• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorTom

The song "1984" was on David Bowie's album "Diamond dogs", the song was released in July.
Coincidence?

May have to steal this cipher
e8HUSfw.jpg

Haha, calm down man.

Just think about it, they said they are ready to reveal the release date very soon... now why would they announce a release date now if the game comes out in december? makes no sense.

#TeamJune

I still have a little hope for V/V/201V. I don't mind June, it's just V/V/201V sounds very cool.

Rajang

What are your biggest hopes and wishes for MGSV?

For me:
  • Snow
  • Swimming

- Ability to feed DD. Feeding him should give him improved stats for the duration of one mission
- A more expansive Outer Ops
- Mini games in Mother Base: football/soccer, cqc with combat unit, eating competition (like in the PW cd drama) etc.
- Customizing your Metal Gear with different parts (like in PW) but also colors and logos

Big Boss actually turning into a villian and kojima not coping out, no co op or MGO trophies.

These two things so much.

dc89

I'm not gonna click that link. But all I'll say is if the mods shut down FootballGAF (one of, if not the most active community thread on this forum), for what they said was a blatant disregard for the sites rules, they will shut this down in a blink of an eye.

Don't make me homeless twice in the same week. :(

I'm not gonna click that link. But all I'll say is if the mods shut down FootballGAF (one of, if not the most active community thread on this forum), for what they said was a blatant disregard for the sites rules, they will shut this down in a blink of an eye.

I promise, I'll remove the link of the gif once they close OT1... so... probably...
YSkNTAx.gif

MajorTom

It's probably best to just stop mentioning it and act as though it never happened.

What are your biggest hopes and wishes for MGSV?

For me:
  • Snow
  • Swimming

• Snow
  • Control big Metal Gear (not the small one shown in trailers) and destroy some stuff with it
  • Maybe make a decision to launch a nuke or not, and that decision will affect further story (and of course launch it with metal gear from any kind of terrain, so you need to control metal gear and reach with it some kind of launch destination)

Vally

What is happening next week where they could announce the release date? Kojima station?

Next week is Destination Playstation, it's possible they announce it there as that's the event where MGS4 release date was revealed. Next Kojima station is on March 5th

Can someone explain to me why this thread is always quiet at the weekend? Shouldn't it be logical that in the weekend is more talk than from monday to friday?

Can someone explain to me why this thread is always quiet at the weekend? Shouldn't it be logical that in the weekend is more talk than from monday to friday?

On weekend many of us doing some personal stuff I guess (rest/play/friends/family), but monday-friday during job/school/university and later at home attend forum.

Dezner

Lucky people with smartphones and lucky people with jobs allowing the use of said phones(?) :p

In other words, not me. :(

If a date does not get revealed next week the game will come out in September

If there is no release date by e3 the game has been delayed

MajorTom

I'm less active on a weekend because it's when I usually spend the most time with my girlfriend. Not sure what everyone else's excuse is though.

brau

i tend to lurk more during the weekend.... and when i am at work, i find more time to be active and post a lot more. But that is just me.

Weekends i just spend with family, go out, dinner... watch movies.. enjoy the snow. etc etc. I check threads on my tablet, but posting on it sometimes its a nuisance.

Well. I am still reported sick. Tomorrow, I'll have a meeting with my boss, to discuss my situation, probably my job will end tomorrow, but that's fine. So, I'm here mostly all the time,
atleast for about 1-2 more months.

Nibel

Next week is Destination Playstation, it's possible they announce it there as that's the event where MGS4 release date was revealed. Next Kojima station is on March 5th

Oh, that makes sense I guess. Yeah, seems like a safe bet then.

strafer

so i was out getting some snacks and stuff for the oscars and this woman was staring at me...like...the seductive look...I want you look

I was like...yeah...

I have been lurking in this thread for quite awhile but have not posted because I am not sure what this thread is about.

