• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan Black Season 4 |OT| Paul Free Since 2015 – Thursdays at 9/10c on BBC America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Recently caught up with season 4, because it wasn't on my local Netflix until this month. Love the show, don't like the Prototype being S' mom.

The show made people from different backgrounds forming a family a huge part of the story, but now all four generations are bound by blood, why undercut yourself?
Yeah, it's been an ongoing issue with their storytelling. From a Nature/Nurture standpoint they obviously tilt heavily to nurture as the biggest factor just based on the variety of clones alone.

But then they have these nature based twists, like the reveal of the original, or Sarah's sudden turnaround in telling Helena how bad she felt shooting her because they're sisters even though there was no evidence of that before, and then the "big" reveal of the castors being their brothers. So what? We've been trained to think biology doesn't matter even remotely as much as the environment they were raised in, so why should we care when a new blood relative is introduced?

One of the things I liked in Season 4 was that Rachel and Ira actually had a sibling relationship, which is much more effective than just telling us they're related and expecting us to care.

Speaking of nature vs nurture, do you think Cosima's and Tony's character opened a can of worms? If they are genetic identical except for the embedded patent barcode, does that mean sexual orientation and identification are nurture?

KarmaCow

Speaking of nature vs nurture, do you think Cosima's and Tony's character opened a can of worms? If they are genetic identical except for the embedded patent barcode, does that mean sexual orientation and identification are nurture?

I thought they all had slight variations for the sake of seeing how far they could push genetic modification?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
We've come so far.

tumblr_n7hguqzF6J1rgvfxho10_500.gif

FYtOqBj.gif

June is shaping up to be a good month for sci-fi shows with the final season of Orphan Black and the return of Kill Joys and Dark Matter.

dLMN8R

This will be my first season of Orphan Black I'm watching live - does it broadcast over the air on PBS in the US like Sherlock did? Or do you need cable to watch Orphan Black in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom