• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk Nintendo: THAT feeling..

jorgejjvr

Listening to this while writing this, maybe you should listen to it as you read :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJDpj-HRQu4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know the feeling

The feeling of playing your first video game ever and being mesmerized. Being drawn into a new world, and experiencing something you could not normally experience

My first video game ever was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time, quite the first game for a 9 year old. I was living in Cuba, my grandfather on one of his visit had bought us (me and my brother) and N64, and the first game we all ever got to play was Mario 64 and Ocarina of time. My brother was too young, so the task at had was for me....and my dad. He knew some English, and he was my translator. Telling what the NCP were saying, what the signs said etc. It was a journey, at one point we got stuck for days, so we went with our bicycles to a friend's house who also had the game and had beat it already, he gave us a hint, and we went back to the game to try to solve it. It was a great feeling, something I had never experienced before.

That's the feeling I'm talking about. It's something I thought I would never experience again. I love many games, I love all of the Zelda series, Mario, Metroid, I've played some fantastic games that I hold dear to my heart. But I had always asked myself if I would ever experience that same feeling of wonder ever again. Was it even possible? Or is that something you only experience once in a lifetime? I wasn't sure.

But then I played Xenoblade Chronicles.

I had no clue what this game was about. I only owned a Wii console, and by that time I had already beaten Skyward Sword, and there wasn't much to play. Thank God for Operation Rainfall. Watching trailers, I saw nothing special with Xenoblade, but I saw all of the good reviews, all of the praise, and I told myself, I have to try this out. The game took me completely by surprise. Right at the beginning I thought I was right, I told myself 'huh, I don't see it'. But I gave the game its well deserved chance, and sure enough, I was soon hooked. It was at about the 5 hour mark that I knew I was playing a masterpiece. But the game only got better and better. I had not experienced a sense of wonder like that ever since my childhood memory of Ocarina of Time.

The game was intriguing. The best way I can describe it is like an amazing book. A book that you just want to keep reading, a page turner, you want to know what happens next, you want to keep experiencing this feeling, you want to know how it ends but at the same time you don't want it to end. Everything did it for me, the exploration, the big open world (no loading times!), the combat system, the incredible soundtrack. Jumping into Gaur Plains was just like jumping into Hyrule field for the first time back in the day. The game was simply beautiful, and it was a Wii game! The story, the story went beyond my expectations. I thought I knew it all but with every corner there were new plots and twists. It was mind blowing to me. The story alone can last over 70+ hours, but with all of it side quests it easily lasted over 100+. I was not used to a game to be that long, most are only quick 8 hour campaigns, and to be able to keep the player interested and invested in the game (I never got bored) through its entirety like that, it was just amazing.

On top of everything, this was the game that would become a gateway for me to try new series, after I learned that playing something different could turn into something you didn't know you loved. After the surprise of Xenoblade, I started trying new games, games that from far off didn't 'seem' my type. Games like Pikmin, Fire Emblem, The Last Story, Tropical Freeze, and most recently Bayonetta etc. I can now play, or at the very least try any game, if its not my thing I can said I tried it and it just didn't do it for me, but thanks to Xenoblade I'm not afraid to jump into a new genre I might not be familiar, I'm encouraged to try them, I'll try anything once.

And so, in short, Xenoblade to me brought that feeling once again. That feeling I thought I might never get again, and I'm glad I did. I hope to experience that feeling again, and I'm incredibly excited and have high hopes for its sequel to deliver - if its half of what Xenoblade was it will already be a masterpiece.

I am glad I was proven wrong, and felt that childlike, almost 'fall in love' with a game feeling again. I went into the unknown with Xenoblade, and came back with an experience I never thought could be repeated.

And for that, I am grateful

xenoblade3.jpeg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS

I would like to know if any of you have been through something similar. Have any of you been through the same, experience that feeling again? If so please share it, I would love to know! And if not, do you expect to have it one day? Do you have any idea how it could be? Do you maybe expect to have it with virtual reality in the near future? What is that game you hold dear to your heart? Etc

Please share with us!!

