• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause, 3 Screenshots, Impressions, and Game Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
just cause I feel like promoting some good games, here are some screenshots and a few details about 3 interesting games I played recently

Dark Souls 2

ZN530EA.jpg
Dark Souls II is the sequel to Dark Souls, and improves on just about every aspect of the original. You play as a young knight searching for his father, The King of the Sunken Castle. You collect weapons from enemies you've killed, and can restore your health using healing items. There are various NPCs throughout the game who help you on your journey and sell you items. It's heavily focused on combat, and the rock steady 15-30fps frame rate makes this game a dream to play on Playstation 3 consoles. I think the biggest improvement over the original Dark Souls is just how accessible Dark Souls II is for new players.

Freedom Wars

This game was excellent, and can be played on both Playstation Vita and Playstation TV devices. The cast was likeable and highly diverse, with an attractive female character to suit any man's taste. While I prefer more well developed females like Nina(pictured above), other people might be more interested in a younger female character they can protect and be a positive role model for, and fortunately there is a girl for those people too! The character creation is very detailed with a wide assortment of costumes and color palettes to choose from. The game is about prisoners trying to gain their freedom by fighting giant monsters and working together for the greater good. You can use a variety of weapons, including swords and guns. There is also a grappling hook mechanic, which adds a whole new level of gameplay and sets it apart from other monster hunting games. The game is pretty difficult, so play with your friends over the Playstation Network for the ultimate cooperative experience!

Silent Hill HD Collection

Game devs, THIS is how you do a remaster. Two classic horror games beautifully remastered in high definition for the Playstation 3. This wasn't just a simple upres or widescreen port, the developers painstakingly retouched and swapped around textures, removed much of the excessive fog effects that plagued the originals, and even rerecorded the voices for an all new experience. For people who never played the originals, both games are about a town called Silent Hill where truly creepy monsters and humans reside. You make your way through the haunted town to learn its darkest secrets. The original versions chilled me to the bone, and reliving those experiences in gorgeous HD was a real treat. Halloween may be over, but this HD collection is great any time of year!

so those are 3 really great games I played recently, what games have you recently played that you really enjoyed? Share them here

Dakota47

I came in this thread for Just Cause 3 screenshots, Impressions, and game details, and was thoroughly disappointed.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Don't make misleading titles please. Last guy got banned for it.

Also didn't Silent Hill HD Collection have a lot of technical issues or did they fix that?

Floridian

Clever title, but I recently played Mario kart 8 not too long ago, and enjoyed it more than the wii game. Waiting for the dlc tomorrow.

I've seen this happen twice and I still fell for it. Though I think the time it happened with MGS, the OP got banned so good luck OP :)

meptrep

I've seen this happen twice and I still fell for it. Though I think the time it happened with MGS, the OP got banned so good luck OP :)

That would be kind of strange if he got banned for this, but yeah, not unexpected. It's a dumb joke, but I thought it was kinda funny.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I think the most offensive thing here is you promoting the Silent Hill HD Collection OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom