• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

’24 Eyes Return As Limited Series On Fox, Kiefer Sutherland In Talks

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyFive

12 episode season isn't even a problem if it ended up being that short. It would work like the first half of Season 1, which was produced to be standalone in case it was never picked up for a full season. And it's one of the best stretches of episodes in the series.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
12 episode season isn't even a problem if it ended up being that short. It would work like the first half of Season 1, which was produced to be standalone in case it was never picked up for a full season. And it's one of the best stretches of episodes in the series.

yep

and i know that they clearly didn't have the plot paced for a full season, because they had to resort to a damn amnesia plot like two episodes later.

Exactly. There's no reason they can't tell a compelling story in 12-13 episodes.

Squire

Banned
But then it will just be Homeland. 24 is not 24 without real-time storytelling.

You can have urgency and immediacy without real-time. Carrie deals with issues over a period of weeks. Jack has a day. Removing the abititrary gimmick of real-time will let the story move faster and be better altogether.

And it's a limited series, so I prefer they stress quality rather then sticking to some played out rules for the sake of. It's not like it's not 24 if it's not in real-time. You still have Jack, CTU, and a plot that (probably) takes place over the course of one day, whether we see every minute of that day or not.

strafer

It's official.

24 is back.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/kie...or-more-24-new-limited-series-is-a-go-at-fox/

Going to be announced later today I guess during Fox's upfront thing.

0258_mm8k.gif
0258_mm8k.gif

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I just wanted some 2 hour made for tv movies like Perry Mason/Matlock had that would go on for 10+ years

andycapps

I tuned out of the last couple seasons as it was just too formulaic by that point. They need to do something to change it up.

strafer

FOX has ordered 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY, a thrilling new tent-pole event series set torestart the clock on the groundbreaking and Emmy Award-winning drama franchisestarring Kiefer Sutherland. Produced by 20th Century Fox Television, Imagine Television andHoward Gordon’s Teakwood Lane Productions, 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY will make itshistoric debut in the summer of 2014 on FOX.

Theannouncement was made this morning by Kevin Reilly, Chairman, Fox BroadcastingCompany; Dana Walden and Gary Newman, Chairmen, Twentieth Century FoxTelevision; and Brian Grazer, Chairman, Imagine Entertainment.

Thehigh-octane saga will reunite showrunner Howard Gordon with Sutherland andretain the real-time, pulse-pounding, fast-pacedformat with split screens and complex interweaving storylines, with 12 episodesrepresenting 24 hours. The suspenseful event series once again follows theexploits of heroic agent JACK BAUER (Sutherland), who will resume hisstory several years following the events of the final season.

“It’sgreat to have Jack back. ‘24’ redefined the drama genre, and as wereimagine the television miniseries, this iconic show will again break newground for the network,” said Reilly. “The series remains a global sensation,and everyone at FOX is thrilled to be back at work with Kiefer, Howard and theincredibly creative ‘24’ team.”

“When Howard came to us saying he had an idea for a new chapter of‘24,’ he quite simply had us at ‘hello,’” remarked 20th Century FoxTelevision Chairmen Gary Newman and Dana Walden. “’24’ is a signature seriesfor this studio, beloved by critics and audiences worldwide. Howard’s idea torevive the franchise as an event series couldn’t be timelier, and with thebrilliant Kiefer Sutherland on board to reprise his iconic role, we can’t waitto get started.”

Added Imagine Television Chairman Brian Grazer, “I'mboth excited and proud that Howard, Kiefer, and I, along with ours partners at 20th and Fox, have this new opportunityto give ‘24’ fans what they've been asking for – more Jack Bauer. It's been myexperience that people love Jack Bauer because he's a guy who cuts through thered tape and gets the hardest things done. I am certain 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAYwill again have a huge impact on our culture.”
“The response to ‘24’ is unlike anything I haveever experienced as an actor before,” noted Sutherland. “To have the chance toreunite with the character, Jack Bauer, is like finding a lost friend. Thestory ideas from Howard Gordon are exciting and fresh, and will not disappoint.Great thanks to 20th Century Fox Television, Imagine Televisionand the FOX network for this opportunity. Make no mistake, my goal is toknock your socks off. See you soon.”

“JackBauer has always been an exciting, thrilling character, and I confess that I’vemissed him. I think the audience has too,” said executive producer HowardGordon who served as showrunner for most of the series’ run and won multipleEmmy Awards for his work. “The character hasevolved through the years, and this new and exciting event series format isperfect to tell the next chapter of his story and continue to reflect how theworld is changing. Fans can rest assured that the Jack they know and love willbe back.”

Originallypremiering November 6, 2001, ‘24’ was nominated for a total of 73 Emmy Awards,winning for Outstanding Drama Series in 2006. Over eight seasons, KieferSutherland garnered seven Emmy Award nominations and one win for Outstanding LeadActor – Drama Series. While the series gained global recognition, Sutherland’sportrayal of the legendary character penetrated the American psyche like noother dramatic television character to become part of the cultural lexicon.

24:LIVE ANOTHER DAY is a production of 20th Century Fox Television andImagine Television in association with Teakwood Lane Productions. HowardGordon, Brian Grazer and Kiefer Sutherland will executive produce, along withan additional team to be announced. The original series, which had its lastAmerican broadcast on May 24, 2010, was created by Joel Surnow and RobertCochran.

j-wood

YESSSSSSS.

YES. Who is the new mole going to be? Will Jack still be unstoppable? Can he still function on no sleep? WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?! So many questions!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member

ha!

I watched until about season 6 and enjoyed, but by god this series went on waay too long.

The neat idea of having it happen all in one day actually blatantly worked against it by the end and they had to just keep insisting that stuff was happening in one hour despite Jack Bauer just warping all over the city.

Kiefer sutherland should just do a different action show that isn't 24. The idea is way past tapped out.

I think many are forgetting how the second half of the series was UNDERPOWERED BAUER HOUR.

so much this. Jack Bauer season 3+ was like watching Michael Jackson in the later years and remembering the early years while doing so. heartbreaking stuff.

Vestal

Gold Member
Interesting so they are still covering a day, but going to cut out a lot of the filler.
Maybe 1hr will go between episodes.. Dunno how they will do it.. Maybe accelerate the clock between commercials?

think the 2nd option would work better.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
He's finished voice acting near infinite pages of MGSV already?

We all know Kojima doesn't actually write that stuff. The actors get in the studio and just adlib the entire plot and story for MGS games.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So 12 more episodes of Bauer saving the world and getting zero goddamn respect!

...and hopefully the return of sideways swat guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom