• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan lines up for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and New 3DS!

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Early 2015 (US/EU)
New Nintendo 3DS: 2015 (US/EU) (Australia: Nov 21, 2014)

MH4U Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073439201279/14866558073439201288 (it supports screenshots!)

Most pics were taken at 6-7am in Japan!

Uploaded Shibuya's line:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaBSEygdV-4

0E561AAC-E521-433B-947A-FB001C16263D_zpsyocfgnel.jpg

6B41D76D-27AB-4EC0-8EF4-29342DB7127B_zps1xo958ph.jpg

6:30 a.m. Ikebukuro Bic Camera. It begins:

28A548E3-63BA-473E-876D-70F5BB1D4C96_zpswl7ct8jo.jpg

C8AE6B5F-1056-46E4-BC71-C38578DB417D_zpstrgz1w1n.jpg

Zenaku

It supports Miiverse screens? Is that on normal 3DS/LL or only New 3DS? Cause vanilla 4 reboots the system and disables the browser/miiverse just like Smash.

I'm only around 50% done on downloading the game. =[

Doesn't look like there'l be any need for the Forza crowd to show up there...

Monster Hunter really is just a force of nature over there.Everytime i see those big sales numbers I always get the urge to give them a try.

Dude bought the ultra expensive Nintendo SD Card, lol.

It supports Miiverse screens? Is that on normal 3DS/LL or only New 3DS? Cause vanilla 4 reboots the system and disables the browser/miiverse just like Smash.

I'm only around 50% done on downloading the game. =[
Most likely New 3DS only, much like Smash Bros.

So does anyone know if the New 3DS XL fits with that Cyber Grip? I am most definitely getting a New 3DS XL when it's released, but I've gotten spoiled by the Cyber Grip of the Gods.

51uF3Si9wcL._SX342_.jpg

Do not exactly want to get the new 3DS XL until this is confirmed or there's a New 3DS XL version of the Cyber Grip released.

Uh, have you played them?

I like God Eater and Toukiden (Soul Sacrifice blows and I haven't played Freedom Wars), but they are 100% Monster Hunter clones.

Umm... Yeah? Or else I wouldn't be making that claim. They have the same elements, like gathering materials etc. But they play way differently. What you're saying is like saying every military shooter is a CoD clone when they aren't. These MH clone comments are annoying.

zeromcd73

Has Japan ever lined up for any non-3DS games? Seems like 3DS games is the only thing there breaking a million.
Lately? No.

Pokemon Black2/White2 released in 2012 on DS is the only non-3DS game released since the start of 2011 to sell over a million. 2010 had two million sellers on Wii, several on DS, and MH on PSP.

Wii U has Super Mario Bros U but it reached a million over a long period of time and through bundles, thus no lines of course.

hongcha

Umm... Yeah? Or else I wouldn't be making that claim. They have the same elements, like gathering materials etc. But they play way differently. What you're saying is like saying every military shooter is a CoD clone when they aren't. These MH clone comments are annoying.

When a game comes out that defines a new genre (whether or not it is actually the first in the genre is not very important, it definitely has to be the most popular one to date, though), the other games in that genre that immediately follow it are often derisively termed "clones". I remember the same thing in the early 90s with Street Fighter 2 and the large number of fighting games that followed. After awhile, as the number of games in the genre increases and sufficient time passes after the definer's release, the "clone" talk dies down. It's all very silly, of course.

AdanVC

Streetpasses, streetpasses everywhere! Just great. Looking forward to read some impressions from the game and the new 3ds!

ramyeon

Pictures in this thread made me go and preorder the white New 3DS. If only we were getting MH4G at the same time here in Australia :(

Top Bottom