• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hyrule Warriors soundtrack is so good

Neiteio

FULL PLAYLIST HERE

I'll start by highlighting my favorites:

First, you have up-tempo themes that get you pumped for each mission, with vocals, guitars, drums, horns and strings... while at the same time making you feel like you're dancing as you pirouette across the battlefield.

Eclipse of the Sun (Dat 2:20)
Silent Guardians (Dat 1:17)
Solidus Cave
Hammer of Stones (Dat 1:40)
Eclipse of the Moon (Dat 1:45)
Psychostorm
In the Greenwood

Love the strings in that last track.

But then also you have themes that sparkle with a delicate, fairy tale-like sensibility, lending the game a cinematic feel. A bit haunting, a bit whimsical... and all beautiful. Almost "Elfman-esque" at times:

Guilty Feeling
Mysterious
Have a Talk
Hidden Skill Training

And then you have atmospheric pieces like Sequence of Drops (maintaining the beat of battle while evoking the mystery of a deep, dark place) and Sandstream, and wonderful remixes like the OoT Boss Theme (dat 0:30), and this arrangement of the House Theme that was so epic I couldn't figure out what it was at first.

Anyone else hooked on this soundtrack? I have it on loop while I do work and browse GAF. :-D

Hyrule Warriors soundtrack is really good - gotta love that TP Hyrule Field and SS Kumite renditions, and Silent Guardians just is awesome, although I think TP Hidden Skills Training really lost its charm, sadly. But I play this game so much these tracks start to drive me crazy. I really hope that DLCs and updates will add more tracks.

Neiteio

Hyrule Warriors soundtrack is really good (gotta love that TP Hyrule Field and SS Kumite renditions, although TP Hidden Skills Training really lost its charm, sadly), but I play this game so much these tracks start to drive me crazy. I really hope that DLCs and updates will add more tracks.
I read in another thread that someone here has put in 400+ hours with the game. I wonder what he (or she) thinks of the music at this point, lol.

Yup the sound track is amazing!

as is the game seriously so so good!

I completely love Silent Guardians so much love the chanting and the hip hop drum beat and the sweet solos

Not the kind of music that I'd listen to outside of playing the actual game, but I agree that it's a really good soundtrack. I agree with the music you mentioned, and I also like parts of the Skyloft song. The Skyloft song is a blend between the SS theme and the Skyloft theme. The Skyloft theme is kind of whatever, but the remastered SS theme is gooooood.

Silent Guardians is just epic as hell, especially in the pause menu. I don't think the lower-tempo Silent Guardians is on the internet, but if it is, link please!

Kouriozan

Silent Guardians and Eclipse of the Moon (both versions) are easily my favorites.
This soundtrack is really awesome.

Neiteio

I should probably play this game.
Highly recommended. Along with Mario Kart 8, it's my favorite WiiU game to just pick up and play. I need to be in a more particular mood to enjoy other favorites like Bayo 2 and Tropical Freeze, but it's so easy to jump into HW's Free Mode and rip the enemy a new one as Impa with the naginata, or Twili Midna with the mirror. :)

The Boat

There are some great covers in there, but they get too annoying during the game, mostly because of the incredibly annoying drums.

Neiteio

Added Psychostorm and Sandstream to the OP!

There are some great covers in there, but they get too annoying during the game, mostly because of the incredibly annoying drums.
The drums form the backbone of battle! Yet they don't overpower the wistful woodwinds, sing-song-y strings and other melodious elements. Something I find neat about this soundtrack is many themes are "badass" on one level (the tempo and bassline) but have an almost melancholic feel on another (the flutes, violins, etc. -- see "Sandstream" as an example). :)

I love that they patched the in ability to play any song on any level. What a great move for such a great soundtrack. The horns in the Edlin Cave song makes me feel so, goddamned, alive.

Neiteio

I love that they patched the in ability to play any song on any level. What a great move for such a great soundtrack. The horns in the Edlin Cave song makes me feel so, goddamned, alive.
Yeah, this is a fantastic feature. What's everyone's favorite map/music/character combo? I'm partial to the first mission/Eclipse of the Son/Impa (Naginata).

Scrawnton

I'm honestly not a fan of be rock n roll versions of the songs. I always pick the songs that are orchestrated and not one giant guitar solo.

Neiteio

I'm honestly not a fan of be rock n roll versions of the songs. I always pick the songs that are orchestrated and not one giant guitar solo.

What, you don't like Zelda butt rock?
Wouldn't call it "butt rock" (and I actually like "butt rock," as heard in F-Zero X and, more recently, Code Name: STEAM).

Reason being, even the most rocking melodies have some "soft but strong" element forming the core of the melody. Very catchy. :)

It is oddly enchanting to play through a mission with the BGM set to something like "Guilty Feeling," though. Works surprisingly well.

Insaniac

Silent Guardians probably my favorite

edit: also my mind was blown when i realized the pre battle music was house theme

Jawmuncher

Wasn't a fan of it. Way too much of it was just loud for my tastes. Ended up playing a lot of levels to zeldas Lullaby.

Neiteio

Wasn't a fan of it. Way too much of it was just loud for my tastes. Ended up playing a lot of levels to zeldas Lullaby.
For someone with your tastes, I'd recommend playing to "Guilty Feeling," "Mysterious," "Have a Talk" and "Hidden Skill Training." Those are similar to "Zelda's Lullaby" in terms of balance and overall feel, I'd say. :)

The Boat

Added Psychostorm and Sandstream to the OP!

The drums form the backbone of battle! Yet they don't overpower the wistful woodwinds, sing-song-y strings and other melodious elements. Something I find neat about this soundtrack is many themes are "badass" on one level (the tempo and bassline) but have an almost melancholic feel on another (the flutes, violins, etc. -- see "Sandstream" as an example). :)
I thought the drums brought a lot of the tracks down, at least during the game, they're very repetitive and monotonous and veered a bit into butt rock territory.
Don't get me wrong, there are lots of great tracks and I dig how they change dynamically when you got to the menu and such, but during the game they get grating.
The drumming composition was just amateurish, in fact, there better metal covers of some of these songs or other Zelda tracks by "amateurs". They start off as kind of leading the rhythm to the battle and quickly turn into some guy doing the same thing over and over on the drums.

If you could choose several tracks for each mission, it wouldn't be so tiring.

Jawmuncher

For someone with your tastes, I'd recommend playing to "Guilty Feeling," "Mysterious," "Have a Talk" and "Hidden Skill Training." Those are similar to "Zelda's Lullaby" in terms of balance and overall feel, I'd say. :)

When I go back through for the DLC I'll keep these in mind.

I HATE how music in this game unlocks.

I hear the same track twice and I set the BGM to my favorite. LO AND BEHOLD I miss a cutscene with a new song that I might want to listen to. Now, not knowing how this shitty system works, I have to replay the repetitive mission to get that track... it is bullcrap.

Neo Dark

Disappointed this wasn't in the OP. Probably my favorite song from the game.
Same here. To top it off its essentially Cia's theme which makes it that much better

But yeah, the soundtrack was pretty awesome. Really enjoyed them quite a bit. I remember listening to the music a few days before the game came out. When I got to the one called house I said to my friend, "that's a pretty epic house they got going on" not knowing where the sing was used.

ys45

Eclipse of the sun is one of the best
Also Solidus Cave

Someone need to explain why Nintendo never release ost of their games -_-
Good thing there are rip of the ost out there

Astral Dog

I knew this was going to be you, even if could not read your name because mobile.

I really liked that Skyloft theme! when it played the stage became my favorite, Skyloft was the only memorable place on SS, but it was good.

I was actually really disappointed in its soundtrack. It has a few really great pieces to be sure, but it rally doesn't stand up to the potential it has for making awesome Zelda remixes. Plus a lot of the music is very samey and so only a few of the original pieces really stand out to me, such as the bgm for the Twilight map. Games like Smash Bros. do a much better job of having fanservicey Zelda soundtracks, and they have to include every other franchise too.

Hell, the game doesn't have a Gerudo Valley theme remix for Gerudo Valley and that is utterly inexcusable.

Neiteio

Hell, the game doesn't have a Gerudo Valley theme remix for Gerudo Valley and that is utterly inexcusable.
I didn't even realize this until you pointed it out. No Gerudo Valley remix does seem like an odd omission, although I suppose the game doesn't suffer for it, since I didn't notice until now.

TreIII

Silent Guardians, both Eclipse of the Moon tracks, Skyloft and Eclipse of the World (Guitar Version).

Such awesome tracks. The only sinful thing was that Koei didn't include a "BGM Select" option for the game outside of the box so that I could have these tracks playing whenever I wanted.

Neiteio

Silent Guardians, both Eclipse of the Moon tracks, Skyloft and Eclipse of the World (Guitar Version).

Such awesome tracks. The only sinful thing was that Koei didn't include a "BGM Select" option for the game outside of the box so that I could have these tracks playing whenever I wanted.
There's a BGM select. Or are you joking, saying you wish the music could magically play even when the game is turned off? :)

I was surprised by how well the Warriors trademark cheese rock meshed with some of the Zelda themes as well as some stellar new themes whipped up for the game, you can tell the sound team handled this with care leading to some of the best takes on certain Zelda themes in general.
Skyloft remix is the king for me but the game's main menu theme that brings together an orchestrated medley of the LoZ title theme, Ballad of the Godless ,Hyrule Field OoT and TP is another treat that has a dynamic element increasing and decreasing in grandeur depending on which menu you're in, very nicely done.

Neiteio

I was surprised by how well the Warriors trademark cheese rock meshed with some of the Zelda themes as well as some stellar new themes whipped up for the game, you can tell the sound team handled this with care leading to some of the best takes on certain Zelda themes in general.
Skyloft remix is the king for me but the game's main menu theme that brings together an orchestrated medley of the LoZ title theme, Ballad of the Godless ,Hyrule Field OoT and TP is another treat that has a dynamic element increasing and decreasing in grandeur depending on which menu you're in, very nicely done.
Yeah, the medley is really top-notch, with the rendition of the SS theme giving me goosebumps.

A random fact I'll throw out there. The Hyrule Warriors title theme has 10 sound channels (certain sound channels get muted depending on menu, Mario does a similar thing with the Yoshi drums and I believe some of the world maps)

Top Bottom