• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu readers votes which games/characters closely related to PS

cafemomo

With the continuing festivities of PlayStation's 20th, this weeks famitsu asked their readers what games and characters are closely related to the PS Brand.
I'll just list out the top 5 since it's probably a expected list coming from Japan

1) FFVII
2) MonHun Portable 2nd G
3) FFX
4) FFXIII
5) MonHun Portable 3rd

Characters

1) Toro
2) Crash
3) Cloud
4) Solid Snaku
5) PaRappa

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Solid Snaku

I see what you did there.
skye-snacks%28ja%29.gif

Jawmuncher

With the continuing festivities of PlayStation's 20th, this weeks famitsu asked their readers what games and characters are closely related to the PS Brand.
I'll just list out the top 5 since it's probably a expected list coming from Japan

1) FFVII
2) MonHun Portable 2nd G
3) FFX
4) FFXIII
5) MonHun Portable 3rd

Characters

1) Toro
2) Crash
3) Coud
4) Solid Snaku
5) PaRappa

Now we know why PSAS failed.
I didn't have the other 3 favorites in it.

TI82

Banned
Monster Hunter will always be a Playstation series to me and the best games were on the PSP. Hopefully it'll return to the Vita one day.

Characters

1) Toro
2) Crash
3) Cloud
4) Solid Snaku
5) PaRappa

Even Japan knows how important Crash is

Supernatural-Dean.gif

Sony, BRING BACK CRASH!
Acquire the IP!

Jachaos

They really should break down everything by series for these lists. Even in a top 50, 95% of the titles will be the iterations of FF, DQ, MH, etc.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
For all the great games they give us Japanese gamers have an awful opinion.
Not sure what you were expecting. Japanese gamers associate Japanese games with PS systems because they're what gets played the most over there. Same reason why the west would probably pick games like Uncharted, God of War, Jak and Daxter etc. over Monster Hunter or Dragon Quest.

FATALITY

Banned
Okay.
Well, my first Metal Gear game was Metal Gear on MSX. I think what I said naturally follows.

I also prefer MG1 and MG2 over the MGS series.

im joking. first time i heard about MGS was on PS1 so i dont know how big MG was before that

It would be interesting to see that list from elsewhere.

For me

Solid Snake/Big Boss
Lara Croft
Nathan Drake
Crash
Spyro

Series

Final Fantasy
MGS
Uncharted
Gran Turismo
Twisted Metal

These aren't all my favorite, but what comes to mind with Sony.

Squire

Banned
The MH association is surprising and almost sort of sad from Sony's perspective, given how that's shaken out.

"We don't need to buy exclusives."

I mean, sure. You don't need to make a habit of it. But when you come upon brand synergy like this, good business is to act on it.

Jawmuncher

The MH association is surprising and almost sort of sad from Sony's perspective, given how that's shaken out.

"We don't need to buy exclusives."

I mean, sure. You don't need to make a habit of it. But when you come upon brand synergy like this, good business is to act on it.

I'm sure Sony regrets it every single day.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well OP i feel bad now for requesting the full list. Are you really going to type it all out now? i thought you had a link or something :/

Also is that ranked? because if yes then wow at MGS4 above MGS3.

Top Bottom