• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have DriveClub DLC downloaded? Check your licenses

I've been reported that DC's DLC might mess up with your PSN licenses.

If you have downloaded DLC, try to restore your licenses on your PS4 and check wether you can or not.

Edit. This seems to affect every license you have on your PS4.

Edit 2. So far, people are having troubles with their Game Library (still trying to clear if this is related to DriveClub) but not with Licenses.

Edit 3. Is still unclear if this has something to do with DC's pre-order DLC, but there are people reporting issues:

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=135471634

Jaxx

Banned
I've been reported that DC's DLC might mess up with your PSN licenses.

If you have downloaded DLC, try to restore your licenses on your PS4 and check wether you can or not.

Problem I'm having is that when I attempt to view my games in the Library section, it starts to show the game and then immediately exits out to the main UI. Restoring licenses doesn't fix it, nor does refreshing the library in safe mode. Not sure what's causing it, but it started after I bought and installed Driveclub.

Problem I'm having is that when I attempt to view my games in the Library section, it starts to show the game and then immediately exits out to the main UI. Restoring licenses doesn't fix it, nor does refreshing the library in safe mode. Not sure what's causing it, but it started after I bought and installed Driveclub.

AFAIK, it only happens if you downloaded the pre-order DLC.

I'm trying to confirm if this is random or happens to everyone who downloaded it.

cackhyena

I had downloaded the extra car thing. When I try to go to it in my library, it just kicks me out to the main PS4 menu. This thing couldn't be the reason Garden Warfare isn't working, could it?

I had downloaded the extra car thing. When I try to go to it in my library, it just kicks me out to the main PS4 menu. This thing couldn't be the reason Garden Warfare isn't working, could it?

As I said, is still unclear, but there's something fucked up with DC.

I preordered the game but I have no idea where to find these liveries. I am pretty sure I checked my library and they weren't there.

Gestault

This is unbelievable. Now just to be clear, is this something that's been reported with some frequency in the wild, or is this something the OP is experiencing and is presuming that the Driveclub DLC is the cause?

Noobcraft

Is there a source for this? I mean Driveclub has already had a rough launch (I traded mine in already because of it), but this seems kind of unbelievable if true.

Ricky_R

So, Driveclub is actually Skynet?

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

slash3584

This is a giant piece of shit.

The PS4 has been like playing a game of Jenga lately, do anything and the shit crumbles.

JP

I downloaded the pre-order DLC but I have no issues playing any games, re-downloading stuff from my library and I've bought more stuff today without any issues.

DrTrouserPlank

Neo Member
I preordered and downloaded the game, but had that error when downloading the pre-order DLC and have not yet used the voucher to download it.

If I restore licenses it does it, but then kicks me out with an error at 38/42 progress.

This is a giant piece of shit.

PSN has been like playing a game of Jenga lately, do anything and the shit crumbles.

This. I held off on Driveclub because of all the issues, and this license issue is horrifying, but PSN as a whole isn't doing much to satisfy me lately as a whole.

Source's on twitter (it's in Spanish).

I just want to check if this is true, random of false.

So far, some people seem to have problems with their licenses or accessing Game Library while others don't.

JP

OH MY GOD I'VE LOST EVERYTHING!!!

Not really, everything still works as it should although I did get sent and extra £10 by Sony on top of the £10 I received for adding £50 to my account via PayPal. So yeah, I got an extra free £10 yesterday, damn you DriveClub and your giving me free money license issue thingy!! DAMN YOU!!!

Jaxx

Banned
I called Sony support and told them about Library kicking me out every time I select a game and their response was to format the drive and start over. Despite the fact that I told them if I log into someone else's PS4 with my account it behaves the same way. So it really looks like support isn't going to offer any relief.

I called Sony support and told them about Library kicking me out every time I select a game and their response was to format the drive and start over. Despite the fact that I told them if I log into someone else's PS4 with my account it behaves the same way. So it really looks like support isn't going to offer any relief.

Just to know, did you download the game with a main account or a secondary one?

Gestault

Woof. For you does the timing of the Driveclub DLC seem to be the initiating event?

Downloaded DriveClub. No preorder or DLC.

Last week I made a hard drive swap. On the new HD I went to download from my library and some things would fully appear and others would kick me out to PS4 menu. I restored licenses with no issue (again, no DLC for driveclub on my account) and was successful but the behavior continued. Ended up using the download list from web store to download everything to the PS4 again.

TL:DR - No DC DLC, no error on licenses, but I get same behavior in my PS4 library of being kicked out.

Jaxx

Banned
Just to know, did you download the game with a main account or a secondary one?

Main account.

Woof. For you does the timing of the Driveclub DLC seem to be the initiating event?

The library issue started right after I downloaded/installed Driveclub, because right after I did that I attempted to go into Library to access the Mercedes download and it booted me out to the main UI. Been that way ever since. I even stuck my original HD back into the PS4 which has no games on it, accessed the library, and it kicked me to the main UI. Whatever happened affected my account, not my HD. That's something I found impossible to convey to Sony PS4 support, who seemed intent on wiping my 1TB drive.

edit: I should also note that I have no problem restoring licenses. My issue appears to just be one with the Library.

Occam

Oh that sucks. We are talking about the car you got as preorder DLC, right? Good thing I haven't tried to download it yet.

spwolf

As I said, is still unclear, but there's something fucked up with DC.

in general, getting a big scare due to twitter post is pretty silly. And Evolution does not create PSN licenses, they just submit their software.. so even if DC wiped out your PS4, it would not be their fault.

Top Bottom