• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons Remake to Steam, EpicGames , GOG, PlayStation and Xbox on Feb 28! | The Game Awards 2023

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The brothers look like Kingdom Hearts characters now.

HighresScreenshot000073min.jpg

CamHostage

Sort of curious history of the developer Avantgarden...

I’m willing to bet that Josef Fares has nothing to do with this.

"505 Games says original Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons director, Josef Fares... has endorsed the remake. "

...For whatever that means.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Pass. This isn't the game you'd want to replay if you already know the main twist and the ending. Not to mention the original still plays well and doesn't feel outdated.

Mr Hyde

Played the original recently and it holds up very well with nice visuals, music and gameplay. Kinda pointless remake for me personally, but a great way to introduce it to a new generation. It's a game worth playing.

Larxia

This was a really great game, very emotional. Like others here I'm not sure that a remake was needed, but if that can give this game a new life, why not... Hopefully new people will discover it.
The soundtrack was fantastic.

:messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

ShadowNate

Eh. It was a good game for the most part, and then at the end the story took a turn and made me hate every single character in it. So that was not fun.

I tend to avoid games that take this kind of super depressing unavoidable turn at the end. I think I've had my fill forever.

Mossybrew

Great, unique game, nice if you never played it, but it's one of those games I wouldn't want to play through twice. Knowing how everything turns out, a second playthrough would lose a lot of that emotional impact.

SenkiDala

Thanks for the unnecessarily passive-aggressive comment. I played and beat the original, don't remember all that since it was years ago. Oh well.
What passive agressive ? I just tell you that the game is especially designed to be played by 1 player, it was just informative.

Fbh

I really liked the original but a remake seems unnecessary. It still looks ok and plays well.

Based on the trademark at the end it seems like Hazelight didn't make this, so I guess as long as they aren't wasting their time on unnecessary remakes this doesn't really hurt anyone.

Cryio

Brothers: late-gen UE3 game, didn't look like a late gen UE3 game
Brothers remake 10+ years later: it's UE5, doesn't really look like a late gen UE4 game.

I guess we're remaking indies now.
next the pick me artists will be coming out on youtube with "I recreated Limbo in Unreal 5." or "vvvvvv with spectacular Unreal 5 visuals."

I could totally see when mostly AI powered remasters would be done for pretty much anything, mostly just redoing the textures, but a whole studio of actual people working on this is just a waste. It might not look super great today, but still good enough for anyone that actually want's to play it. Right now included in Plus Extra.

Top Bottom