• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE | November 2014 | Jump In! The Collection is Fine

malfcn

IUA9HHd.png

This thread is constantly evolving to have information up to date.
While this thread strives to cover a wide range of info, new threads are welcome.
DEGbdfR.png

All dates are subject to change, US dates listed.

03 | Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
04 | Rabbids Invasion
04 | The Wolf Among Us
04 | Rocksmith 2014 Edition
11 | Assassin's Creed Unity
11 | LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
11 | Halo: The Master Chief Collection
11 | Shape Up
11 | Pro Evolution Soccer 2015
11 | Monopoly: Family Fun Pack
18 | Dragon Age: Inquisition
18 | Far Cry 4
18 | WWE 2K15
18 | Never Alone
18 | Grand Theft Auto V
18 | Monopoly Family Fun Pack
19 | Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
19 | The Jackbox Party Pack
21 | Pier Solar and the Great Architects
21 | Thomas Was Alone
26 | Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions

Downloadable Content
00 | ...

Apps
18 | MoviePlex Play

Hardware
02 | Xbox One Special Edition Assassin's Creed Unity Bundle
02 | Xbox One Special Edition Assassin's Creed Unity Bundle + Kinect
03 | Xbox One Special Edition Midnight Forces Wireless Controller
03 | Xbox One Special Edition Advanced Warfare Bundle

5Z3LDWG.png

All dates are subject to change, US dates listed.

03 | Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
04 | BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition
04 | Rabbids Invasion
11 | Tropico 5
11 | LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
11 | Pro Evolution Soccer 2015
11 | Digimon All-Star Rumble
11 | Assassin's Creed Rogue
11 | Payday 2: Safecracker Edition
18 | Dragon Age: Inquisition
18 | Escape Dead Island
18 | Far Cry 4

Downloadable Content
00 | ...

Arcade and Indies
00 | ...

VfUyeKp.png

Earn free games for being an XBL Gold member.
Xbox 360 titles are yours to keep forever: New titles are available at the beginning of the month until the 15th.
On the 16th a new title becomes free to purchase until the end of the month.
Xbox One titles are yours to keep during subscription: New titles are available at the beginning of the month until the end of the month.

Xbox One
00 | Volgarr the Viking

Xbox 360
01 | Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
16 | Red Faction: Guerrilla

qtTPlzj.png

0UXywn9.png

System Versions and Update notes.
May also contain important patch information.

Xbox One
11.07.14 | OS 6.2.11785.0 (xb_rel_1411.141104-1838) fre // Controller Firmware 1.1.2228.0

Custom Backgrounds
  • Each account on your Xbox One can have a customized background.
  • Choose a custom color as a theme or achievement art as your background image and those will show on any Xbox One that you Sign In on
    with your account.
  • Use the Media Player app to pick any JPG or PNG image off of a USB attached drive or a home media server that supports DLNA. While viewing a
    picture/photo in full screen mode, press the Menu button and choose “Set as background” – your custom image is stored locally on that Xbox One console.
Gamer Profile
  • Share your location and bio as part of your profile.
  • Select a set of showcase items that are displayed when other gamers look at your profile on an Xbox One console.
  • Use Xbox One SmartGlass or Xbox One console to add or remove up to six game clips or achievements that will be displayed in a carousel format.
  • Use Xbox One SmartGlass to browse to other people’s profiles and check out their showcase items.
Tweet about your Favorite Game Clips
  • Share your favorite Xbox One game clips with your followers on Twitter.
Live TV Updates
  • Live TV Trending
    • Users in the U.S., Canada and the UK, will see a new “Trending” tab in OneGuide that displays the top 20 most watched TV shows,
      with the list filtered down to the shows that are currently available to you based on your OneGuide settings.
    • The Live TV on Xbox trending list is updated by the minute, so you can easily discover shows that are popular with other viewers.
  • Twitter TV Trending
    • Users in the U.S. will see what Live TV is trending based on the highest number of tweets.
    • The Trending tab in OneGuide is updated to display Live TV on Twitter first and Live TV on Xbox trending second.
  • Tweets in MiniGuide
    • Users in the U.S. will see the actual tweets for the Live TV shows in real time and quickly find the Twitter #hashtag to join the conversation.
  • Recents and Favorites in MiniGuide
    • MiniGuide has been updated to include your favorite TV channels in a combined Recents and Favorites area
    • MiniGuide can now be activated via voice by saying “Xbox Select – MiniGuide” while watching TV.
Internet Explorer (IE) Updates
  • From the Address Bar in Internet Explorer, you can easily snap from a full screen experience and move Internet Explorer into snap mode.
  • Internet Explorer will show a number when something is newly-added to featured sites.
  • Newly-added sites will also display a badge (denoted by an asterisk (*) in the upper right corner) until you launch them or seven days have
    passed since the site was added to the Featured list.
Xbox One Store Improvements
  • The Store pages on Xbox One have been improved to enable you to more quickly browse and find content.
  • Navigation buttons are moved to the far left so you can find them easier.
  • Quickly find game add-ons, perform store specific searches and recommendations are more prominently displayed.
  • Store categories have been standardized so you can easily see the top items in each query at a glance.
Restart Now
  • Cleanly power Cycle your console using the new Restart Now button available in the Settings area of the dashboard.
    Select Settings, Power & startup, and the new Restart Now button to shut down and restart your Xbox One console in cases where you need to
    refresh your IP address or to follow troubleshooting steps supplied on support.xbox.com.
Smartglass Updates
  • Friends’ Game Activity on SmartGlass allows you to see a list of your friends that have played a given game within the Xbox One SmartGlass experience.
  • For gamers with an Xbox Live Gold subscription, you can browse “Free Games with Gold” and discounted content with Gold and initiate download
    of the content to your Xbox One console from your mobile device.
  • A new section for Apps designed to make it easier to find and download apps for your Xbox One.
  • A new Coming Soon filter for Games and Add-ons to make it easier to see upcoming Xbox One releases sorted by anticipated release date.
Additional Details
Xbox 360
09.04.14 | Dashboard 2.0.16767.0

Increase Storage Capacity
  • Support Hard Disk 500GB.

