• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE 274 : Star Citizen Cover Story. Reviews : CODAW, LBP3, TEW, Sunset Overdrive...

Shawn6661

First thread for me, don't bite. Will update with cover as soon as available. Thanks to Graham_S from rllmuk forum.

Cover: Star Citizen

Reviews:
Sunset Overdrive: 7
LBP 3: 9
COD AW: 8
Evil Within: 7
Lords of the Fallen: 6
Civ Beyond Earth: 6
Legend of Korra: 4
Fantasia: 6
The Sailor's Dream: 9

Previews:
BF Hardline
Battleborn
Tearaway PS4
Puyo Puyo Tetris
There Came an Echo
Axiom Verge
Captain Toad
Evolve
Return of The Obra Dinn
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine

Features:
Star Citizen
Playstation: 20 years after launch, behind the scenes
Ted Price's career
Making of: No More Heroes
Studio profile: Ubi Montreal
Time Extend: Vanquish

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
20 Year Retrospective on PlayStation sounds interesting. Hopefully it's lengthy/has some good interviews.

Why are people looking at SO's score like it's miles from the average? The metacritic is about 80, a 7 from Edge sounds about right considering Edge are harsh scorers.

Duster

Preview of Puyo Puyo Tetris? Does that mean it's coming to Europe (and presumably America)?

Edit: Oops beaten twice, that will teach me reply straight after clicking the button rather than having a look for a report online.

Why are people looking at SO's score like it's miles from the average? The metacritic is about 80, a 7 from Edge sounds about right considering Edge are harsh scorers.
Really for me its about how they scored other things. I think relative to an 8 AW a game like SO is a 9. People have different preferences I get that but its just my opinion.

I really think Mordor and Sunset should be contending for GOTY but I think Sunset for whatever reason is gonna be overlooked. Its does so many things so damn well and with so much style. It is a must buy for any XB1 owner afaik. Once you understand the traversal the game is just pure joy.

Regiruler

PPT is getting localized? To my knowledge Edge doesn't do Japan-only previews.

Unless it's for the Japanese XB1 and PS4 version. Bleh.

People that's a pretty accurate score for the game. Almost all the complaints are based around bugs most of which were caught with a day 1 patch

I agree, every game has bugs and its get fixed but giving low score is stupid unless the game cannot be fixed or need long time to fix them. Everyone praises the adventure mode design and we know LBP main strength is in community which is not considered as point in many reviews.

Was hoping someone would post this, didn't get my copy today. Two covers this month, one is rare.

jT7zSTSbzw3Ya.png

jbuh4IfQcfWqMp.png

And yup, that's the worst scoring Platinum Game in Edge. Behind Madworld, Anarchy Reigns and Wonderful 101 which each got 6.

KooopaKid

Banned
I agree, every game has bugs and its get fixed but giving low score is stupid unless the game cannot be fixed or need long time to fix them. Everyone praises the adventure mode design and we know LBP main strength is in community which is not considered as point in many reviews.

No they haven't.

Really for me its about how they scored other things. I think relative to an 8 AW a game like SO is a 9. People have different preferences I get that but its just my opinion.

I really think Mordor and Sunset should be contending for GOTY but I think Sunset for whatever reason is gonna be overlooked. Its does so many things so damn well and with so much style. It is a must buy for any XB1 owner afaik. Once you understand the traversal the game is just pure joy.

Well every region has their own preferences or game types they want to play. Edge readers or the people from europe might prefer LBP game more fun than SO. Europe gamers like single player, adventure and unique games more than Shooters and action games.

No they haven't.

What you mean they have not? I see most of the games released so far has bugs in someway thats why we have patches for every game. LBP3 might have had game breaking bugs but most of the are fixed in day 1 patch and others still not solved will get fixed soon. But giving low score for the bugs is stupid unless its not fixable or need more time. I have seen many games with many bugs and some features not working still getting big scores.

EGM1966

Nice score for LBP3 - can't wait for more of that franchise.

I'm definately going to have to give COd a look I see. Haven't bought it for years but seems the new developer really delicered so I'll give the franchise another shot.

hawk2025

I just played the stealth level (I assume there's only one) in AW last night.

I'm pleasantly surprised that for once the stealth level in a Call of Duty is actually a proper stealth level, and not an exercise of Simon Says.

KooopaKid

Banned
What you mean they have not? I see most of the games released so far has bugs in someway thats why we have patches for every game. LBP3 might have had game breaking bugs but most of the are fixed in day 1 patch and others still not solved will get fixed soon. But giving low score for the bugs is stupid unless its not fixable or need more time. I have seen many games with many bugs and some features not working still getting big scores.

I'm just saying not every game has (huge) bugs.

Top Bottom