• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA publishing Hazelight's (Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons devs) next game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf_paLKQbPY

Some info on them

Josef Fares, writer and director of the critically acclaimed video game Brothers — A Tale of Two Sons, founded Hazelight together with it's creative team. We're a studio built upon extensive experience from game development and film production. Hazelight focuses on story driven experiences and innovation to deliver titles that are highly original, yet elegant and mature.

EBreda

Man, and they called it a teaser? It showed NOTHING.
A teaser usually teases about something... that teased about what again? A train travel?
Really, no need to show that. Disappointing.

I'm really conflicted by this: For one, I consider Brothers: ATBTS a runner-up to Gone Hime as my GOTY 2013 but then this newly established studio is being acquired by my most despised company on the gaming side - so much so, that I had boycotted all their products post BF3.

CentroXer

Banned
I'm really conflicted by this: For one, I consider Brothers: ATBTS a runner-up to Gone Hime as my GOTY 2013 but then this newly established studio is being acquired by my most despised company on the gaming side - so much so, that I had boycotted all their products post BF3.

wait what? Hazelight isnt being bought by EA.

Asbear

Banned
Another EA game where it is too early to show anything meaningful. Did they learn nothing from E3?

Their biggest production of this year, (Dragon Age Inquisition) just won a GOTY award. If anything EA thinks their approach is amazing now.

hohoXD123

EA has screwed up games where they were 'just the publisher' before. See: Fuse, Timesplitters Future Perfect.

Was Fuse a sales success? If not then hopefully they have learnt their lesson, still annoyed at how they took such an amazing reveal trailer and shat on it.

Grief.exe

Brothers was developed by Starbreeze, while bringing in Josef to direct the project.

Unless I am mistaken, this sounds like a new studio with Josef at the helm, not the developers of Brothers.

CentroXer

Banned
Brothers was developed by Starbreeze, while bringing in Josef to direct the project.

Unless I am mistaken, this sounds like a new studio with Josef at the helm, not the developers of Brothers.

yes Josef Fares (who directed brothers) left and started his own studio. Might be old starbreeze people onboard, who knows.

Yeah, new studio of ex-Starbreeze staff.

Who is left at Starbreeze these days? A big chunk left for Machine Games, now a chunk for Hazelight.

What's going on at Starbreeze?

When Peter Moore said "signed" I wondered what exactly that meant. Good to hear EA didn't straight up buy them. Although that will remain a risk, I suppose.

This studio got up and running a month ago, so, I don't know what concept work they might've done before November, but this seems like it could be in an earlier state than that Criterion thing EA showed at E3.
Anyway, looking forward to it in 2016 or whenever. Brothers was pretty cool. Although beyond Fares, I don't know if any of these people worked on that game. He seems to have a mind for it though.

Art Director - Claes Engdal
Technical Animator - Emil Claeson
Gameplay Programmer - Anders Olsson
Lead Level Designer - Filip Coulianos

So yeah, it's five people who worked on Brothers.

JayEH

It's almost like EA doesn't have any games that are far I'm development. I mean what the heck? They show a bunch of conceptual stuff at E3 then do it again here. It's ok to announce that they're working on something but don't come to TGAs hyping a vague CG trailer.

CentroXer

Banned
It's almost like EA doesn't have any games that are far I'm development. I mean what the heck? They show a bunch of conceptual stuff at E3 then do it again here. It's ok to announce that they're working on something but don't come to TGAs hyping a vague CG trailer.

newsflash. Games takes time to develop. They have finally realized to not go the the ubisoft way of development.

What does EA have for 2015 beyond Battlefield Hardline (which was supposed to be out in 2014) and the usual sports games?

I hope Mirror's Edge 2 is their big Q4 release. :)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Yeah, new studio of ex-Starbreeze staff.

Who is left at Starbreeze these days? A big chunk left for Machine Games, now a chunk for Hazelight.

What's going on at Starbreeze?

They Bought Overkill Software (which consists of former GRIN employees), their big thing nowadays is the Payday franchise.

Top Bottom