• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny's "Raids" Thread: "Vault of Glass" is OPEN

maltrain

grpJZV.png

Destiny's "Raids"

There is already a thread from mister mocoworm about this right here, but right now is all about people trolling about the game, so if you want to say the game is broken, bad or you didn't like it or bought it, please go there.

So, I'll copy the info from mocoworm trying to start a "clean" thread with strategies, tips and constructive opinions about the "raids".

The race to defeat Destiny's toughest challenge begins

The raid is called Vault of Glass and is only available to characters level 26 or higher. It also requires six players, and remember: all must be friends; there's no matchmaking for the raid.

Bungie has described the Raid as the hardest challenge available in the online first-person shooter so far, but the rewards are tantalising: there's a raid set of gear up for grabs, as well as high level materials.

"Not everyone will qualify," Bungie said. "Among those who do, not everyone will succeed. To even approach this trial of teamwork and combat, the Guardians in your Fireteam will need to be Level 26.

"Bring with you a team that has made the commitment to work together. Configure your loadouts so that you are powerful together in a variety of ways. Communicate with each other. The Raid will demand that you operate as a team. Cooperation is the key to your success."

Bungie added that it is unlikely players will finish the raid in one sitting. Your progress will be saved for one week, but to resume your mission where you left off, you need to follow the same Fireteam leader.

Many of the attempts are being streamed via Twitch. We're following StreamerHouse, which is sorting its team out now, but there are others available.

I'm on level 24 and I already can play the raids. It says "VERY HARD" but after seeing streamings, I think even on level 26 the raids are "very hard".

If you need to level up FAST, I reccomend these guides:

The Best Destiny Loot

Best Legendary Engram Farming Guide

Do you need friends to play the raids (you need a 6 members team of friends)?

Go here: Community Raid Thread

GO FUN AND ENJOY THE GAME!!!

maltrain

I need to get to 26 STAT so I can join in on this. Guess I'll be farming this evening.

I was on level 21 yesterday at night... thanks to the guide, I'm on level 24 right now.

You can use that spot (it's on "patrol" by the way) for leveling up too some new weapons or armor... or those pieces you don't use often. Or even a sub class.

I hope people are bringing plenty of ammo resupply items with them on these Raids. Thought about that earlier. Would suck to get to a boss and find yourself out of special or heavy ammo.

They've been stuck on the same boss for hours. Raids seem almost impossible.

Probably because they still have no idea what to do and lack co-ordination. A lot of their deaths seem to happen because people are running around and acting dumb or due to lack of situational awareness.

Yeah, I wonder if there's a trick to defeating the guy. I noticed they were doing some damage to it but when I looked at the health bar again after a while I think I saw it full again, not sure.

I think they just keep dying.

Probably because they still have no idea what to do.

No, if you watch the stream, it seems like they know what to do, but it's just very difficult to time correctly.

Ah, ok you edited. Yeah, agree with that. They've gotta get better. By this point, fatigue has probably set in.

Kosma

Banned
Having an opinion is now trolling?

Anyhoo the streamer guys have been stuck for hours, they kind of suck.

This also proves that they arent better then us, just have more time.

If me and my buddies could do this we would have cleared it, alas my buddy that has is only level 7 and im 20 and we wont ever get to. Buy skill and communication wise we could esp if you look at the guys playing now.

I think everyone has to be level 28ish. The adds are too powerful for anyone at a lower level. The supplicants are the real issue.

Level really doesnt matter anyway. Its about your stats, what weapons you are using, what skill combinations you are using, etc.

You wouldnt believe how much help it was for my team to have a Titan with the stun grenades instead of any other style grenade during a high level Strike. Simple things like that can net you multiple kills while the enemy is staggered. Or using weapons with high impact to knock the enemy back instead of just popping them with tons of rounds that do nothing to them and they still return fire. Or coordinating your attack to concentrate fire on a particular troublesome enemy.

