• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia III news likely coming "very soon"

Rick was Vito's voice actor.

1hML0lN.png

qBjwaCf.png

Via OnlySP

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Mafia 3 please and hopefully as good as the first game.

Raptomex

If it's going to have an open world/sandbox can we actually do something in it? Otherwise I'd prefer a linear experience.

sn00zer

AHHHHHHHHHHH
Hope it picks up right at the end of Mafia 2...or a few years later...honestly I dont care just gimme

GavinUK86

If it's going to have an open world/sandbox can we actually do something in it? Otherwise I'd prefer a linear experience.

Yeah, just make it linear. I've had enough of open world games with bugger all to do in them aside from getting needless collectibles.

Tevren

Yes! Loved Mafia II, probably more than I should have. Leaving us hanging on that ending for so long is just cruel.

JJD

Add a Nemesis System for gangsters like Mordor or don't even bother making the game.

Mafia 1 was amazing, 2 was just mediocre. There are too many open world games nowadays, we don't need another mediocre one.

Nibel

Really disliked Mafia 2, but liked Mafia 1, and think the world needs a full-fledged Mafia open world game, so semi-excited.

xrnzaaas

Hopefully they'll hire more talented people to work on Mafia III, because MII was a huge disappointment (both storywise and gameplay-wise).

Mafia was a fantastic game. Mafia II was pretty good for the most part. I never understood the complaint related to it's linearity. It's not compulsory to make every game open world with over a hundred unnecessary side activities. I, for one, appreciated the fact they wanted to focus on the story - and a more linear game allowed that.

Mafia 2 was somewhat disappointing but I'd definitely support a new one. Mafia holds a special place for me that would be almost impossible to top.

Tagyhag

I LOVED Mafia 1.

Mafia 2 was a boring POS that only had atmosphere going for it.

Which way will the third one go?

Add a Nemesis System for gangsters like Mordor or don't even bother making the game.

That's a great idea.

It was pretty amazing when you *HUGE SPOILER*
ended up killing Thomas Angelo and basically playing the ending of the first game as the guys who killed him.

Also the ending was a load of shit, I was expecting more gameplay but NOPE CREDITS and they
fucking killed Joe. FUCK.

I liked Mafia II a lot but the first game was much better.

Top Bottom