• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pixel Paint Wii U Trailer (launches today in NOA) - GAFFER made

GulAtiCa

Yb01hGHENqxgTqtqI_ddEeyz9A5o5grt.jpg

Pixel Paint ($3.99), a pixel painting app (duh) comes out today in Wii U NA eShop. Since the game is made by a fellow GAFFER (Sir_Vival) and their trailer for the game is both cute and funny. I just had to share this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynaEW2Y9xp0

Nintendo.com information: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/GTdoJw1cped9Dm3pURQstcavCHXGA3KY

From my experience, people love to create drawling on the Wii U Miiverse community, this just might be the perfect addition for those that are creative. Curious to see what our more creative members here might create with it.

---

They've mentioned in the Nintendo DL thread that to export you use Miiverse, but a future patch will make it done via SD card too.

Will be coming to Europe in early 2015 according to the developer.

Sir_Vival

"I don't remember PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW being a part of the Star Wars movies."
Thanks for the thread! I'm thinking it'll be available in Europe in early (January?) 2015. Sorry about the delay to other regions, I just didn't have the funds to hire translators.

schlew

Have any Canadians seen Pixel Paint on the Wii U eShop? I can't find it, it's not under the new releases, and searches yield nothing.

I've also noticed that the eShop link in the community leads to an error page.

I think I might buy this even though I'm awful at pixel art. The price is good and the trailer was great.

I wonder if those were the developers in the commercial. The really sold the infomercial feel.

Meesh

The guy narrating the video sounds just like Seinfeld. All I kept thinking was,"it's a pixel art game, about nothing. What's up with that?" Seriously though, Gaffer made so I'm buying, love Art Academy so I'm down with this. I'll pick up my copy at the jerk store today!!

Thanks for the thread! I'm thinking it'll be available in Europe in early (January?) 2015. Sorry about the delay to other regions, I just didn't have the funds to hire translators.

Just curious; does Nintendo demand that it gets translated to FIGS and is it expensive/difficult to release it in English first and then patch in other languages?

The Boat

Great ad! Is this coming out in Europe? I'm not exactly an artist, but I'd love to try this.
EDIT: Already answered oops

botty

Banned
This seems like a bit of a disaster. The video didn't really show me anything enticing—and that's coming from someone who purchased The Letter. Hopefully the developer puts some interesting art up on Miiverse cause it's mostly just recreations so far.

Good job, Sir_Vival. Looks pretty good. As bad an artist as I am, I might give this a try.

CALS

Neo Member
This seems like a bit of a disaster. The video didn't really show me anything enticing—and that's coming from someone who purchased The Letter. Hopefully the developer puts some interesting art up on Miiverse cause it's mostly just recreations so far.

It is up to the creator. You can buy it, download and create something new and creative. How does the fact that others are doing recreations stop you?

Sir_Vival

Just curious; does Nintendo demand that it gets translated to FIGS and is it expensive/difficult to release it in English first and then patch in other languages?

You can't release in whatever country if there's a required translation for it. Not sure if I should go into it more than that, but there are some odd facets to it.

No extra cost to me (from Nintendo), no. They don't charge anything for lotcheck and all that, just one fee for the devkit.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Here are my two favorites from today:

zlCfzSmeg80-9mMyEC

zlCfzSmfCR8nz5EChk

I think we'll see more people both branch out in to their own stuff and larger canvas sizes/more detail as they learn. It's actually fairly relaxing copying something pixel by pixel; it kind of hits a sudoku type nerve.

jholmes

Have any Canadians seen Pixel Paint on the Wii U eShop? I can't find it, it's not under the new releases, and searches yield nothing.

I've also noticed that the eShop link in the community leads to an error page.

It's not on the Canadian eShop. That's a trend that's just started that I'm pretty damn sick of already.

GulAtiCa

It's not on the Canadian eShop. That's a trend that's just started that I'm pretty damn sick of already.

hmm. Sir_Vival did you not tell Nintendo to put it on the Canada eShop? All you have to do is get the eShop page translator to French (which can be done for free with any GAFFER who is willing to help out)

Sir_Vival

hmm. Sir_Vival did you not tell Nintendo to put it on the Canada eShop? All you have to do is get the eShop page translator to French (which can be done for free with any GAFFER who is willing to help out)

I had originally marked it to launch in Canada, but was told I couldn't without the app being translated. I'll double check on it though.

I'm not nearly creative enough to make good use of something like this, but I will definitely be checking in on its Miiverse community to see the works of people who are. This seems like a really cool app.

Top Bottom