• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CompileHeart open teaser countdown site, 7 days to reveal

SerTapTap

They're keeping busy, huh? I was hoping it would be localization related (Makai Shin Trillion pls) but I guess that'd be IFI not Compile Heart.

Tapejara

Compile Heart has used a lot of blue in the promotional art for Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force. Could this be related? Seems weird to associate the same colour with two different IP.

FFF-ADF-PS4-Announce.jpg

SerTapTap

wat kind of game is CompileHeart??

Compile Heart is a developer. They make lots of "very japanese" RPGs of various subgenres (turn based, roguelike and so on) that are mostly focused on humor, silly stories and cute characters

HGH

Banned
The full message is revealed.
sQ4pNTM.gif

It spells:
迷宮の地下に死す
Die underneath the labyrinth

...So it really could an Etrian Odyssey knockoff. Neptunia Meikyu?

HGH

Banned
I thought I had mentioned this but it seems I haven't, but the title for Etrian Odyssey in Japan is Sekaiju no Meikyuu (Labyrinth of Yggdrasil). Meikyu stands for Labyrinth but after the first title they shortened it to MeiQ because...well, puns.
This is why Persona Q is called that for example, since it's sort of a crossover. So yeah, expect a DRPG that's probably first person. Whether it's create a character or not remains to be seen. but details are supposedly coming out today.

Vylash

I thought I had mentioned this but it seems I haven't, but the title for Etrian Odyssey in Japan is Sekaiju no Meikyuu (Labyrinth of Yggdrasil). Meikyu stands for Labyrinth but after the first title they shortened it to MeiQ because...well, puns.
This is why Persona Q is called that for example, since it's sort of a crossover. So yeah, expect a DRPG that's probably first person. Whether it's create a character or not remains to be seen. but details are supposedly coming out today.
Ugh, there goes my interest

It's been ages since I played a first person RPG, so I'd be up for this. Think the last one was Shining the Holy Ark, though I know that isn't a typical dungeon RPG.

Top Bottom