• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Stardust Ultra announced for PS4

15759121820_efc494b3f6_z.jpg

H PlayStation fans. I’m excited to announce that Super Stardust Ultra is blasting its way onto PlayStation 4!

For those of you who aren’t familiar with the Super Stardust series, the critically acclaimed Super Stardust HD by talented developer Housemarque was originally released on PS3 in 2007, followed up on PSP and most recently on PS Vita as Super Stardust Delta in 2012.

This timeless shoot ‘em up has you pilot a start fighter in the depths of space, defending planets against the onslaught of enemy attacks in the midst of a deadly meteor storm. Your mission is simple, use split second timing and pure arcade skill to make every shot count and destroy everything in your path.

Super Stardust Ultra, has an array of new planets, glorious visual enhancements, and includes no less than nine different game modes, including new modes and established favourites from the series and its’ various add-ons.

f you don’t fancy flying solo, you can also compete against friends in 2-4 player split-screen battles or team up in co-op mode.

We have ensured that Super Stardust Ultra brings the spirit of Stardust to the PS4 with new features, new gameplay, incredible depth and variety, and the best graphics possible, making it the most definitive and best version of Stardust ever!

Keep checking back for more Super Stardust Ultra news, as we’ll have updates and release date for you all very soon.

Link

More screens at the link. US Blog mentions an early 2015 launch at $12.99.

Super Stardust Ultra, has an array of new planets, glorious visual enhancements, and includes no less than nine different game modes, including new modes and established favourites from the series and its’ various add-ons.

YES.

This is EXACTLY what I have been wanting. I think I have posted multipal times in Resogun threads about it giving me a mad Super Stardust itch.

Jburton

Banned
With these announcements being made before the conference just makes you wonder what they are getting out if the road for?

Also Stardust is awesome, good price or PS+ and its mine.

Sweet! Love Stardust :)

I hope that Sony doesn't blow a bunch of press-conference worthy surprises with blog posts today, though! I feel like they do that at E3 sometimes and I would've been psyched tomorrow to see a Super Stardust game get announced on stage!

Guys, if I liked Resogun will I like this?

I'd think so. They're definitely different games (Stardust has a full globe to move around rather than the cylinder in Resogun) but they have a similar sense of progression with weapons/levels/enemies/etc.

I heard Colin Moriarty's scream from here....

lol

SerTapTap

Nice. Housemarq is BUSY these days. Hope it's better than Delta, loved the original, wasn't a big fan of most changes in Delta.

Elixist

why didnt they do this at psx? lol fan fave and everything. sounds sweet, 4 player split screen versus sheeeeit.

MADGAME

Will definitely buy, loved this on PS3 and the 3D was fantastic too. No mention of it in the OP, but I hope it is included in Ultra as it was so well done.

Percy

Banned
Oh fuck... what a superb announcement to just fart out like nothing like this. Should have been front and centre at tomorrow's big clown show imo.

Cannot wait for more SS. Please have 3D!

SerTapTap

Guys, if I liked Resogun will I like this?

Not exactly the same game, but they're both wrap-around, intense shooters with lots of pretties and particle effects. I would think if you like Resogun you'd like SS unless Defender is the only shmup in the world you've ever enjoyed.

If we bought it on PS3 will we get it for free on PS4?

No, different, upgraded version a la Stardust Delta, not Resogun which is the same game, just uglier/30FPS on not-PS4.

We all know the answer to this.

It starts with an R and ends with a Y

<.<

I think the answer is "Vita already has it's own exclusive Stardust version"

Top Bottom