• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Bob's Burgers (GIFs incoming)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

After seeing the opening sequence from the Bob's episode of Archer, I had to check this out.

Holy shit, this. I'm loving the hell out of this show. Bob was way too much like a lower class Archer at first, but has grown into his own character - someone I can relate to as a 35 year old dad myself who finds frustration with his kids and relief in his nostalgia. His wife...is annoying.

I know how everyone loves Tina, and I second that. You want to give her a hug - not too tight because she might fall in love with you. But I have to say my favorite is definitely Louise. I can only dream of having a precocious, greedy, possibly sociopathic daughter like that.

UrzzTHh.gif

6kmCBsm.gif

C7uJTAE.jpg

It took me to the third season before I realized that the building to the right of Bob's in the intro is always something different, as well as the pest-control company. Also that the end credits animation is always using bits from the episode in it.

I also realized...there's a LOT of dancing...

Tina-Belcher-Dancing-Bobs-Burgers.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

vxCicMN.gif

Alric

Such a great show, the voice cast is so perfect and comical. I love how it's more King of the Hill in that it's grounded in reality as opposed to the other cartoons out there.

AlexMogil

Look for Jimmy Pesto in the window reflection of the extermination van. It implies he called the exterminators or planted the vermin.

bengraven

Speaking of voice cast, I realized that counting the smaller parts, I think there's only one female on the show: Kristen Schaal.

Tina, Linda, their blonde friend, seems like every woman is voiced by a man.

Look for Jimmy Pesto in the window reflection of the extermination van.

Holy shit, are you serious? Every episode? That makes sense since you'd be standing in front of Pesto's.

AlexMogil

Speaking of voice cast, I realized that counting the smaller parts, I think there's only one female on the show: Kristen Schaal.

Holy shit, are you serious? Every episode? That makes sense since you'd be standing in front of Pesto's.

I think since half of season 2 when Gene dances to the theme:

jLMA5gc.png

Alric

Lol, I love how all but Louise are voiced by men. In fact in the original pilot Tina was a boy and they changed her to a girl for the show.

Its a fantastic show that needs to be watched by more people. Good set of characters, great episodes and cast, and the music in this series is just fittingly awesome too. My most memorable one has got to be Aw Topsy.

My brother and I still re-enact the ointment and pee argument from this show all the time.

"You smell like ointment and pee!"
"No YOU smell like ointment and pee!"
"No YOU-"
"YOU SMELL"
"YOUUUUUUU"

snacknuts

we all knew her
I had dismissed this show for a couple years because I thought it just didn't seem very interesting, but my brother-in-law made me check it out and I instantly fell in love.

akileese

Wagstaff School news is my favorite episode because of Gene walking around in a Bob costume and mimicking him. It absolutely slays me every time.

I'm lttp on this as well, working through the third season. It's fucking fantastic. The cruise ship episode was top-notch stuff.

Depending on how small of a part you're willing to count, the Pesto twins are voiced by twin sisters. Laura and Sarah Silverman.
This available streaming anywhere?
Netflix.

okno

Grind, grind, grind, grind...

Favorite shown on tv. My favorite thing about it is that nearly every episode has a musical component, and it always works and never detracts from the show. Love it, love it, love it.

Also, holy shit at that Archer cross over!

spookyfish

One of the few shows my wife and I can agree on.

We both LOVE this show. And when Bob comes on, my toddler points and says "dada!".

Not sure how to feel about that.

bengraven

Depending on how small of a part you're willing to count, the Pesto twins are voiced by twin sisters. Laura and Sarah Silverman.
I fucking love those two. Wish they were in more episodes.

tumblr_m1kc7dfN5m1r7e0mc.gif

Grind, grind, grind, grind...

Favorite shown on tv. My favorite thing about it is that nearly every episode has a musical component, and it always works and never detracts from the show. Love it, love it, love it.

Also, holy shit at that Archer cross over!

I re-watched it after seeing BB and was disappointed the kids didn't speak. But then in Season 4 of Archer we got the voices of Gene and Louise playing boyfriend and girlfriend - it was strangely surreal.

Love this show- I like all the kids, but Louise is amazing.

*high five*

73fe320ca25cbeba08186e9ead1ddd29.jpg

I think since half of season 2 when Gene dances to the theme:

jLMA5gc.png

Ha, but you just don't have enough time to read the building name, the van name, AND look at the reflection!

AlexMogil

At first I couldn't stand Gene. Now I love him

tumblr_mcout0s6EK1r440eto1_500.gif

He's basically a more enthusiastic Linda shaped like a young Bob.

BTW, there is no excuse not to have this thread dedicated to Teddy.

Teddy: That's hilarious! And his name is Bob Burger.
Bob: What?
Teddy: His name is Bob Burger.
Bob: Um, it’s not.
Teddy: It is.
Bob: It isn't. No.
Teddy: It’s not?
Bob: No. Are you serious?
Teddy: Bob Burgers.
Bob: How-
Teddy: Bob Burgers. Then who am I thinking of?
Bob: I don’t know!
Teddy: But the sign.

Additionally: O.T. The Talking Toilet:

Tina: Say 'I love you, Tina'
Toilet: "I love you. Tina."
Tina: Say 'I love you, Tina. I'm not a toilet, I'm a...boy.'
Toilet: No.
Tina: Oh.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
giphy.gif

#Boom shaka boom shaka boom boom boom.

Weiner weiner wobble, weiner weiner wang.

Boys are from Mars, girls are from Venus.

I have a yum yum, you have a penis"

MrGerbils

If you love Bobs Burgers, you should also check out Home Movies. I still think Coach McGurk is John Benjamin's best role.

The first season with it's squiggle vision and improvised conversations aren't that great but it really comes together in the second.

AlexMogil

If you love Bobs Burgers, you should also check out Home Movies. I still think Coach McGurk is John Benjamin's best role.

The first season with it's squiggle vision and improvised conversations aren't that great but it really comes together in the second.

I love it but I couldn't stand the musical/Star Boy episodes. They just dragged on.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This is what they all looked like in the original test-pilot
s1Y862T.jpg

Other than Bob being fucking terrifying, the idea of Tina not being an awkward pubescent girl straight up offends me.

Member876

Banned
Love this show! Portraition of the Belcher kids especially is great. I feel it's more honest then lets say in Simpsons. They aren't completely oblivious to adult talk and yet they are clearly kids. Regular size Ruduy has become one of my favorite side characters.

beef_curtains_bobs_bu5dp6n.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom