• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Voice Actress for Misty and Jessie shares cancer diagnosis

Draugoth

Gold Member
A GoFundMe campaign has been launched for voice actor Rachael Lillis following news that her breast cancer diagnosis has spread to her spine. Lillis is known as the voice of Pokémon's Misty and Jessie in the first anime series, as well as the likes of Princess Charlotte in Berserk and Utena in Revolutionary Girl Utena, among numerous other roles.

The GoFundMe was organized by Lillis' sister and gave more insight into the iconic Pokémon voice actor's diagnosis and need for care, revealing that Lillis has been in a nursing home facility in Los Angeles since late January. Her sister writes that she "cannot go home yet because she needs money for a caregiver, particularly a home care nurse." With Rachael's cancer spreading to her spine, she is now barely able to walk.

via Kotaku

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I'm lucky enough to be in Canada where everything is covered.
I once asked a technician as I was getting an MRI how much this would cost me if I had no insurance and her answer was between 3000$ & 5000$.

Cancer in the spine is tricky. You can't operate and remove it like in the lungs or liver for example.

I definitely sympathise.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Fuck cancer. I grew up with Pokemon in my own language tho. Hearing it in English is just weird lol.

Cyberpunkd

I'm lucky enough to be in Canada where everything is covered.
I once asked a technician as I was getting an MRI how much this would cost me if I had no insurance and her answer was between 3000$ & 5000$.

Cancer in the spine is tricky. You can't operate and remove it like in the lungs or liver for example.

I definitely sympathise.
Yup, I think I got like 10 of these back in the day. Total cost: 0€.

Communism Deal With It GIF

Having said that if she is in the nursing home and it spread to her spine it looks like it's game over. She should have been on chemo treatment long before, maybe she was and cancer simply got resistant.

Top Bottom