• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert (KR) English patch is available for download

LokiReborn has finally released his (their) early version of English patch for Black Desert. If you have been messing around in unlocalized Asian games such as Blade & Soul, you probably know LokiReborn. Blade & Soul English patch was impressive.

Translated so far:
- UI
- Menu
- Zodiac names and description
- Awakening skills
- Some messages
- Some cut scenes
- Some random skill desc
- Some sorcerer skill name and description

It's still an early version, and they are going to improve it on each new version.
You can find it on the fansite forum here.

For further information about the game and how to play the Korean version, you can find most of them on Reddit.

Lastly, some pics from a GAF member who have access to the game, Spazznid
16164391791_c384973abf_o.png

16002014728_832f728871_o.png

15982806538_74312206da_o.png

16168365031_13e5f75bb8_o.png

16139920381_93f883d633_o.png

I think he is simply referencing to the fps counter we can see at the botom left of one of the picture. Most likely due to heavy downsampling for the screenshot I guess.

I see.
The fourth pic shows 1, whether it's fps counter or not, we'll have to ask the uploader himself. If it's downsampled, it makes sense though.

Ferrio

Banned
I tried the blade and soul translation, I just couldn't do it. Not to mention latency in these games are killer.

Spazznid

Oh shit, I scrolled down and was like, WTF? Those are identical to my shots.

Will try the patch tomorrow. I don't need it so much, because after playing for over 100 hours, the game is almost second nature to me, but it might be nice for the few menu options I see less often.

Dat 4 fps.

I think he is simply referencing to the fps counter we can see at the botom left of one of the picture. Most likely due to heavy downsampling for the screenshot I guess.

I see.
The fourth pic shows 1, whether it's fps counter or not, we'll have to ask the uploader himself. If it's downsampled, it makes sense though.

It was Downsampled from 4K, but the reason it's that low is because I was using Reshade to take the shots, and since Reshade uses Prntscrn, it makes me take two uncompressed shots at the same time and save them in two different places, killing the framerate for a split second. One shot is Reshade, and one is the built in screenshot function. At 4K I was getting around 20-30 fps outside of cities.

How latency dependent is the game? Is it playable in North America?

Might play the Korean version to tide myself over.

I tried the blade and soul translation, I just couldn't do it. Not to mention latency in these games are killer.

Latency is great for the most part. You need a Korean SSN, but with a bit of googling, that's not a wall you can't climb. Wasn't hard for me to get an account. Combat is the best I've seen in an MMO, as far as action-combat goes.

cripterion

Will try the patch tomorrow. I don't need it so much, because after playing for over 100 hours, the game is almost second nature to me, but it might be nice for the few menu options I see less often.

It was Downsampled from 4K, but the reason it's that low is because I was using Reshade to take the shots, and since Reshade uses Prntscrn, it makes me take two uncompressed shots at the same time and save them in two different places, killing the framerate for a split second. One shot is Reshade, and one is the built in screenshot function. At 4K I was getting around 20-30 fps outside of cities.

Latency is great for the most part. You need a Korean SSN, but with a bit of googling, that's not a wall you can't climb. Wasn't hard for me to get an account. Combat is the best I've seen in an MMO, as far as action-combat goes.

Are you in US Spazznid? Wondering if latency would be good from France.
This game looks so good and combat seems really nice, I was already fine with Tera's combat but this looks miles better.

Lol sorry for not telling you beforehand. I just thought that not everyone checking the PC screenshots out and more people should see the beauty of this game. The patch is still on its early version. After finishing up with item and skills description, they might tackle quests and cut scenes next.

I see.
30 fps at 4k is awesome. So I take it that the game is well optimized, right?
Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Top Bottom