the pilot I don't know what the rest of the show would do for them. It's definitely worth a try though. It's an incredible show.

I liked the pilot, just didn't have time for it then, and then forgot about it.
It definitely looked like a slow burner, but so was The Wire or even Deadwood (some of the best shows ever made).

mr stroke

super LTTP on this show. But Amazon had the Blu Ray on sale so I jumped in. Poop socked the entire series today and really impressed.

Couple of cheesy parts here and there(most of the Alison stuff) really wish the show would have went with a completely dark tone, but otherwise the show has me hooked. Can't wait for S2.

watched the whole season on xfinity on demand last Saturday.

I wasn't expecting the tail to look like that. For some reason I expected something more feline. I don't remember feeling so disgusted from a tv show, from the reveal, to the slicing, to the dancing with the tail lol.

Love the show, can't wait for more

- EW: 'Orphan Black': Check out an exclusive sneak peek at season 2 (social media teasers on instagram, please spoiler tag any discussion)

EDIT: Direct link to their instagram account.
Today, BBC AMERICA released the first of eight sneak peek clips from season two of Orphan Black. The official Orphan Black Instagram (@OrphanBlacktv) will post seven additional sneak peek clips (once daily) from the new season of the dramatic conspiracy thriller. Season two of Orphan Black premieres Saturday, April 19 at 9:00pm ET/PT on BBC AMERICA.

EDIT2: Youtube copy of the clip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom