• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carl's Jr. Canada Poutine Thickburger

ghostmind

hwLWtwA.png

This has been out for a bit now, but I thought I would raise awareness of its awesomeness.

Sakura

As if the poutine wasn't enough they had to throw some chips on there too.
How many calories are in this thing?

Serrato

I like that Carl's Jr are all but near the actual Poutine Country, Québec.

But Canada in itself seems to have adopted the Poutine as a Canadian food. Oh well, Québécois are Canadians anyway.

There were Carl's Jr. in Ontario and I didn't know????

Besides In N'Out my fast food weakness in the US is Jack in the Box.

And yes I get made fun of when I visit.

Seems like it would be messy, but I'd try it... or at least a competitor's since Carl's Jr. is basically nonexistant around here.

.JayZii

Banned
Looks like the kind of sandwich you should take home, lock yourself in your room, turn up the stereo to hide the noise, cover your head with a cloth, and eat in the dark.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Guelph one closed over a year ago, some shitty food even for fast food.
I think Carl's Jr. is actually one of the better fast food chains... a thickburger is one of the more real burgers you can get at a chain.

That's a first.
Harvey's is great too.

Can't we reserve our disdain for an actual shit chain like Tim Horton's?

Aim_Ed

I think Carl's Jr. is actually one of the better fast food chains... a thickburger is one of the more real burgers you can get at a chain.

I've only gone twice, both times it was the driest most tasteless burger.

But I've never had a thick burger.

Edit: Did I just double post? :(

And yeah, Tim Horton's isn't actual food.

BocoDragon

Carls Jr is almost exclusively in western Canada. This is quite something though...
It just arrived in Western Canada a couple years ago, so presumably it will take over the east eventually.

It's funny because apparently Carl's Jr. Is older than McDonald's. It's just way late to Canada.

Kinsei

Banned
I had no clue Carl's Jr was even in Canada.

Harvey's is great too.

Can't we reserve our disdain for an actual shit chain like Tim Horton's?

We should save our disdain for crap like McDonalds. At least Tim's has ice capps.

BocoDragon

We should save our disdain for crap like McDonalds. At least Tim's has ice capps.
I will give you that one point.

I just hate their sandwiches... and I'm forced to eat them quite a bit because Tim Horton's is everywhere, especially when I'm going through small towns.

LordOfChaos

Smokes is drunk poutine only. It's trash tier in terms of Canadian poutine.

I agree, it's just the one more people know ;)

There's a hole in the wall accross the street from Smokes here called Willy's, which is much much better.

largepoutinesmall.jpg

This is now a hunger thread

I do like Carl's Jr (there's one in downtown Vancouver!) However, I'm too much of a poutine snob to ever try this, fast food poutine is generally vile.

Top Bottom