Edit: I wrote this in one go, it started as something small and then I could not stop writing. I will be going back and forth and editing it as I read it again and see things wrong with or find things to be fixed :)

Also, this is not strictly Nintendo, I've been writing under Let's Talk Nintendo for while now, and most of my experiences have been with them, but yours do not have to be!

Bayonetta 2

Replayed 1 and went straight into 2

Played both games nonstop the entire weekend.

By the time the weekend was over, the only thing I did outside of playing the game was eating and sleeping (2-4 hours at most)

Was the one weekend I had in a long time where I didn't have to do anything so it was the perfect time to play both games and remember what it was like to play a high intense action game that relied on your skills more than simply moving thru the story.

LBkXLNL.gif

Xenoblade Chronicles, Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy 6, 7, 9 10, Xenogears, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue 1, 2, Super Metroid and Secret of Mana both gave me the same feeling. Just great games that I was able to totally immerse myself into.

jorgejjvr

Bayonetta 2

Replayed 1 and went straight into 2

Played both games nonstop the entire weekend.

By the time the weekend was over, the only thing I did outside of playing the game was eating and sleeping (2-4 hours at most)

Was the one weekend I had in a long time where I didn't have to do anything so it was the perfect time to play both games and remember what it was like to play a high intense action game that relied on your skills more than simply moving thru the story.

LBkXLNL.gif

Xenoblade Chronicles, Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy 6, 7, 9 10, Xenogears, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue 1, 2, Super Metroid and Secret of Mana both gave me the same feeling. Just great games that I was able to totally immerse myself into.
Likewise, bayonetta 2 has stuck with me, such an amazing game! Most fun with a game I've had all year

Thanks for sharing jorge :)

I can relate with that feeling, and confirm that it's probably the reason I still play games so much -- to recapture that feeling I first experienced when I was young, that I assumed just wasn't possible as an adult.

For me, it was games like Yoshi's Island, Mega Man X, and Ocarina of Time (shocker, I too was a Nintendo kid growing up) -- games whose lore, characters, and mechanics spoke to me for whatever reason. Playing them became a completely immersive experience where I just wanted to learn as much as I could about the world, its history, and the characters themselves. It's like the spirit that animates geekdom, the thing that made you obsessively draw Mega Mans in the margins of your notebook as a kid, write shitty fan-fiction in your teens, and make games as an adult.

Later in life, I pretty much assumed that an adult mind couldn't be touched in that same way by a game, but thankfully I was wrong. I experienced it again when I played KOTOR for the first time, and again with Resi 4 and Journey. I felt a dark variant of that feeling while playing games like Silent Hill 2, Manhunt and Spec-Ops: the Line. Pikmin 3 most recently gave me that feeling as I finished off a no-death run.

As for what that feeling is, I think it arises when a game in its totality just speaks to you: the visuals, music, characters, and mechanics just resonate with you so completely that you just lose yourself in the game's world or it makes you think about the real world in ways you never considered before.

I think that feeling encapsulates the value of games as an artistic medium. It's why I think they still matter to me. And whether I know it or not, I probably play games because I'm always chasing that feeling, never knowing exactly when or where I'll find it again.

Edit: almost forgot to mention Mario 64 and Metroid Prime!

Deadman

The most recent time I had this feeling was with The Legend of Zelda: A link between worlds, which I completed about a week ago.

It is the first 2d zelda I have ever played, and my only previous experience with zelda was wind waker hd, which I didnt particularly like.

But ALBW captivated me like few other games ever have and quickly became one of my favourite games. I love basically everything about it; the music, the dungeons, the story of the world, the "painting mechanic", they all work together in such a great way that creates a world that just makes you fall in love with it.

I rarely go after all the collectibles in a game, but I loved exploring the world to find all 100 maiamais.

I think quite soon I will start playing some other 2d zeldas from the eshop, hopefully they are as good.

Santiako

I think quite soon I will start playing some other 2d zeldas from the eshop, hopefully they are as good.

Oh man, you are in for quite a treat. Link's Awakening, A Link to the Past and A Link Between Worlds are my top 3 Zeldas, fookin masterpieces.

Mario Kart 8 and Mario 3D World both gave me that strong feeling like Mario 3 and Super Mario Kart did years before. I'd also say Link Between Worlds. It was absolutely endearing and that last bit really tugged at my heart strings. Nintendo games leave this really deep stamp in my soul.

