• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE | January 2015 | Beginning with Horror

malfcn

kRrUQPP.png

This thread is constantly evolving to have information up to date.
While this thread strives to cover a wide range of info, new threads are welcome.
DEGbdfR.png

All dates are subject to change, US dates listed.

09 | Funk of Titans
20 | Resident Evil: REmastered
20 | Saints Row IV: Re-elected
20 | Saints Row IV: Gat Out of Hell
23 | Riptide GP2
27 | Dying Light
27 | Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires
30 | Life is Strange - Episode One
30 | #IDARB

Downloadable Content
06 | Forza Horizon 2: G-Shock Car Pack
13 | Assassin's Creed: Unity - Dead Kings
27 | Call of Duty: Advanced Warface - Havoc Pack

Apps
13 |RealPlayer Cloud

Halo 5: Guardians Beta
00 | Beta ends January 18

5Z3LDWG.png

All dates are subject to change, US dates listed.

20 | Resident Evil: REmastered
20 | Saints Row IV: Gat Out of Hell

Downloadable Content
27 | Call of Duty: Advanced Warface - Havoc Pack

VfUyeKp.png

Earn free games for being an XBL Gold member.
Xbox 360 titles are yours to keep forever: New titles are available at the beginning of the month until the 15th.
On the 16th a new title becomes free to purchase until the end of the month.
Xbox One titles are yours to keep during subscription: New titles are available at the beginning of the month until the end of the month.

Xbox One
00 | D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die
00 | Worms Battlegrounds

Xbox 360
01 | MX vs. ATV Alive
16 | The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

qtTPlzj.png

0UXywn9.png

System Versions and Update notes.
May also contain important patch information.

Xbox One
11.07.14 | OS 6.2.11785.0 (xb_rel_1411.141104-1838) fre // Controller Firmware 1.1.2228.0

Custom Backgrounds
  • Each account on your Xbox One can have a customized background.
  • Choose a custom color as a theme or achievement art as your background image and those will show on any Xbox One that you Sign In on
    with your account.
  • Use the Media Player app to pick any JPG or PNG image off of a USB attached drive or a home media server that supports DLNA. While viewing a
    picture/photo in full screen mode, press the Menu button and choose “Set as background” – your custom image is stored locally on that Xbox One console.
Gamer Profile
  • Share your location and bio as part of your profile.
  • Select a set of showcase items that are displayed when other gamers look at your profile on an Xbox One console.
  • Use Xbox One SmartGlass or Xbox One console to add or remove up to six game clips or achievements that will be displayed in a carousel format.
  • Use Xbox One SmartGlass to browse to other people’s profiles and check out their showcase items.
Tweet about your Favorite Game Clips
  • Share your favorite Xbox One game clips with your followers on Twitter.
Live TV Updates
  • Live TV Trending
    • Users in the U.S., Canada and the UK, will see a new “Trending” tab in OneGuide that displays the top 20 most watched TV shows,
      with the list filtered down to the shows that are currently available to you based on your OneGuide settings.
    • The Live TV on Xbox trending list is updated by the minute, so you can easily discover shows that are popular with other viewers.
  • Twitter TV Trending
    • Users in the U.S. will see what Live TV is trending based on the highest number of tweets.
    • The Trending tab in OneGuide is updated to display Live TV on Twitter first and Live TV on Xbox trending second.
  • Tweets in MiniGuide
    • Users in the U.S. will see the actual tweets for the Live TV shows in real time and quickly find the Twitter #hashtag to join the conversation.
  • Recents and Favorites in MiniGuide
    • MiniGuide has been updated to include your favorite TV channels in a combined Recents and Favorites area
    • MiniGuide can now be activated via voice by saying “Xbox Select – MiniGuide” while watching TV.
Internet Explorer (IE) Updates
  • From the Address Bar in Internet Explorer, you can easily snap from a full screen experience and move Internet Explorer into snap mode.
  • Internet Explorer will show a number when something is newly-added to featured sites.
  • Newly-added sites will also display a badge (denoted by an asterisk (*) in the upper right corner) until you launch them or seven days have
    passed since the site was added to the Featured list.
Xbox One Store Improvements
  • The Store pages on Xbox One have been improved to enable you to more quickly browse and find content.
  • Navigation buttons are moved to the far left so you can find them easier.
  • Quickly find game add-ons, perform store specific searches and recommendations are more prominently displayed.
  • Store categories have been standardized so you can easily see the top items in each query at a glance.
Restart Now
  • Cleanly power Cycle your console using the new Restart Now button available in the Settings area of the dashboard.
    Select Settings, Power & startup, and the new Restart Now button to shut down and restart your Xbox One console in cases where you need to
    refresh your IP address or to follow troubleshooting steps supplied on support.xbox.com.
Smartglass Updates
  • Friends’ Game Activity on SmartGlass allows you to see a list of your friends that have played a given game within the Xbox One SmartGlass experience.
  • For gamers with an Xbox Live Gold subscription, you can browse “Free Games with Gold” and discounted content with Gold and initiate download
    of the content to your Xbox One console from your mobile device.
  • A new section for Apps designed to make it easier to find and download apps for your Xbox One.
  • A new Coming Soon filter for Games and Add-ons to make it easier to see upcoming Xbox One releases sorted by anticipated release date.
Additional Details
Xbox 360
12.11.14 | Dashboard 2.0.17150.0