ZkSSXRg.png

byqIdxe.png

Climb back through time and see how we got here.
These links provide a glimpse of discussion and information as it happened.

10.2014 | The Delirium Within
09.2014 | Push back the Darkness
08.2014 | Hot Maddening Nights
07.2014 | Drinkbox Juan - All in One Luchador
06.2014 | Something to do with EEEs
05.2014 | Doge & Order - Special Games Unit
04.2014 | Springtime Watersports
03.2014 | Dropping Titans like it's Hot
02.2014 | Don't call it a Drought
01.2014 | Definitively Bigger & Blacker
11.2013 | Jump In! The Resolution is Fine

malfcn

YJvwypI.png

rLofuIW.png

This journey on Xbox One has an anniversary this month. The hardware for a new generation was launched.
To commemorate this arrival I created my very first OT. Not only was it an Official Thread, but it would be one of the largest of the year.
Jump In! The Resolution is fine would span 21,360 posts with 1,531,214 views and pushed nearly 28GB in data transfers. It was big, it was ugly,
and it got the job done. But it was necessary, I learned how to slim the dashboard design down into what is now used monthly. Thank you for
that amazing month of discussion and hype.

To another year!
- malfcn

Oilyduck65: @XboxP3 hey phil what goodies are planned for xbox1 first anniversary??
XboxP3: @Oilyduck65 When is it?
XboxP3: @Oilyduck65 Nah, just kidding. We all know the day. Stay tuned.

Twitter

No idea what that means. Perhaps a damn good sale is coming? Free game or something?

Great OP as usual btw.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm all in on Halo, Call of Duty and Dragon Age! Also hoping Ori and the Blind Forest hits this month. I wish GTA5 would go up on the Xbox Store, too, the Xbox One version is far too quiet out there!

Welfare

OP, you might want to add

Hardware
02 | Xbox One Special Edition Assassin's Creed Unity Bundle
02 | Xbox One Special Edition Assassin's Creed Unity Bundle + Kinect
03 | Xbox One Special Edition Midnight Forces Wireless Controller
03 | Xbox One Special Edition Advanced Warfare Bundle

The Flash

Banned
That time ntkrnl said that that Halos 1-4 were being ported to XB1. No one believed him. Now we're Vince McMahoning all over the place.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
hey guys, question about those of you who have the stereo headset adapter for the xbox one, does it only output audio or can you limit it to chat only?

My last wired mic broke and i'll be damned if I spend $25 on a wired mic :|

Welfare

That time ntkrnl said that that Halos 1-4 were being ported to XB1. No one believed him. Now we're Vince McMahoning all over the place.

Well the idea was just too good to be true. It was crazy. Plus I think Halo 1 wasn't in ntkrnl's original post.

Also the date for the AW bundle is wrong. It releases the 3rd, not the 28th.

malfcn

Well the idea was just too good to be true. It was crazy. Plus I think Halo 1 wasn't in ntkrnl's original post.

Also the date for the AW bundle is wrong. It releases the 3rd, not the 28th.

NTKRNL will always be a memory.
And the date..well, that happened due too c&p..

Just joined the party a few days ago. This month is going to be crazy good on so many platforms. Cannot wait to get my hands on COD AW and MCC!

GHG

hey guys, question about those of you who have the stereo headset adapter for the xbox one, does it only output audio or can you limit it to chat only?

My last wired mic broke and i'll be damned if I spend $25 on a wired mic :|

Yeh you can set it to do chat only. You have to press the button on the adapter that has the game controller icon and set the game balance to 100% chat/0% game.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yeh you can set it to do chat only. You have to press the button on the adapter that has the game controller icon and set the game balance to 100% chat/0% game.

That's awesome, now to see if there are any inexpensive chat only 3.5 mm mics that will work, I wonder if the dinky one with the ps4 came with is compatible.

GoldenA

So many games out this month!

Still haven't decided what i want. Definitely double dipping on GTAV, but Far Cry or Unity which first? (i'll get the other when its cheaper). And i never got into Halo not sure maybe i should start now. Choices!

malfcn

Every owner should have MCC.

Target is having B2G1 soon.
And don't forget BBY has the GCU deal and program.

That's where I've been doing most of my buying and trading from.
Get 20% off, decent trade values and $10 rewards on most new releases.

One of the best months in a long while. Gonna be overloaded with games.

Really hope Never Alone turns out well. The art style and aesthetic of the game look incredible. It's definitely a game I have my eye on.

Also hope that through some miracle Ori and the Blind Forest launches later in the month but MS might hold that one until December.

Kajiba

This is going to be a good month. The games coming out and Black Friday might have a surprise sale for certain games on the system.

Lawd. I can't wait.

kevin1025

Banned
I have no idea what you are talking about. *shifty eyes*

Thanks. Is that confirmed?

On the Xbox.com site on the Games With Gold section, it shows Chariot, Volgarr and Viva Pinata as the current games for November, so yep, it's the carry over game! I like it a lot too from what I've played, pretty neat game.

Special C

I want Unity and MCC but I'm going to have to pass on both because Dragon Age is going to absorb all my time and I'd like to keep my marriage intact.

Excited to jump back in to XBL after a year-long affair with PS4.

Will be getting an X1 in conjunction with the MCC's release.

Top Bottom