• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid share plays Destiny to stranger...

Searched and found nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QwERUow9lY

Found on Reddit. The horror starts at 13 minutes.

Basically kid invites stranger to share play to help him glitch from 23-30. Guy jumps on, deletes two level 31 characters, deletes an exotic, then gets caught.

Poor kid. However for gods sake, don't share play with anyone you don't know.

Share play my thread and delete if old.

Jigolo

I was gonna make this. Man I felt really bad for him when he started to cry. Tons of hours of work lost just like that. This kid is learning the hard way.

thuway

This makes me mad beyond belief. That guy who did that needs to be banned and have his account deleted from Destiny.

BearPawB

Banned
I own a ps4 and didn't realize share play was a real thing that existed.

Yeah, don't give that power to a stranger.

Soulflarz

Banned
Well, if youre going to have strangers "help you" fuck you over, it might as well be in destiny vs your entire account or something, which many kids lose due to giving it away on accident.

But still....what a dick.

jetsetrez

I'm not even going to watch, that sounds so sad. It's the kid's fault, but I really hope Bungie bans the griefers and restores the kid's characters if possible.

Ventara

I don't have a PS4 and didn't know that this was a thing. So you can allow someone else to remotely access your game? Actually, I guess this is the same thing as remote play, isn't it? Anyways, this really sucks for the kid, and Sony/Bungie should try to do something to prevent this kind of thing happening. He's just a kid and only wanted to level faster. I bet a lot of kids get fooled into this kinda thing.

Tagyhag

No sympathy from me. Yes it was an asshole-ish thing to do but the kid has to learn that if you're going to cheat your way through something there are potential consequences.

At the very least he hopefully learned a lesson through a safe environment.

Sora_N

Jesus that really sucks, it's always bad to be so trusting.

Even as and adult I still make small mistakes.

Hope the kid learned not to do that again.

damn is that kid crying at the end?
Oh yeah.

I don't have a PS4 and didn't know that this was a thing. So you can allow someone else to remotely access your game? Actually, I guess this is the same thing as remote play, isn't it? Anyways, this really sucks for the kid, and Sony/Bungie should try to do something to prevent this kind of thing happening. He's just a kid and only wanted to level faster. I bet a lot of kids get fooled into this kinda thing.
Yeah it's called Shareplay and it's been live since October. I haven't tried it myself.

I side with the other sociopaths and came into this thread expecting it to be largely people celebrating someone learning a lesson for taking advantage of a glitch.

I don't feel bad about this at all. Kid will have a fun story to tell after he's moved onto other games.

MattyG

Banned
Grimløck;152870774 said:
that's fucked up. you should only share play with people you know. can't you download your save from the cloud?
Nah, I think all that stuff is server-side in Destiny.

EulaCapra

LMAO Did the stranger delete two characters while the kid briefly got up to do something? That was harsh but holy shit, knowing the audience watching know what was going on before the kid came back on with a delayed reaction...ROFL

Persona7

Banned
How many hours does that take? I think I am on level 11 and that took fucking forever for me at least.

the crying...damn

OraleeWey

No sympathy from me. Yes it was an asshole-ish thing to do but the kid has to learn that if you're going to cheat your way through something there are potential consequences.

At the very least he hopefully learned a lesson through a safe environment.
He is just a kid. Don't be so harsh on him.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Shit guys that was really fucked up! I feel really bad for that kid. The crying at the end got me. I have two boys myself so maybe that was it but goddamn that was cold blooded.

Zing

Banned
Kid is only 11.
Wait. 11-year-old kid playing a T-rated game while being unsupervised, on the Internet, voice chatting with strangers, and recording a video stream that is shared with the public?

As a parent I feel bad for the kid, but why are the parents even allowing this situation to occur?

Top Bottom