• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Stardust Ultra announced for PS4

JP

Well that's a nice surprise although I was sort of half hoping for a PS4 Super Startdust as well as a complete Pixeljunk collection.

Oh yes yes yes. I was disappointed by both Nano Assault Neo and Resogun so Super Stardust Ultra announcement is exactly what I needed.

I enjoyed Geometry Wars a lot too but the Xbox One version seems a bit rushed. I have to give it a try but having two of the best shooters on both systems is last gen awesomeness all over again !

Salz01

I'm still,waiting for resogun DLC to hit. Paid for it already, and I think we got like one mode only. Thought the season pass would have more coming.

Vaga

FUCK YEEEAAAH, my fav psn title on fucking ps4. This is GLORIOUS!!!

funny-gif-guy-dancing-store-crazy.gif

Krejlooc

Banned
With these announcements being made before the conference just makes you wonder what they are getting out if the road for?

I know some morpheus games will be announced. I expect them to show off TxK in VR saturday. TxK, for those who don't know, is Jeff Minter's sequel to Tempest 2000 and Tempest 3000. Jeff minter, for the youngins, is the man who invented the visualizer (yes, the concept of moving blobs of colors generated by music came from a single man, and yes, said man is a huge hippy).

This is coming to VR

I've been craving a new Super Stardust since Resogun began to lose its luster to me. It sounds as if they're including a ton of modes right off the bat, instead of handling that stuff in DLC packs later on after launch. Makes you wonder what their add-on content plans are, if they have any.

I'm kind of anxious over any early announcements, though. It reminds me of their E3s from a couple years back-- they kept revealing things for days before the conference, making everyone excited about what they were holding back for surprises... only to basically spotlight everything they'd already revealed, leaving little to those hoping for megatons.

I don't necessarily think they won't have any cards left to play during their conference, but I wouldn't doubt it if a good portion of their show focused on showing off any early announcements. Better left as surprises in my opinion (even if, as I'll acknowledge, some bombs were leaked instead of purposefully released).

O M G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New STARDUST for the PS4???????

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pager99

Oh fuck... what a superb announcement to just fart out like nothing like this. Should have been front and centre at tomorrow's big clown show imo.

Cannot wait for more SS. Please have 3D!
hype rising for tomorrow's conference

Shucks...should this announce it at PSX.

Great game! I love this series. Got it on PS3 and PSP...probably get it on PS4 as well.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Sony plz! Why are you releasing your megatons before the event?!

Or is this a Gamescon situation?

This is awesome, but it'll struggle to peel me away from the absolutely magnificent Geometry Wars 3. Luckily there's a good few months before it launches :)

SerTapTap

They haven't even done that.

Do we know? I can't really tell from the compressed screenshots.

I do wish more devs would add better AA on PS4 games, there's some 3D indie games I can only assume have room for much better AA solutions than they're using, like Futuridium EP Deluxe. Looks like standard FXAA or so, game's pretty simple and clean so SMAA or even MSAA would be nice if possible.

So wait, what are these leaked megatons? I'm very confused and definitely out of the news loop.

Someone published an SF5 teaser on accident

Top Bottom