• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony getting erect over money words 'Avengers', 'Universe'; regarding ROBIN HOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sony-talks-buy-high-priced-737944?facebook_20141006

In one heck of an eye-popping move, Sony is in the midst of making a seven-figure deal to buy a pitch centering on Robin Hood.

Cory Goodman and Jeremy Lott are behind the pitch, which is titled Hood.
The figure for the deal, according to sources, is $1 million against $2 million, while producer deals are still being negotiated.

One reason for the high price is that the pitch involves the magic words “universe” and “Avengers.” The plan is to make a series of movies focusing on the outlaw archer and his band of Merry Men: Little John, Friar Tuck and Will Scarlett. One could say they were the superhero team of England’s Middle Ages.

The tone of the story has been described as Mission: Impossible and the recent Fast & Furious movies.

You can't make this shit up. THE TONE OF THE STORY HAS BEEN DESCRIBED AS MONEY MAKING FRANCHISE.

JdFoX187

Banned
From the writer of Priest, pitched as a mix between two series of movies with schizophrenic tones even within their own franchises.

EDIT: Can someone just adapt that Nottingham pitch that sounded so promising before Ridley Scott fucked it up?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Sony right now:

daffy-duck-robin-hood-o.gif

"hood", "avengers", "cinematic universe","mission impossible"

...why? this connected fad better die before the next decade.

Post credits scene:

Mysterious Figure 1: Looks like Robin Hood got away again
Mysterious Figure 2: Yes, yes, looks like the rich lose and the poor win again
Mysterious Figure 1: But we're going to make sure that doesn't happen again. Isn't that right, SHERIFF OF NOTTINGHAM??!?!?!?!

Does this mean the Spider-man Cinematic Universe is dead or is Sony just throwing crossover franchises at the wall to see what sticks? Someone check on Drew Goddard please.

Branduil

Post credits scene:

Mysterious Figure 1: Looks like Robin Hood got away with one of our infinity stones again
Mysterious Figure 2: Yes, yes, looks like the rich lose and the poor win again
Mysterious Figure 1: But we're going to make sure that doesn't happen again. Isn't that right, THANOS??!?!?!?!

Fixed.

Cardon

Wasn't Will Smith rumored to be courted for a Robin Hood movie at some point or was that a tale from someone's ass?

I'm up for a good period Robin Hood romp, but considering this is the film division of Sony I'm not expecting much.

JdFoX187

Banned
This is even more absurd than Paramount trying to set up a Jack Ryan universe at one point before Jack Ryan shit the bed. There was talk of giving Kevin Costner's character his own film and splintering off. Then Chris Pine proved he's not a leading man and 3 Days to Kill showed Costner is no Liam Neeson.

Nothing annoys me as much as the minimalist, one name only title. Pan, Hood, others blocked from my mind using pure willpower.

these announcements are always so premature.

i bet it's likely that the new king arthur and robin hood movies will flop. so their cinematic universes will never really take off anyways.

Toa TAK

Banned
these announcements are always so premature.

i bet it's likely that the new king arthur and robin hood movies will flop. so their cinematic universes will never really take off anyways.

I'm still holding out for Dracula to make money.

I do want to see that Monster Universe come to life.

Dryk

You could replace managers with robots this point and they'd probably have more effective pattern recognition

Do you guys remember Riley Scott's Robin Hood?

Yeesh.

The original screenplay for that movie was actually amazing. It was barely about Robin Hood and was actually a medieval detective story that was historically accurate (in the way they gathered and used evidence at least). It was called just Nottingham and sounded amazing.

JdFoX187

Banned
It's the first step into it.

Hmm...I was protesting it because of its PG-13 rating, but I might have to go now, because I love some old-school Universal Studios monsters.

Too bad battleship flopped we could have been graced with the honor of seeing the hasbro cinematic universe.

Why haven't the geniuses at Paramount set up a G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover yet? That'd print money.

Sami+

I feel like there's just enough copycats for Marvel to officially be the film equivalent of CoD in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom