• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II (JP/CN/KR) |OT| The Empire's New Groove

3Eqnsjh.jpg

SUMMARY:
Prince Olivert and the Courageous are MIA. The students of Class VII are scattered across the country. Rean is gone.

Civil war has erupted in the Erebonian Empire. The four great noble families have finally launched their plan to take down Prime Minister Osborne and gain control of the nation. To do so, they've enlisted the help of the mysterious group Ouroboros, the mercenaries Nishi no Kaze, and the Imperial Liberation Front. With the capital having fallen to their might, seemingly nothing stands in the way of complete control of Erebonia.

Following his defeat at the hands of Crowe, Rean awakens in the mountains, with only Selene to keep him company. What exactly does fate have in store for him and his friends? Will they be able to put a stop to this vicious civil war? Will Olivier finally hook up with Schera (No clue if she's in the game or not, but pretty please)? Find out the answers to none of this or some of this and more, in Sen no Kiseki II.

BASIC INFO:
Developer: Nihon Falcom
Platform: Playstation 3/Vita (Cross Saves supported)
Release Date: September 25, 2014 Japan, China, Korea. YAY SIMULTANEOUS RELEASES

PLAY AS THESE PEOPLE:
qElvUPL.jpg

EpR6vGO.jpg

mf2PNYR.jpg

ijyALj6.jpg

xQKTzrK.jpg

0B5jWRB.jpg

l2kY3tM.jpg

jbjAOZw.jpg

1KomHcB.jpg

FUI7VoM.jpg

ALSO PLAY AS SOME OF THESE PEOPLE:
bKZVydu.jpg

THEIR FATEFUL BATTLE OVER TRUE BEAUTY CONTINUES AT LAST:
agQMEj8.jpg

TYPQqQc.jpg

VIDEOS:
Sen no Kiseki II full trailer
Sen no Kiseki II opening movie (Chinese version)

GENERAL RULES OF SPOILERS ETC

If you don't read this, you'll make Ryouga cry. Please don't make him cry as it's pretty embarrassing.

As many of us are more than aware, much of the fun of the Kiseki series is following along from game 1 all the way to the most recent title. Seeing how things connect, characters develop etc; it's one big universe which is pretty damn rare in this day and age of gaming.

THAT BEING SAID. It is not necessarily the case that everybody is going to play that way.

As such, if you're going to describe things that that occur in previous games in the series (FC, SC, 3rd, Zero, Ao), please spoiler them. Random spoiler bars aren't very helpful by themselves, so please try to caption them with the game in question. It's getting harder and harder to discuss these games without talking about things that happened in earlier releases, hence why it's become exceedingly important that everybody plays by these rules.

I repeat, please caption spoilers with the games you're spoiling. Please be kind. It's not hard. <3

Anybody interested in this series but can only speak English? Go play Trails in the Sky for the PSP and the PC. It's the first game in the series, it's super good, and it's inexpensive. You won't regret it.

For everybody else: I hope you're hyped. It has been a long year, but we're finally going to get to see what happens to poor Erebonia and the people who live in it.

MY PLEA TO YOU ALL
Look, I completely understand that the wait for SC has been unbearable. I get it. I know that you see this, game 7, and wonder if it'll ever get localized. I know you want to talk about it and vent how sad you are over not getting to play this rad looking game.

Please, for the love of the Goddess, don't post about it here. I don't want this thread to be buried under tons of posts talking about the chances of XSEED localizing the game. I want this to be a place to discuss Sen II, post theories and impressions, and just have a good time. I know I can't make this a rule or anything, but I would personally be very grateful if you at least consider this. Thank you! <3

I'm going to spoil myself on everything Olivier related because I'm a shallow human being like that.

Come at me, Ai no Karyu!

desmax

Does anyone knows what the famitsu review of the game said? The score seemed fairly low for the franchise standards...

Not that famitsu is trustworthy, I'm just curious

Rpgmonkey

I'm really tempted to just go ahead and buy this because I enjoyed Sen a lot and don't have any other console RPGs in the pipeline until Zestiria, but I haven't played Zero and Ao yet and don't want to jump even further ahead in the chronological/release timeline than I already did. It's my fault, I know. :(

It seems Zero already has a PC release in Japanese and I guess Ao will get one at some point, maybe I'll try to get those unless they're really bad ports...

NesFe

Nice OT. Got my copy ordered alongside Dangan another episode. They should arrive in a couple of days. I can't wait to dive in after that ending.

Does anyone knows what the famitsu review of the game said? The score seemed fairly low for the franchise standards...

Not that famitsu is trustworthy, I'm just curious

The normal stuff they say about Kiseki. Hard to follow if you haven't played previous games, not enough voice, new systems hard to understand or something, not enough gimmicks in dungeons/areas.

wait, schera is in this game?