Nintendo was at it's best during the Super Nintendo days. It's unfortunately been downhill from there. Last time I got 'that' feeling was Super Mario 64.

hunnies28

The first time I remember having a moment like that was when me and my cousin where playing for the first time Super Mario RPG.

Having Eglish as a second language added a bit more challenge to password in the sunken ship. We actually had a dictionary out so we could search the meaning of many things. By the time we were done with that area my aunt was quite impressed with our task. She used to be the kind of person that tought video games were bad and only affected or grades.

Other notable moments for me are the first time I saw Super Mario 64 and playing Mario Galaxy.

I got "that" feeling when Brawl was being announced/teased up until release. Then I played it and that quickly faded.

Maybe I'm mistaking "that" for "hype".
Are we talking about nostalgia here?

Croc

Banned
Most recently was Kid Icarus: Uprising for me. Made me feel like I was 10 years old again the whole time I was playing it. That game is absolutely perfect.

Before that probably Metroid Prime.

Choomp

Banned
I never really had "that feeling". I feel like it's something I took for granted. The wonder I felt as a kid playing Mario 64, Zelda, or Animal Crossing is a feeling I miss. Sure, I still love to play video games, and enjoy the hell out of them still, but I feel like when I was younger and wasn't exposed to all the people pointing out negatives of a game, talking about bad things developers/publishers do, the sense of enjoyment I had in a game, especially as a kid, really was great.

KooopaKid

Banned
I'm experiencing it right now with Mario Kart 8 and its DLC. The attention to detail, the smooth gameplay, 60 fps, those F-Zero and Zelda tracks. Last year, Pikmin 3 did the same, and Nintendoland the year before. Nintendo still has it. In fact, they are better than their gamecube and Wii days.

Disgraced

I really don't understand how enjoying bayonetta 2 or xenoblade can be attributed to "nostalgia"
Because Bayo 2 is so last week, dude.

Just kidding. Super Mario 64 mesmerised me when I was younger. It was a fantastic feeling of large scope. The feeling was neutered by annoying cousins fighting over the game though.

shauntu

I play games for gameplay first, and experience second. When I started Xenoblade, I figured I'd play and enjoy learning its new systems, then continue playing until I get bored or hit a grinding roadblock, then move on.

Suffice it to say, I never got bored and I never ever had to grind. I also ended up going for as many sidequests as I could before I completed the game, completing about 450 or so of the quests if I remember right.

The whole time, I ended up staying away from spoilers online. When the big story point occurs
and the Hi Entia are mostly wiped out
, was such a huge moment for me. I ended up not playing for 2 weeks, and during that time I just thought about the implications of what had happened. What
the Emperor and his ancestors had tried to prevent

And then when I did continue playing, the game completely enveloped me with the characters reactions to everything that happened, and the world's reaction to it as well. All the new sidequests that opened up. The sadness that permeated them...
The girl sending us to retrieve a family picture to cheer up her brother -- only to encounter the Telethia that used to be their father guarding it out of instinct...
, the love triangle that we helped turn into a couple
suffering from the loss of one of the three, with you now helping the survivors (whether they are a couple or not based on your previous choices -- in my case they were) grieve for their lost friend...

Basically, not only was the gameplay amazing with an astounding amount of party combinations and strategies to play around with, but the experience is one I will not forget. Listening to the music as in your link, always brings it back.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I have lots of feeling like this but they aren't mutually tied to Nintendo. Would be a good thrwad to discuss that feeling many of those older platforms bring.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm playing through Xenoblade myself right now on Dolphin, about to head to Prison Island. Looks fantastic with the HD retexture pack. Really enjoying just exploring the world.

Neff

I typed up a big, wordy post attempting to define the Nintendo experience, and it didn't really do it justice.

So I'll just say that it's something to be savoured and cherished, if sadly not as relevant in our tired, cynical, commercial, rotten games industry these days.

Azuran

Banned
Operation 001-C in Wonderful 101 gave me this feeling. It was so exhilarating and reminded me why I love video games so much. And that was only the third mission in the game!

I know that feel, I'll always be a Nintendo fan.

Anyone saying it's Nostalgia has no idea, Nintendo keeps releasing amazing games and making me happy 23 years after playing on an NES for the first time.

There's too many games to mention, so I'll just say that Nintendo has always been and will always be an important part of my life.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Super Mario Galaxy was a magical experience. The beautiful level design made me glad that Mario still had it.
Especially the moment when you launch from an explosion in the Battlerock Galaxy (I think it's Battlerock).

Operation 001-C in Wonderful 101 gave me this feeling. It was so exhilarating and reminded me why I love video games so much. And that was only the third mission in the game!

This too. Wonderful 101 is a Saturday Morning Cartoon taken to 11 and put into a video game.

I had that same feeling when I was playing through Xenoblade for the first time. It felt like almost a nostalgic feeling, but that's impossible because I had never played the game before. It went on to become my favorite game of last gen. :) I do think Nintendo games will always make me feel that way, though.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
For me its GTA Vice City or SA. Vice City was the first version I really fully played.

I was late playing GTA, I played a top down version before and wasnt too impressed.

One of those rekindled something about gaming in me. After those I wanted more like it, after SA I wanted more open worlds.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Your experience is almost 1:1 with mine OP, cept for the detail of me being very interested in xenoblade for maybe years before, I remember seeing it in game informer like in 2010 or something, since then I followed development of the game, and when it finally came out in NA I was super excited and....it actually somehow exceeded my expectations, like I was hype as hell to play it, and thenwhen I finally played it....it was such a magical experience, like as you saidOP, a damn good book I couldnt put down and wanted to see whats next but not wanting it to end. It was a feeling I didnt have since I was a kid.

Assuming I know what you're talking about, I got "that" feeling when I first played Earthbound. The game itself is a unique experience for RPGs, taking place in a modern setting and having battles in a first person viewpoint (I hadn't played Dragon Quest yet), but it was the day I first played it that was unlike any other. There was a certain spring breeze going through the house when I started it up. There was the creepy music at night where there was something going on, but you couldn't quite tell what it was. Then the sun rose, and Onett opened up. It was a combination of the music and tone of the game that kept me playing in the beginning, but I also appreciated its quirkiness.

Pokemon was another. It was really the anime that got me into the franchise, but I also wanted to play the games. The reason was the individuality of teams. This was my team with the 6 Pokemon I chose, and people could see that if they battled me. They would see I chose an Alakazam, a Magneton, and so on, and I could see the Pokemon that they chose, and how it made them unique. Adding more Pokemon gives more options, which allows for even more individuality.

Grim Fandango. I'd played adventure games before, but nothing with a focus on Mexican culture, and I loved it. I still have a thing for Mexican themes, like in Guacamelee or the Sambe de Amigo tracks in Sonic & All-Stars Racing.

jorgejjvr

Your experience is almost 1:1 with mine OP, cept for the detail of me being very interested in xenoblade for maybe years before, I remember seeing it in game informer like in 2010 or something, since then I followed development of the game, and when it finally came out in NA I was super excited and....it actually somehow exceeded my expectations, like I was hype as hell to play it, and thenwhen I finally played it....it was such a magical experience, like as you saidOP, a damn good book I couldnt put down and wanted to see whats next but not wanting it to end. It was a feeling I didnt have since I was a kid.

The game was just simply magical, when it ended I just couldnt believe it

Aiustis

Other than a handful of Nintendo games, I was more of a sega kid. I never had that feeling when I was younger.

The first time I recall getting that feeling was when I got my 3ds in 2013 and got my very first streetpass just walking around.

Jawmuncher

I've never been a huge nintendo fan like a lot of people here. A big part of that was because I never grew up with them. I instead grew up with the PSX and a game called Metal Gear Solid. So with that said the day nintendo revealed Solid Snake would be in the next smash bros game was a pretty life changing event for me honestly. While Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and MGS:TTS had me dabble in the world of nintendo. Snakes inclusion in brawl was what pushed me in. Finally a character I had so much attachment to was added into a game I knew a lot of people played, but have never played myself. Simply put being able to play as Snake in Brawl opened up a lot of friendships and some of the best memories I still hold dear to this day. All of that was thanks to nintendo allowing it to happen in the first place. This might not be THAT feeling many are discussing in here. But it still stands as my greatest feeling for nintendo whenever I think about them.

381283super-smash-bros-brawl-20060601051043187.jpg

jorgejjvr

Again guys it doesn't have to be your personal experience with Nintendo, you could have had an amazing experience or childhood with other companies, thats fine and share it here, mine just happened to be Nintendo thats all

I can't just isolate one moment or one game, but Nintendo has given me THAT feeling quite consistently ever since I started gaming almost 25 years ago. Historically, they are the most important gaming company and decades later they still put out the best software out there.

Teriaaaaa!

Neo Member
I really never played Nintendo games as a Kid so all of mine are of more recent games.

1. Landing in Good Egg Galaxy for the first time in Mario Galaxy. Once the music comes in you know that you are in for an amazing game. It's one of the few times a game has just made me sit there to take everything that is happing in.

2. All of Kid Icarus Uprising really, but if I had to pick one moment I would go with the opening of "Lightning Battle". Flying through the air watching two gods beat the shit out of each other, with amazing music in the background and Hades commentary on in just makes it special.

3. Splatoon's announcement and second trailer. I am really looking forward to that game.

Neiteio

I've never been a huge nintendo fan like a lot of people here. A big part of that was because I never grew up with them. I instead grew up with the PSX and a game called Metal Gear Solid. So with that said the day nintendo revealed Solid Snake would be in the next smash bros game was a pretty life changing event for me honestly. While Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and MGS:TTS had me dabble in the world of nintendo. Snakes inclusion in brawl was what pushed me in. Finally a character I had so much attachment to was added into a game I knew a lot of people played, but have never played myself. Simply put being able to play as Snake in Brawl opened up a lot of friendships and some of the best memories I still hold dear to this day. All of that was thanks to nintendo allowing it to happen in the first place. This might not be THAT feeling many are discussing in here. But it still stands as my greatest feeling for nintendo whenever I think about them.

381283super-smash-bros-brawl-20060601051043187.jpg
Awesome story. :) So I take it that Snake in Brawl led you to play Smash, and playing Smash led you to perhaps try other Nintendo games?

Angry Guy

Every time I play a new Mario game it's like coming home.

Galaxy, Galaxy 2, 3D World, it never fails to put a big shit-eating grin on my face and make me feel like a kid again.

I played Ocarina of Time for the first time a few years ago on emulator for a bit and absolutely loved it, but just sort of lost track of it and never went back (I think I got through the Forest Temple). Got the 3DS version last December and beat it. Such a fantastic game that even now is undeniably a masterpiece. Looking forward to trying Majora's Mask 3D for the first time and complaining that it's changed the formula ;)

Bioshock Infinite was (and is) an incredible experience for me. It was my first Bioshock, borrowed my friend's PS3 to play stuff I missed and desperately needed to play it after seeing reviews (particularly Adam Sessler's). I loved the base game, went back and tried Bioshock 1 (also loved it but it's a very different game. A much better game probably, but Infinite is still special to me)

Splatoon is the most excited I've been for a game in a long time. 90's Nickelodeon the shooter. Sold me on a Wii U (along with my uncontrollable need for MK8).

Bloodborne also gives me chills every time I see trailers/footage. Game is going to decimate everything (even its own framerate)

Sami+

I haven't felt that feeling while playing a Nintendo game for years. Recently though Shadow of the Colossus, The Last of Us, and Metal Gear Solid 3 scratched my itch for that.

Lernaean

Banned
I think i know what you mean OP.

I remember the first time i was introduced to the medium proper. It was playing DK at the arcades. I must have been like 5yo. My dad, an on and off DK player got me there, we played a bit and then we ate outside. It was a beautiful and very memorable Saturday.

Then he left again. He left 4 times, from my age of 4 to something like 9, to work in the States, as the family was piss poor. He worked in construction.
When he came back, when i was about 6, he brought a NES with him, a big, bulky, heavy power adapter, and LoZ, which was like, just released.

We played together for days, and it was so awesome being introduced in this world for the first time. Like you, he played the role of the translator for me.