ZkSSXRg.png

byqIdxe.png

Climb back through time and see how we got here.
These links provide a glimpse of discussion and information as it happened.

12.2014 | Beta for the Holidays
11.2014 | Jump In! The Collection is Fine
10.2014 | The Delirium Within
09.2014 | Push back the Darkness
08.2014 | Hot Maddening Nights
07.2014 | Drinkbox Juan - All in One Luchador
06.2014 | Something to do with EEEs
05.2014 | Doge & Order - Special Games Unit
04.2014 | Springtime Watersports
03.2014 | Dropping Titans like it's Hot
02.2014 | Don't call it a Drought
01.2014 | Definitively Bigger & Blacker
11.2013 | Jump In! The Resolution is Fine

Well, I ended spending way more in December than I expected to. I'm going to take it easy until Dying Light.

Hey malfcn, suggestion: When you create the new thread, consider posting the link in the thread for the previous month.

Cj01

Is there a thread or can someone point me in the right direction to a External Harddrive that will work well with xbox one. I'm looking for 2-3TB thanks.

Link to December, or link December to January? I normally add the previous in the link section.

Like maybe post a link to January in the December thread. Not as an edit to the OP.

That way my subscription to December would let me know that the January thread went up.

Laws00

Man i'm stuck with should I get Resident Evil HD remaster on my old Xbox 360 or move to XBOX1. Same with Resident Evil Revelations 2

That or get them on playstation lol

B4D1E

2 new remaster this month. I think this generation has caught developper off guard.

I wonder what SR IV will look like. I had a lot of fun with it but won't pick it up till it drops at least to 15 bucks.

I wonder what they did to bork the achievements system. Good thing (for those who care) that the One logs your achievements, so that they're queued and unlock later once the service is repaired.

It's been problematic for 24 hours now.

"View game hub" is a neat feature, but I really miss the "See in Xbox Store" option it replaced. Didn't realize how much I used it until it wasn't there anymore.

Edit: If you click the menu button on Achievements or something else that doesn't have a game hub, the see in store option is still there.

malfcn

RE tonight/tomorrow!
How is D4 8.8GB and Ground Zeroes 4.8GB?

Thinking about getting that external HDD this week..

I've started getting spam messages through Xbox Live. Maybe that's not unusual? But it's never happened to me before.

They pass themselves off as someone who wants to be friended but are actually marketing online services like raffles and short-term loans.

I'd say yes. I love these threads and use them as a resource. Think it slowed down this month because there's not much releasing across Xbox platforms. Maybe give it one more month to see if people are still interested?

Also, I think it loses a lot of the front page traffic being in Community.

Fwiw, I enjoy the threads, but I definitely get why you'd consider stopping. :/

malfcn

I enjoy doing them, so I'll continue. Just wish the traffic would pick up.

Biggies for next month are Evolve and Revelations, I believe.

I don't think I'm going to buy anything next month. I bailed on Dying Light at the last minute and will grab it for $30 or less. Revelations has red flags all over it.

I did get Riptide, though, and managed to make serious headway with Dragon Age and Lego Marvel. I have a backlog that should hold me over: AC: Unity, Alien: Isolation, Metro Redux and that Telltale bundle minus Walking Dead.

Dying Light's disc delay in Europe is what kept my pre-order.

Looking at: The Escapists and Don Bradman Cricket for next month, I may still cancel my Dying Light pre-order as Screamride and Ori are out in early March, depends how much is in my backlog really, i'll feel better after I've got Dragon Age done and Unmechanical for review.

Top Bottom