This may be a little off topic for this thread but I bought MGS V: GZ this past week and I am having a lot of fun with it. Some of these side missions are really challenging. The graphics and gameplay are amazing. I think I have about 12 hours into so far with only one S ranking and about 40% of the trophies.

I heard mention above that a GZ save on the PS4 will do something when I finally play MGS V: TPP. Any confirmation on what this will be (a level, special start weapon, ... etc.).

Cheers

I have been lurking in this thread for quite awhile but have not posted because I am not sure what this thread is about.

This may be a little off topic for this thread but I bought MGS V: GZ this past week and I am having a lot of fun with it. Some of these side missions are really challenging. The graphics and gameplay are amazing. I think I have about 12 hours into so far with only one S ranking and about 40% of the trophies.

I heard mention above that a GZ save on the PS4 will do something when I finally play MGS V: TPP. Any confirmation on what this will be (a level, special start weapon, ... etc.).

Cheers

The data transfer is only for certain persons you extract in GZ. For example the POW's, Glaz and Palitz, etc.. though only for the best time in the represent mission. Otherwise you could extract everyone.

Well actually you can do this.

Create a new account Or, just delete your save data., play every mission only 1 time, and extract EVERYONE! That way you should have a major advantage.

MajorTom

DK5Xd4qm.jpg

So have any of my European friends here ever tried this? My girlfriend's parents just brought me a bottle back from Germany. It's incredible!

Cheers
Personally I think the save data bonus will give you the GZ sneaking suit and perhaps some soldiers for motherbase.

sexyelder

That reminds me I recently had a dream where I was playing soccer in Mother Base with Big Boss and the other soldiers... also there was a golf course on the base for some reason

Hmm, I got the idea from Paz's diary, which was destroyed after reading Cipher's fan fiction. :'<

We should stop posting in the other OT. New MGS Gaf members are asking questions in the other thread which go unanswered instead of this one.

The data transfer is only for certain persons you extract in GZ. For example the POW's, Glaz and Palitz, etc.. though only for the best time in the represent mission. Otherwise you could extract everyone.

Well actually you can do this.

Create a new account Or, just delete your save data., play every mission only 1 time, and extract EVERYONE! That way you should have a major advantage.

come on guy...don't spread misinformation. you and everyone else have no idea how this is going to work

come on guy...don't spread misinformation. you and everyone else have no idea how this is going to work

There was a source to this. Let me search again.

Here from the official website

let me look where the thing was about the best time..

Edit 2: Don't know where I have read that. Probably some theory about the best time in a represent mission I've read. And since it's not easy to find anything about it, it is most likely wrong.

sexyelder

Listen up, for us there is no release date. We are tied to no nation, no fan theories, no yongyea. We are gaffers without borders, posting not for country, not for forum, but for ourselves. We may have to sell ourselves and services to those with no other sources, some may call us insane, nitpickers, trolls.. But what better place for us than this? This is our only home, our heaven and our hell.. this, is Outer Gaf..

onfDjsw.png

Listen up, for us there is no release date. We are tied to no nation, no fan theories, no yongyea. We are gaffers without borders, posting not for country, not for forum, but for ourselves. We may have to sell ourselves and services to those with no other sources, some may call us crazy, nitpickers, trolls.. But what better place for us than this? This is our only home, our heaven and our hell.. this, is Outer Gaf..

onfDjsw.png

From Part IV of my fanfic:

Hype has changed. It's no longer about gameplay, resolution or frames per second. It's an
endless series of insane comments posted by fucked up NeoGAF users. Hype - and its consumpiton of life - has become a well-rusted machine. Hype has changed. IP-tagged
users post IP-tagged posts, use IP-tagged username. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their fucked up abilities. Mod control. Information control. Ban
control. Thread control. Everything is monitored and kept under control. Hype has changed. The age of bans has become the age of control... All in the name of averting
trolls from users of mass bullshit. And he who controls the thread... Controls search history. Hype has changed. When the thread is under total control... ...Shit posting becomes routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom