• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GamesRadar names Destiny Game of the Year

greyskull

Even trying to look at it from different perspectives, I don't see GOTY material. But the game works for some people, I'll respect that.

Strider

I liked and played Destiny for a long time.... But that game has so many flaws. No way it should be in any GOTY talk.

Opinions are opinions, but I still heartily disagree. Top 10, I suppose I could agree with pretty easily. Maybe even Top 5. But #1? Nah. Seems like a stretch. I'm glad the staff enjoyed it though.

I'm on mobile so pretend I posted the GamesRadar editorial where they insulted every other site and reviewer who criticized Destiny for "not getting it" and reviewing it before Vault of Glass came out.

w00zey

If it is determined by hours played sure. If it is determined by excellent story telling and gamplay then no. My biggest issue is that even though it has a ton of flaws I can't think of another game in a long time that made me consistently want to wakeup early. Hell it has altered my sleep pattern and I wake up at 6am now and get on and play.

Nibel

ibkjHd2cykXzEO.gif

Spineless.

Zomba13

I don't hate Destiny like some do but I also don't love it. It's a game with many flaws and was a let down over all but was fun to play before getting too grindy. Don't think it deserves GOTY though not in a year with Bayonetta 2 (or Dragon Age: Inquisition if you want the more approachable western game to win).

This was probably a promotional consideration of some kind, but... I actually do think the core mechanics of Destiny are GotY material, just a shame about the issues surrounding it.

Kade

Good on them. I disagree but it's not a choice that's going to offend me as a human being or as someone who plays games.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
It's a good game, but miles away from being GOTY.

I personally disagree with this choice. They are entitled to name any game they choose of course. I would simply like to point out that there are at least a few other more worthy candidates that I could come up with. The game at its core is more or less fun. The grind is what ended up killing any love I had for Destiny.

I'm on mobile so pretend I'm quoting their 10 day long initial review where he made it sound like the Second Coming of video games

Top Bottom