When he came back from the last trip, he brought SMB3 with him, again it was fairly new and again we stayed for days playing, even though life and work had taken a bit of a toll on him and he wasn't that enthusiastic anymore.
Then it was my time with the hobby. Things were better now, mom had a good job, dad too, Nintendo had a proper representative where i lived, so i was introduced to many games over the years.

Other Nintendo games that gave me the same feeling are Metroid, SMW, LttP, Super Metroid, OoT, MM, SM64, most Star Fox games, Luigi's Mansion, WW, Metroid Prime, Sin and Punishment (and Star Successor later), SSB Melee, F-Zero GX, Advance Wars, TP, Xenoblade, both Galaxies, SS, all Pikmin, especially 3, WWHD (yeah, same feeling for the second time, crazy), SM3DW, both Retro DKC's, MK8, KI:U, FE:A, ALBW, and not including a few surely i forgot and all the Nintendo exclusive third parties.

Also people talking about nostalgia helping Nintendo are dead wrong imo. Nostalgia is hurting Nintendo a lot.
From the GC days, to this very day, Nintendo has released a stream of the best games of its history, and most of them are dismissed for not being 'as good as the older ones'. Nintendo right now makes excellent games, some surpassing their classics and most people don't even stop to take a look at them. Damn shame.

I do not really get that feeling OP feels but Xenobalde is the RPG of the gen for me, and probably game of the gen.

I have not been so blown away by an RPG for about 10 years, "thanks" to FFXIII trilogy which I wish never exist.

Super mario galaxy was the game for me last gen no other game gave me as much joy as i got from the moment i booted up that game and played the opening. I felt like i was a little kid again and i had the biggest smile on my face that never went away the entire time i played it.

Raiden

Banned
Having little money and alot of time helped back then. I got stuck for months in Ocarina. Now when i get bored with something i just buy something else.

Coolwhip

Banned
Nintendo understands that games are about core gameplay. Paired with amazing art, music and recognizable characters and worlds and you have something special.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
That feeling you get as a kid when you play a great game for the first time is incomparable.

But the first time you get that feeling as an adult is a relief... because it means that some games are that special, and it's not all your "first time" magic.

When I played Metroid Prime I was 18, and it sucked me in, just like Zelda LttP, Super Metroid, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, and a small club of games before it.

The first video game to mesmerize me was Sonic the Hedgehog 2, being one of my first video games.

I've gotten THAT feeling many times over the course of my gaming life, with Ocarina of Time, Metroid Prime, Pokemon, etc.

A few years ago I was getting tired of gaming, and wasn't really getting that feeling anymore. It had nothing to do with genre or anything - it just was losing my interest.

On a whim a couple of years ago I decided to try some classics that I had missed as a kid and WHAM. I got that feeling back in full force. Final Fantasy IX, Yoshi's Island, Castlevania, and Super Mario Bros 3 were incredible experiences that I couldn't believe I had missed.

So I tried some newer games and got that feeling all over again. Xenoblade, Wonderful 101 (001-C was the first, like others have mentioned, but only the first instance of it in that game), Super Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Pikmin 3 are a few examples.

But nothing compared to this:

gfs_82372_1_1.jpg

I had tried playing this game a couple of times in the past, and had always gotten frustrated and quit. I decided I was going to tackle this thing once and for all. I looked up the manual for pointers, and found out I was actually playing the game wrong! The manual gives you the instructions you need to go about this game (the main point was to make a detailed map as you went), so I figured I'd try it their way and see if it made a difference.

I was blown away.

I was having a ridiculous amount of fun and I couldn't understand why. But there I was, planning my route, searching for secrets, noticing spots that I couldn't get to and wondering how I could do it (that upper right square being one - I could see there was an empty spot on my map, but nothing pointed out how to get there; I tried everything until I slammed Link's head in frustration
and discovered that the wall was a fake!
). It really felt like an adventure, and one that I was in complete control of. Here was a virtual world, and I was given free reign to do whatever I wanted in it, provided I was smart enough to unravel it's riddles. I couldn't believe I was having so much fun. And there isn't any nostalgia here - I only did this about 2 years ago.

The original Legend of Zelda will always be one of my favorite games, because it gave me a gaming experience unlike almost any other in a way that I'd never expected. What a ride.

Top Bottom