• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan Black - Season 2 - Starring Tatiana Maslany as everyone - Sat on BBC America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
- Sneak peek scene from the premiere (youtube, please spoiler tag discussion as appropriate)

Not sure if it's worth spoiler tagging or not, but...
they should get new phone covers!

By the way, if anyone is interested in doing the S3 Orphan Black OT, please let me know. I probably won't have time this year, so I'm looking to pass it off to someone else. Thanks. :)

I wouldn't mind taking a stab at it, or helping out if someone else really wants to.

Maria Doyle Kennedy (Mrs. S.) has a nice little role in Jupiter Ascending as Mila Kunis' mother and she pretty much steals every scene she's in.

huxley00

Just binge watched Season 2 over the weekend, liked it quite a bit. Sure, it is fairly implausible but it is also endlessly entertaining. I don't think it quite lived up to season 1, I don't see how it could, but it was very solid.

Funny thing is I didn't even notice
Rachel
right away. Whenever I see someone
wounded I just automatically assume it's Helena.

UrbanRats

I feel like they're trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice, with that male clone thing.

If the actor is not particularly capable, it's gonna be a train-wreck.

I feel like they're trying to catch lightning in a bottle twice, with that male clone thing.

If the actor is not particularly capable, it's gonna be a train-wreck.
They're not supposed to be like the female clones. They're a lot more alike cause they were all raised the same. Although the expectations that people have from watching Tatiana for 2 years could still make it underwhelming regardless of their intent.

Quick

Banned
This show was god tier until 'Tony' showed up.

Small misstep.

But it was becoming clear in general the writers don't have a definitive path to end things. Which can be good or bad. We'll find out soon, I suppose.

Side note: Any OT title suggestions? "Count your sisters" seems to be the big quote from the promos.

Dereck

tatiana-maslany-covers-flare.jpg
tatiana-maslany-covers-flare-02.jpg
tatiana-maslany-covers-flare-03.jpg

http://www.justjared.com/2015/03/03...-maslany-never-wanted-fame-struggles-with-it/

Tatiana is doing a one woman tv show. And its to her credit each character is so unique. I never think its Tatiana in a wig because she disappears into the character.

Sestra brother. I love Helena when she interacts with Felix.

UrbanRats

Tatiana is doing a one woman tv show. And its to her credit each character is so unique. I never think its Tatiana in a wig because she disappears into the character.

Sestra brother. I love Helena when she interacts with Felix.

I agree, it's sort of uncanny, i had the illusion break just with Tony so far (and a bit with Katja, but she had little screen time).
It helps that the show is larger than life, so the characters get to be cartoony, but still, especially with the convoluted way they have to shoot every scene with clone interaction, it's impressive.

Quick

Banned
She really does a great job being able to give each character enough distinction that you forget that they are all one actress.

Diablos

She really does a great job being able to give each character enough distinction that you forget that they are all one actress.
I've never seen anything like it. She's an incredibly gifted actress.

I am super tired but I just wrapped up S2 and have nothing but good things (more like great things) to say about this show. Will chime in later this week. Amazing, amazing.

berzeli

Banned
Promo image. Click image for much much larger version.

That's a great pic.

I just recently finished season 2, and was kind of let down by how unfocused and sprawling the show became (Hi! brand new clone, Bye! brand new clone. So glad that you couldn't wait until next season where you could have gotten a story arc, or affected the story in any way shape or form). And then I read about how one of the creators has talked about how he wants the show to go on for 8 season + a film... Yeah, that has me worried that the show will end up with ridiculous levels of conspiracy (Lizard people controlsthe reanimated corpse of Ronald Reagan who controls the Inebriati who controls Topside who controls Dyad who...) I'm not done with Orphan Black yet but they need to step their game up a bit.

Adding the government/military was the next logical step in the conspiracy but I hope that the addition of the Castor clones doesn't dilute the Leda clones roles. This show's strength is in its characters, their individual arcs and how they interact with one another, adding more characters may just make all characters more bland. I mentioned it above but I'm really disappointed in how they handled Tony, who exemplifies everything I disliked, he just ended up being part of the sprawl, taking time from more interesting characters.

Whilst talking about dislikes, they had a good thing going with Ethan Duncan both as a individual character and what he added to the plot. I'm glad that they started to explain the experiment and Ethan was the perfect character to do it with, with his mix of detachment (telling Rachel that they're intentionally barren) and compassion (bonding with Kira). His end was way too abrupt, there is so much more they could have done with the character.

This ended up being a bit of a longer rant than anticipated, anyways I'll do the usual routine of desperately avoiding spoilers until the third season ends up on Netflix next year from here on out probably. I'll just add that I kind of want Allison & Donnie to go full on folie à deux with the entire "I never been so attracted to you [as now that we've buried a corpse together]" thing.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Not feeling the Castor clones in that image. They look too samey despite the fact that each one was clearly made to look distinct.

To be fair though, this might be because we don't know what any of their personalities are like yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom