• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 will finally let players change their apperance

Draugoth

Gold Member
ySrwZnEd2soB2RdHNQLZKV-970-80.jpg.webp

What you need to know
  • Destiny 2 will soon receive a "character recustomization" feature that will allow you to change your Guardian's body type, face, hair, and markings. You won't be able to change your origin race (Human, Awoken, or Exo), though.
  • Destiny players have been asking for this change ever since the first Destiny game came out nearly 10 years ago.
  • It's unclear exactly when this feature is coming, though we know it'll be added before The Final Shape DLC that's scheduled to release on June 4, 2024. It will also be free, and without a cap on the number of times you can make modifications.
  • Destiny 2's 250,000 cap on Glimmer is also being raised to 500,000 on January 30, and a March update will reset Season of the Wish's Synthweave bounty cap so players can earn more currency for armor transmog before it ends.

After nearly a full decade since the launch of the first Destiny game, it will soon finally be possible to change your Guardian's appearance in Destiny 2. This includes options to modify their body type, face, hairstyle, and markings, essentially giving you all the same choices you had when you first created your character.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Do they not realize that implementing this absurdly basic feature now will only draw attention to the fact that there is barely any character customization in the character creator to begin with?
Exactly. They talked about expanding options years ago, and absolutely nothing happened since.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Glad to finally have this. I really want to change my lady hunter to a dude.

AzekZero

Neo Member
Can someone who plays D2 explain if there is any form of limited appearance changes?

For comparison's sake, Final Fantasy XIV lets you swap out hairstyles on demand (the gil cost is negligible.) However, if you want to do a race/gender swap you need an item called Fantasia. You get one of these for free (a second might be coming with the new 7.0 expansion.) If you want more you either buy more Fantasias for 9-10 USD or start a new character.

Last edited:

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
So, it won’t cost money?
I wonder if it will cost Glommer.

… or Silver
… or Bright Dust
… or Legendary Shards
… or Strange Coins
… or Spinmetal
… or Dusklight Shards
… or Microphasic Datalattice
… or Etheric Spirals
… or Baryon Boughs
… or Helium Filaments
… or Glacial Stalwort
… or Enhancement Cores
… or Enhancement Prisms
… or Ascendent Shards
… or Spoils of Conquest
… or Exotic Cyphers
… or Dark Fragments
… or Lost Ghost Traces
… or Phantasmal Fragments
… or Memory Fragments
… or Herealways Pieces

…or maybe, what they really needs, is a specific currency just for *this* activity. Otherwise it would just be too confusing.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

So, it won’t cost money?
I wonder if it will cost Glommer.

… or Silver
… or Bright Dust
… or Legendary Shards
… or Strange Coins
… or Spinmetal
… or Dusklight Shards
… or Microphasic Datalattice
… or Etheric Spirals
… or Barton Boughs
… or Helium Filaments
… or Glacial Stalwort
… or Enhancement Cores
… or Enhancement Prisms
… or Ascendent Shards
… or Spoils of Conquest
… or Exotic Cyphers
… or Dark Fragments
… or Lost Ghist Traces
… or Phantasmal Fragments
… or Memory Fragments
… or Herealways Pieces

…or maybe, what they really needs, is a specific currency just for *this* activity. Otherwise it would just be too confusing.

There can't be that many currencies in the game?

Lillie

does anyone even know anything about what the campaign is about. There is a running joke with my friend when we play it that we dont have literally 0 clue whats going on

This game is so backwards. It's embarrassing how popular it is when Bungie treat their fanbase as bad as this.

I'm just glad it's finally ending and Bungie is on a tightrope. They took their success for granted and now are reaping what they sowed.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Don't even remember what my guardian looks like, helmet toggle always on.

Mithos

Your previous post made me laugh because I thought you made it up. How is this shit real?

dmx-cry.gif
The rabbit hole doesn't stop there...

Engrams... (The ones I have access to or get on drop currently, there might be more)
These are used to buy Weapons or Armor parts (Helm, Chest, Glove, Boots, Cloak) for a specific Activity or from a specific Season.

Eververse Engram (Cash store Items)
Exotic Engram (Golden/Exotic Armor/Weapon)
Legendary Engram (Purple Armor/Weapon)
Prime Engram (Purple Armor/Weapon I think)
Rare Engram (Blue Armor/Weapon, very low chance getting, since its low level beginner stuff)

Crucible Engram (PvP)
Gambit Engram (PvPvE)
Iron Engram (PvP)
Trials Engram (PvP)
Vanguard Engram (PvE)

Defiant Engram (Season "20" of Defiance)
Deep Engram (Season "21" of the Deep)
Gunsmith Engram (New drop started in Season 23, Banshee-44 in Tower)
Neomuna Engram ("Lightfall DLC" on Neptune, added after being quoted)
Witch's Engram (Season "22" of the Witch)
Wish Engram (Season "23" of the Wish)

Last edited:

Darchaos

And the Destiny sheeps will gobble this down with hook and sinker and applaude bingobungo and tell them how awsome they are....I swear bingo can throw flyshit on a paper and call them patchnotes and thoose guys will call it the next big thing.

Forsythia

The rabbit hole doesn't stop there...

Engrams... (The ones I have access to or get on drop currently, there might be more)
These are used to buy Weapons or Armor parts (Helm, Chest, Glove, Boots, Cloak) for a specific Activity or from a specific Season.

Eververse Engram (Cash store Items)
Exotic Engram (Golden/Exotic Armor/Weapon)
Legendary Engram (Purple Armor/Weapon)
Prime Engram (Purple Armor/Weapon I think)
Rare Engram (Blue Armor/Weapon, very low chance getting, since its low level beginner stuff)

Crucible Engram (PvP)
Gambit Engram (PvPvE)
Iron Engram (PvP)
Trials Engram (PvP)
Vanguard Engram (PvE)

Defiant Engram (Season "20" of Defiance)
Deep Engram (Season "21" of the Deep)
Gunsmith Engram (New drop started in Season 23, Banshee-44 in Tower)
Witch's Engram (Season "22" of the Witch)
Wish Engram (Season "23" of the Wish)
Jesus fucking Christ. What the fuck are they thinking. Yeah, I know it's "money!"

Mithos

Jesus fucking Christ. What the fuck are they thinking. Yeah, I know it's "money!"
It is ofc MONEY.

However my pet peeve with Destiny 2/Bungie is...
The mix of PvPvE, good or great PvE armor/weapons can ONLY be found/drops in PvP activities/zones and thus you are being "forced" to participate in shit you don't care about.

However that ALSO makes it that you visit specific PvE areas to get specific armor/weapon drops, areas that you might never have visited otherwise (if armor/weapon dropped everywhere, and not just at that specific place).

Last edited:
Top Bottom