• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For the people who purchase AC Unity:Survey drops some ideas/hints for sequel.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Hey guys, you might want to check your emails if you bought AC:Unity. Ubisoft has sent out a survey for some people or maybe all purchasers of the game. A survey which at the end drops some hints about what they're thinking about for the next installment. Just a short preview of some of the hints for the next installment included in the survey.

UItOjHG.png

QvIN7Af.png

The return of PvP?
0icMZE0.png

Even more character customization? Including a choice of gender? O.O
87qhCGi.png

If you want to aid the development of the next title I recommend taking this survey and giving honest feedback.

There is a section about microtransactions/companion app integration so this is your chance to tell them that you don't want them in the next installment.

P.S. Please don't flood the thread with drivebys because "lol ubisoft."

I used their rating system in Black Flag to no great effect, I participated in both online and in-person focus groups about the games for several years in a row.

I don't think they're going to listen to their surveys for anything that requires an effort that can't be easily done in less than a year. The only thing they'll listen to is people not buying their games.

Corgi

Banned
i remember giving every tailing mission 1 star in AC4.

first thing you do when you start Unity is a tailing mission.

Crossing Eden

I used their rating system in Black Flag to no great effect, I participated in both online and in-person focus groups about the games for several years in a row.

I don't think they're going to listen to their surveys for anything that requires an effort that can't be easily done in less than a year. The only thing they'll listen to is people not buying their games.
The nearly non existent tailing missions and less scripted set pieces in both Unity and Rogue is proof enough that they do listen to feedback.

Pretty sure that was confirmed in Black Flag.

Anyways, would the survey even matter since the next one was already leaked?
Emails were sent out yesterday and is a year out so they're probably still testing some things like vehicles.

Took the survey yesterday.

As far as the vehicles question, I hope they don't push it even more toward a modern setting, even if it is inevitable.

It was a really nice survey though. Delved into some of the finer points of the series which, to me, showed they're actually looking for more descriptive feedback from all angles.

Also, if you take the survey and don't praise the black box assassination missions then I officially hate you.

Crossing Eden

Proof enough for people desperate to believe in proof, I suppose.
Sure it's pure coincidence that the tailing missions probably received the worst feedback and now are almost completely absent in both new games. Waiting for next gen rogue but apparently there's not a single one. >.>

Crossing Eden

This sounds very much like Watch Dogs. Are both games gonna merge at some point?
Aside from easter eggs that's not likely. Also want to point out that some of the other questions for possible gameplay elements were very much in line with what you'd expect from an AC game. Like even more blackbox missions, villas that you can truly customize, and multiple cities.

Crossing Eden

Can you give a rundown of the complete question list?
This isn't a complete list but someone on reddit posted this which includes around 75% 0f the survey.

Asked if I liked the main story, asked if I liked "participating" in the Revolution, and asked if I liked Arno and Elise's romance

Asked about stealth, specifically the crouch button, cover mechanics, last known position, blending in the crowd, and hiding in the interiors

Asked about the NPC AI and events. The different enemy types, the guards' intervention in fights and crimes, and the crowd events.

Asked me to rate various characters. They asked about Mirabeau, de Sade, Napoleon, Elise, Germain, and Arno. Arno got particular attention, because I rated him a six (like Mirabeau IIRC) and they asked me to write specifically what I disliked (I mentioned that he didn't get enough interactions and he felt bland)

They asked if I liked the collectibles, the side quests, free roam, the length of the main story, the ending, the way the MD and Helix plots were tied together, whether I thought Co-Op was fully integrated into the main game, if Co-Op was well done and fit in with the franchise, if I liked the variety of Co-Op, why I said I didn't play it much, and my immersion related to all of the above.

They asked about progression and customization, how I liked it, if it made a difference in regards to difficulty, if it was satisfying, and if it catered to different play styles
They asked about Initiates and the Companion App, if I used them and why/why not, what I liked, what I expected from them in the future (I used "other" to tell them not to lock content behind it)

Asked about Helix credits, if I knew about them, if I used them, and asked why I didn't use them. They included an option to say if you don't think you should have to spend real world money on in-game currency (which I chose)

Asked how I heard of the game, if I pre-ordered it, my overall satisfaction, and what advertised features influenced my decision to buy it. Amusingly, one of the factors they asked about was Elise

The interesting bit is the future stuff. In addition to what's in the OP, they asked about having more Blackbox missions, more stealth sequences, challenge sequences that reward you with XP or in-game money, meeting more Historical figures, participating in Historical events, more linear/scripted gameplay, more murder mysteries, more story-based side quests ("like an RPG's"), and the possibility of co-op in the main story. They also brought up naval gameplay yet again.

Asking now about how "next-gen" the game is by being open world, from the animations, the graphics, the gameplay, and if it delivered on its promises in the marketing
If the game was better, equal to, or worse than expected. I said slightly worse, it asked why, and these were the options given: http://i.imgur.com/AOd9pWW.png

Asked if I'd buy next year's game ("if" there is one)

Asked if I'm interested in the AC movie and knew it existed

+1080p

+Horses, cars or whatever mode of transportation is available in whatever time period they choose should be jackable.

+Remove 90% of the menus. Fk. Stop showing us everything that is possible to collect. Just hide that stuff.

+Let me open chests and discover cool weapons.

+also... No more chests everywhere. It's stupid. Open up the houses and let me find stuff where people keep things in real life.

+ collectibles are kind of stupid now. Make them better.

+ if you want to make some companion app. Make it a fun 2d version or something.

* micro transactions are fine too, even if I don't use them. Just don't make them ruin the game.

The Llama

I liked Watch Dogs (and AC4), so I'm not even trying to troll, but vehicles in AC? They really WOULD just be making another Watch Dogs.

+1080p

+Horses, cars or whatever mode of transportation is available in whatever time period they choose should be jackable.

+Remove 90% of the menus. Fk. Stop showing us everything that is possible to collect. Just hide that stuff.

+Let me open chests and discover cool weapons.

+also... No more chests everywhere. It's stupid. Open up the houses and let me find stuff where people keep things in real life.

+ collectibles are kind of stupid now. Make them better.

+ if you want to make some companion app. Make it a fun 2d version or something.

* micro transactions are fine too, even if I don't use them. Just don't make them ruin the game.

Surprisingly I didn't get one. But this ^ guy has everything on point. But I don't mind the collectibles too much, just less of them would be nicer.

Hmm, pretty interesting. Is there a write in or any questions about the quality of the game or is this survey just about content? I would think the number 1 asked for item would be that the game would not be a bug ridden mess at launch, so much so that the season pass was cancelled and free games given out as a way to assuage the masses.

Kabouter

No vehicles, thanks.
Didn't get the survey by the way, and I do own Unity. Is it because I don't live in the free world?

I would like my Assassin not to control like shit any more, Ubisoft. Keep your cars and your destructible environments, just give me a nimble, responsive character who doesn't hitch up on geometry, perch on tables and chairs and jump into haycarts when I'm trying to run past them.

Phocks

What will the lore behind the main character of modern day AC protagonist not being able to drive be? He never got his license?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Not sure why, but destructible environments make me think of a World War II AC set in Nazi Germany.

Kabouter

Blume was in both games.

Yeah, and (AC4 and Watch_Dogs spoiler)
Olivier Garneau, who disappears in Chicago during AC4 is killed by the player (Aiden Pearce) in Watch_Dogs
, there's also numerous minor Abstergo references in Watch_Dogs.

SJRB

Gold Member
After Brotherhood a similar survey went out that basically had EVERYTHING that eventually ended up in Revelations: bombs, bomb crafting, hookblade, pretty sure even the tower defense stuff.

If any, this is a solid indicator to see where this franchise is headed.

[I never received a survey for any of the AC games, unfortunately].

They're linking Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed?

ir04bgHXKg4JY.gif

I wish they actually went all in on linking them. Watch Dogs would be the complete modern day Assassin's Creed game set outside the animus, while AC itself would just be what it is: sometimes showing small parts of the outside world but the majority of the time being in history.

AC4 mentions Blume in the Abstergo files and has a character killed by Aiden Pearce, but I don't think Ubisoft has decided whether they're easter eggs or actually there to connect the games together.

Pretty sure that was confirmed in Black Flag.

Anyways, would the survey even matter since the next one was already leaked?

This is probably research for what they should focus on in their marketing for Victoria. Or initial user research for the ideas they have for 2016, which prototype ideas should be explored further and implemented in a future game in 16 or 17.

Altima

I will not buy Ubisoft games that require Uplay connection and Assassin Creed series ever again.

Yes, I am serious here.

I do not why they want us to do this bullshit survey for everything in their games. They fuck up ACU badly while any developers with half brain know what to avoid from their game without this ridiculous survey.

Moreover, a survey only sent to someone who bought ACU. I do not know how can they improve their games if they do not start to ask people who not buy their games why they do not buy their games.

UrbanRats

Gonna check later, maybe they have a section for free form suggestions and comments, where i can rant about the controls of the series.

kinggroin

Banned
Driving vehicles? Meh

Destructavle environments? Yes! Or rather, the ability to make a mess of the area as you parkour your way through.

Also, let me play as a woman.

Dr Dogg

Well seeing as there was Watch Dogs easter eggs in the modern day hacking stuff in Black Flag and a run in with an Abstergo employee in Watch Dogs I wouldn't be surpirsed if they are one and the same universe at some point.

Top Bottom