Good combination would be a Stun Grenade from a Titan + Bladedancer's Arc Blade strike while they are all stunned. Bam bam bam, cut through them while they are out of it. Build suits around getting grenades as fast as possible for the Titans so they get those grenades every 8-10 seconds instead of 30.

Strategy. Coordination.

Level really doesnt matter anyway. Its about your stats, what weapons you are using, what skill combinations you are using, etc.

You wouldnt believe how much help it was for my team to have a Titan with the stun grenades instead of any other style grenade during a high level Strike. Simple things like that can net you multiple kills while the enemy is staggered. Or using weapons with high impact to knock the enemy back instead of just popping them with tons of rounds that do nothing to them and they still return fire. Or coordinating your attack to concentrate fire on a particular troublesome enemy.

Good combination would be a Stun Grenade from a Titan + Bladedancer's Arc Blade strike while they are all stunned. Bam bam bam, cut through them while they are out of it. Build suits around getting grenades as fast as possible for the Titans so they get those grenades every 8-10 seconds instead of 30.

Strategy. Coordination.

I believe level matters a lot on the adds. If you are lower levels your base damage is really nerfed. Some people are saying that your base damage may be down by 40% then the weapons make an impact. The different raiders are dropping and working on leveling up.

maltrain

Strategy. Coordination.

Stun grenades? I'm a Titan, but I use those ones that explodes many times. Are stun ones more useful on raids?

Other question for titans... could be better go with "defender" class?

Oh wait, its health resets when they die? Ohhhh boy. Ohhhohohohoh. Oh man.

Does the raid auto-level with the players? Would it be way easier if the guys were level 30 or something?

Yeah but the point of raids is having a good strategy and executing it. You have to know what to do and you have to do it well. Ignorance and lack of knowledge means death.

The same as in MMOs. You need a gruop of people (6 in this case) to tackle the hardest content the game has to offer for best loot.

Sorry I have never played MMOs before so pardon my ignorance. So these are like missions with some end boss? Do these new Raids exist for the rest of the life of Destiny or they go away after some time?

PhatSaqs

Banned
Stun grenades? I'm a Titan, but I use those ones that explodes many times. Are stun ones more useful on raids?

I usually roll with Lightning but I can see how the Blinder would work wonders. Also, why does the Defender 'nades suck for the most part (IMO). The double explode one is good but the other two are not.

The stun grenades stop the enemy from attacking for a good 2-3 seconds or so. Which is a ton of time in this kind of battle. Gives you a moment to coordinate an attack or move out from cover to blast with a rocket or some shit.

As it says in the OP, you have to coordinate your attacks and have builds that compliment one another. Those multi-homing grenades do squat really. Not even much damage. The stun grenades have an ultimate purpose which is to stun the enemy and get them to stop attacking. Gather items that give you grenades more often and speeds the cooldown, gather 2 Titans with those grenades and boom, you are locking the enemy up every 5 seconds or so.

And yeh a defender titan would be a good thing to have lol. Those defense bubbles last forever at high level.

maltrain

Can someone please explain what Raids mean in the Destiny world?

Mmm... let's see. Every often, Bungie will open this "extra missions" for people who already have high levels. It's one part of the game (you have a lot more things to do), but the hardest one.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't the other Vault of Glass thread serve the same purpose basically?

Either way, I want to get a group going at 7:30 PM Pacific tonight on XB1! PM if interested.

maltrain

Doesn't the other Vault of Glass thread serve the same purpose basically?

Either way, I want to get a group going at 7:30 PM Pacific tonight on XB1! PM if interested.

Should be, but it doesn't. The "OT" on the thread title seems to calm down some people on Gaf... or I hope that.

:)

Starviper

There are definitely very important class abilities that need to be used for raids to be successful. For example, I can tell the Hunter's ability that allows them to 'warp jump' will be extremely handy for aggro. allowing the others to take their shots.

That, and a lot of the enemies are only affected by certain types of damage. There's 3 main damage types beyond kinetic and depending on the type of shield used, certain weapons/damage will be more effective. To add onto that, it seems some streamers have found certain weapons that do more specific damage to enemies that are found within the raid. Is that correct?

