• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE | November 2014 | Jump In! The Collection is Fine

kevin1025

Banned
yo volgarr is hard as fuck

are there checkpoints in this game? hahaha

im that fucking bad

At the start of each stage there's a checkpoint system (it's the large crystal like at the start), but if you quit out you start at the beginning of the game again. I got to the boss in the first world, but died when he was on the last little bit of health :(

theDeeDubs

I wish I enjoyed Halo. TMMC is an incredible collection. Getting AC: U and Dragon Age for sure. Will get GTA5, Far Cry, and LEGO Batman at some point.

malfcn

I went with Unity. I'm sure Rogue will be ported to this gen.

BTW Great job as usual!

Have they said they can or won't port Rogue? I know Unity is next only. I could see Rogue getting a port. Maybe it's a calculated move to avoid the same franchise from flooding as platform.

B4D1E

Have they said they can or won't port Rogue? I know Unity is next only. I could see Rogue getting a port. Maybe it's a calculated move to avoid the same franchise from flooding as platform.

I remembered a thread talking about that. They have said that it is coming soon to pc, and when asked about XB1/PS4, they answered: "We still can't talk about it".

I'm still undecided about COD. I didn't play a COD seriously since MW2. My finger is hovering on the pre-order button lol

malfcn

This COD looks interesting to me. But every time I pick one up I hate it. Ghosts was terribly terrible to me. Maybe I will check out AW if the price tanks like last title.

Japarican

Banned
yo volgarr is hard as fuck

are there checkpoints in this game? hahaha

im that fucking bad

I spent about 13 minutes for the first checkpoint, I came back later in the day just to find out you have to beat the whole level to save the game.

At the start of each stage there's a checkpoint system (it's the large crystal like at the start), but if you quit out you start at the beginning of the game again. I got to the boss in the first world, but died when he was on the last little bit of health :(

You fucking WHAT?!?!?!

Today I just got to the second checkpoint for the first time.

Now the next time I load it up I'll start from the very beginning again? Fuck that shit!

I don't mind that kind of nonsense from something fun to play, like Spelunky, but this can go fuck itself now!

God damn it!

Madness

Anyone know how many times you can change region/account? I've got some credit in US dollars, but am located in Canada. If I try and redeem credit, it says not allowed in your region. Can I switch to US, redeem, buy some video or something, and then switch back to Canada?

EBE

has anyone tried Voice Commander?
i cant find it in the regular games store, only found it through the recommended section

its pretty okay. its a twin stick shooter with voice commands for turret building. you defend the earth from waves of enemies and can also order around a combat satellite named Vox. works alright once youve learned the appropriate commands and is kinda fun.

check it out. its free

kevin1025

Banned
You fucking WHAT?!?!?!

Today I just got to the second checkpoint for the first time.

Now the next time I load it up I'll start from the very beginning again? Fuck that shit!

I don't mind that kind of nonsense from something fun to play, like Spelunky, but this can go fuck itself now!

God damn it!

It can definitely be insane to start all over in this game, since one hit can change the whole game for you. But I think once you're in the groove it can be a quick turnaround. With Spelunky, too, you can get the tunnels to different worlds. This game is a hardcore classic one-playthrough sort of game. I'll probably never get farther than I already have, but I'll hop back to it every once and a while for a good time.

shandy706

Really enjoying Volgarr, despite the difficulty. I only got to play for a few minutes and had to get use to that old-school "die-and-try again" way of things.

Good stuff.

Here are a few gifs to help out those that may struggle on the first level.

ksxaoq.gif

shfezw.gif

ihrwvy.gif

czrfwj.gif

Duck attack works great. In fact, ducking helps in a lot of areas. Using spears for cover can help when not being used as platforms. I don't recommend using your shield often (can be done by just standing/crouching and being still), but it can get you past something if you're stuck.

theDeeDubs

Murdered: Soul Suspect is showing up for $25 (50% off ) for Deals with Gold. Not sure if it's the only one for the week or not.

antibolo

Banned
So I figure this is the Xbox version of the general PS3/PS4/Vita thread so I'll ask this question here:

I don't have Xbox Live Gold but would like to be able to do backups of my 360 saves. My current plan is to use a USB flash drive for my saves, and then backup that drive itself on a monthly basis.

Would that plan work? Or is there some kind of DRM that prevents copying a Xbox 360 formatted drive? From what I can tell, a "Xbox 360 formatted drive" is just a FAT32 volume with a collection of big files that make up the actual Xbox filesystem, so I figure I can just copy those files on my computer, and then put them on another USB flash drive should I ever need to restore them?

I just want to be able to backup everything in one go, so I don't care about access to individual files.

Nirran

Jumped on the Xbox One deal for the Sunset Overdrive bundle and could use some friends. Just got Forza Horizons 2 and Call of Duty AW along with MCC preloaded. Mostly play in the evenings. Loving the system overall though and the kinect works amazingly (got one used off of craigslist). GT is Lorddraco07.

malfcn

Jumped on the Xbox One deal for the Sunset Overdrive bundle and could use some friends. Just got Forza Horizons 2 and Call of Duty AW along with MCC preloaded. Mostly play in the evenings. Loving the system overall though and the kinect works amazingly (got one used off of craigslist).

Welcome. There is the exchange thread and gamertag XboxGAF to check out.

Special C

Since these don't last longer than a month I feel like it should be in gaming. It's good info and could use as much visibility as possible.

malfcn

I forgot that I have bby shipping mcc. To change for pickup.. But I'm leaving Thursday. Should probably let it be.

malfcn

Anyone else use their Kinect to control on/off for the TV?
Seems that lately about half the time it doesn't turn my TV off.

malfcn

Titanfall sale for a second week?
And Magic finally out.

Wonder when the update will be finalized.
They said they wanted to avoid having a bunch of updates during the 'holiday' season.

kevin1025

Banned
Titanfall sale for a second week?
And Magic finally out.

Wonder when the update will be finalized.
They said they wanted to avoid having a bunch of updates during the 'holiday' season.

The season pass for Titanfall being on sale for a second week was too much temptation. Bought! I played a few matches, really liking these new maps.

B4D1E

I just noticed that Far Cry 4 is unlocking at 12:01 EST but AC: Unity only at 12:01 PST. Why? Just to mess with me on my day-off? :)

B4D1E

I would say pubs.. But they are both Ubi... So pubs?

Yeah, it makes no sense since both games are published by Ubi. MS should make release on EST a mandatory thing :p.

So is everybody ready for the enormous amount of games that are coming our way starting tomorrow? I'm passing on Halo MCC and Far Cry 4 for the moment, because I preordered AC: U and I'm waiting for GTA V. And I know Far Cry 4 will be cheaper in a couple of months.

Top Bottom