Not that they've revealed. But goddammit I'm gonna keep hoping.

kpjolee

On middle of Sen no Kiseki chapter 6. By the time I finish with the first one, I will be able to start on 2 right away. Good times.

Aeana

Thanks for making the thread, Ryouga.

I'm obviously looking forward to playing the game, but I'm also looking forward for our Korean- and Chinese-speaking brethren joining us simultaneously for the first time (I hope there's many of you!).

Thanks for making the thread, Ryouga.

I'm obviously looking forward to playing the game, but I'm also looking forward for our Korean- and Chinese-speaking brethren joining us simultaneously for the first time (I hope there's many of you!).

No problem.

And me too! I'm also pretty jazzed that JonnyRam will be finishing Sen tonight, just in time for II.

Aeana

Play-Asia charged me really early this time. All the way back on Saturday. I expect it on Friday morning, as is the usual when I get FedEx shipping from P-A on release weeks.

expel

Finally caught up with thr series early this month, so this will be my first launch day kiseki game! Hurray!

Feels like there are gonna be a bunch of people who have caught up in time for Sen II. It's really cool having so many folks going in simultaneously.

Also for those of you who use Line, Kiseki and Ys stickers are officially available for purchase.

ByRvSRtCEAI2Pho.jpg:large

I'm not watching trailers. Tomorrow. The same week as Zero. I am not ready for this in my life.

Hopefully they keep the creepy to a minimum this time.

vladisaac

First time posting on GAF. I'll be more than happy to be part of this craziness.

Thanks for making the OT! I just saw this sitting on the shelf early at my local furage shop (along with Danganronpa), and it was so hard to pass up. Reservation bonuses and the fact that I will have no time to play tonight anyway held me back. So hype for tomorrow though.

Thanks for making the OT! I just saw this sitting on the shelf early at my local furage shop (along with Danganronpa), and it was so hard to pass up. Reservation bonuses and the fact that I will have no time to play tonight anyway held me back. So hype for tomorrow though.

I hate you so much.

I hate you less because you didn't pick it up, but I still hate you nonetheless.

ranmafan

1sqQkgb.jpg

Well mine just arrived thanks again to the Falcom Store. Sorry for the terrible picture. Love how Falcom ship them early. However I have no idea when ill ever get to play it as I am still very far behind in my kiseki marathon. I had hoped to be done with it in time for today. Oh well at least it will be waiting for me when Im done.

1sqQkgb.jpg

Well mine just arrived thanks again to the Falcom Store. Sorry for the terrible picture. Love how Falcom ship them early. However I have no idea when ill ever get to play it as I am still very far behind in my kiseki marathon. I had hoped to be done with it in time for today. Oh well at least it will be waiting for me when Im done.

Spewing hatred your way right nooooowwwww. Why do I have to wait until tomorrow morning. =((((

ranmafan

Spewing hatred your way right nooooowwwww. Why do I have to wait until tomorrow morning. =((((

Wish you had your copy now too. I gotta recommend the falcom store for people in Japan, everytime I've used them they got me the game a day early. Great service!

Varion

Reporting in! (and probably not dropping by much until I clear it)

Yep, this'll be me too. Just got to survive today, then it'll be up first thing tomorrow to download it off PSN and flee the internet to avoid spoilers. Then I'll be back when it's done to cry about how awful the ending was and how the wait for the next game is going to be hell. Just like last time.

Yep, this'll be me too. Just got to survive today, then it'll be up first thing tomorrow to download it off PSN and flee the internet to avoid spoilers. Then I'll be back when it's done to cry about how awful the ending was and how the wait for the next game is going to be hell. Just like last time.

This is our curse. The curse that we must shoulder for all the others.

Incredi-jelly right now. I'll just be over here waiting for Trails SC from XSeed. Not even sure why I visit these threads, since I just scroll past all the images and game info because I don't want to spoil myself on the off-chance that I get to play this in English sometime in the next 15 years.

Not sure when my copy will get to Seattle, but I'll be taking part along with everyone else this time, instead of playing it nearly a year later like Sen I.

Bring on the Cybuster.

edit: No more school scheduled structure, right?

Shouta

I don't think the school stuff will be in this game as the stage is different now. It'll be much more traditional Trails game. The school stuff was really to setup this second game and all the events so there's no reason to be bound by it for this.

I don't think the school stuff will be in this game as the stage is different now. It'll be much more traditional Trails game. The school stuff was really to setup this second game and all the events so there's no reason to be bound by it for this.

That's what I assumed, but I've assumed wrong in the past.

Please no more walk around town and then go fight in the basement again.

redhairedking

I love the OT title! One of these days I'll get caught up with Kiseki, hopefully sooner rather than later.

edit: I love the art on the special edition box but hate the regular cover with a passion.

Top Bottom