There's also certain trigger events that can happen during the fights from what I understand. One example I heard is that a boss can teleport some of the group to another dimension, where they have to defend, while the original group has to hit specific targets to bring their allies back into the fight. A screwup on either side could cause a wipe.

Just summarizing a few things i've picked up on, for those who are just doing shitty drive-by posts. Hoping some will read this and see there's a bit more to it than just taking pot-shots and moving behind cover over and over.

Hoping we can keep this thread free of people that just want to complain. I've been enjoying the game quite a bit, and while there are definitely things that could be improved on I am super sick of people saying the game is a steaming POS because raids are locked only for people at high levels, and others complaining of no content after playing for 40+ hours.

I usually roll with Lightning but I can see how the Blinder would work wonders. Also, why does the Defender 'nades suck for the most part (IMO). The double explode one is good but the other two are not.

Spike grenade seems like it would work really well here since it shoots out Void light and it looks like most of the enemies are weak to void.

There are definitely very important class abilities that need to be used for raids to be successful. For example, I can tell the Hunter's ability that allows them to 'warp jump' will be extremely handy for aggro. allowing the others to take their shots.

That, and a lot of the enemies are only affected by certain types of damage. There's 3 main damage types beyond kinetic and depending on the type of shield used, certain weapons/damage will be more effective. To add onto that, it seems some streamers have found certain weapons that do more specific damage to enemies that are found within the raid. Is that correct?

There's also certain trigger events that can happen during the fights from what I understand. One example I heard is that a boss can teleport some of the group to another dimension, where they have to defend, while the original group has to hit specific targets to bring their allies back into the fight. A screwup on either side could cause a wipe.

Just summarizing a few things i've picked up on, for those who are just doing shitty drive-by posts. Hoping some will read this and see there's a bit more to it than just taking pot-shots and moving behind cover over and over.

Hoping we can keep this thread free of people that just want to complain. I've been enjoying the game quite a bit, and while there are definitely things that could be improved on I am super sick of people saying the game is a steaming POS because raids are locked only for people at high levels, and others complaining of no content after playing for 40+ hours.

Holy shit these raids sound like so much fun.

I got a ways to go before getting to 26 or feeling good about my skill tree to take it on, but when I start its going to be a hell of a time. Sounds like fun and an actual challenge.

maltrain

REALLY good post. I don't want to see many on Twitch for not spoiling the fun... and this could be very helpful.

So, it seems very important to have all type of element weapons... cool.

uberluigi

Banned

Damn that sounds fun, I'll be on later after work, is there a group I can join later for Xbox One?

If you pay attention there are multiple messages on the left side informing about special events.

"Atheon opens the timestream"
"Atheon sends forth supplicants"
"You succumb to the oracles"
"Guardians make their own fate"

Along with debuffs like "Marked by the Void" and buffs "Time's Vengeance"

Presumably the shield removes the void debuff which blinds the players, times vengeance is a huge buff to damage which you need to kill the boss. I am still not sure what the oracles are about, presumably you get the buff if you kill enough of them.

sjay1994

I'd love to join.....

IF ALL THE PURPLE ENGRAMS I GET WOULD STOP GIVING ME BLUES!

Stuck at level 23 till further notice.

I have no legendaries, but two exotic weapons... of weapons I never use.

maltrain

I'd love to join.....

IF ALL THE PURPLE ENGRAMS I GET WOULD STOP GIVING ME BLUES!

Stuck at level 23 till further notice.

I have no legendaries, but two exotic weapons... of weapons I never use.

I know how you feel, bro... I don't have any legendary thing until now... :(

I think I'll definitely wait for the raid to be "solved" and mapped before I head in there, if I get in there at all. As it stands, I do not have near the time nor the stamina (not that I'm even light level 26 yet) to take on this commitment.

I've got the StreamerHouse feed in the background and they've been stuck for hours. Can't do it. But applaud those who can and those who, at some point, succeed.

Top Bottom