• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

¡¡¡¡¡ Street Fighter 4 announced !!!!! (and Dark Void, and Lost Planet PS3, and more)

JdFoX187

Banned
Glad to hear PS3 owners are going to get to enjoy Lost Planet. But I laugh at the talk of "extra content." All the maps are free on Xbox LIVE. The characters would be awesome though, maybe in DLC for the 360 version?

But Street Fighter IV...omg, SEX!

SpudBud

Nerevar said:
LP going to PS3 ... matters about as much as the 360 getting Devil May Cry (i.e. only the fanboys care, it's not a system-seller, etc).

I wonder if any pathetic xbox fanboys are going to start a petition against Capcom now that LP is multiplatform :lol
It's been a year since the game's release, I don't think they care too much.

PhatSaqs said:
11570.jpg

Nice sticker there MS :lol

Wasn't that already kind of pooped on, what with the PC version being released and all?

Orlics

proposition said:
It would be a hell of a kick to the nuts of 360 owners. I hope it doesn't happen.

Wow, you make it sound as if all they have to do is flick a switch and bam, PC graphics.

AdmiralViscen said:
So the only on 360 logo is officially meaningless? Or is this the 'changed subtitle' trick that was hinted at a while ago?

Yeah I'm thinking it's Lost Planet Colonies or MS better do away with the "Only ON Xbox 360" logo because as of now it means nothing.

Calcaneus

If SF4 comes out on all consoles, that move alone will solidify Capcoms place in my heart.

Best third party developer ever!

Phoenix Fang said:
Yeah I'm thinking it's Lost Planet Colonies or MS better do away with the "Only ON Xbox 360" logo because as of now it means nothing.

Since when has a 'Only on ____' ever meant anything?

proposition said:
It would be a hell of a kick to the nuts of 360 owners. I hope it doesn't happen.

Really? Like Oblivion did? It'll be coming out a year later. A graphical upgrade would not be out of the question. And the 360 version already looked pretty fucking great.

nofi

Diablohead said:
PS3 owners who have not yet played lost planet, do so. Amazing fun game and has a worthy online mode that I still play today.

I didn't like the single player, but multiplayer was cool, yeah. No doubt I'll buy it again on PS3...

Mojovonio said:
lol,

lots you excited PS3 owners will be very let down by Lost Planet.

I bet you have NO friends.

PhatSaqs said:
http://www.gamershell.com/static/boxart/large/11570.jpg[img]
Nice sticker there MS :lol[/QUOTE]
Those stickers only mean limited time, they just make it sound like it's a forever thing.

Same story with xbox 1 games. If you ever see that on a box most of the time it means the xbox gets it first by quite a few months.

Mango Positive said:
Could it be that they already announced the PSN version and this just announces the XBLA version?

o_0

And please folks try not to get too hyped up for Lost Planet. Yes the main character is good looking and the ice looks really cold but it's not even in the same galaxy as the great Capcom games.

AdmiralViscen said:
So the only on 360 logo is officially meaningless? Or is this the 'changed subtitle' trick that was hinted at a while ago?

Please, any "only on" logos are pretty much meaningless this gen unless the games are wholly owned by the platform holder. I figure anything that wasn't bought and paid for is fair game, and the "changed subtitle" trick will be used in full force.

And LOL at folks trying to use this as a "take that!" at the Xbox fanboys. They had the game exclusive for an entire year. I doubt anybody is that upset in the MS camp.

Now if SF4 or this Void game get PS3 exclusivity, that's something to crow about.

Xekrn

Banned
Nerevar said:
LP going to PS3 ... matters about as much as the 360 getting Devil May Cry (i.e. only the fanboys care, it's not a system-seller, etc).

I wonder if any pathetic xbox fanboys are going to start a petition against Capcom now that LP is multiplatform :lol
LOL
Most 360 LP players have already beaten the game about 8 months ago. Do you think they will care much about this?

Azrael

A port of Dead Rising would have been better (although maybe that's in the works too). But it's good to see more people are willing to fess up to Lost Planet's mediocrity now =P. It wasn't that long ago that people were claiming it was better than Resistance.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Chû Totoro said:
I really hope SF4 to be at least as good as 3rd strike.
That's a tall order....but dammit Im with ya. We need to know who is on the dev team...fucking stat!

RavenFox

Banned
Dabanton said:
So nothing we didn't already guess

Lost Planet for PS3 is good news but would have preferred a sequel.

SF4 very good news please be 2D...

It damn well better be in 2d.

Seiken said:
Haha, you're not serious now are you?
1044729t.jpg

Wooooooooooooo

StevieP said:
Not a chance.

If you meant the PS3 cannot do those DX10 effects then your wrong. If you meant Capcom wont upgrade the graphics you may be right. I don't see why they shouldn't though. :)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Phoenix Fang said:

Only On is good for timed exclusive, it happens all the time.
A 6 month exclusive window is good enough for an Only On sticker.

Lost Planet is hardly the first time this has happend :lol

PhatSaqs

Banned
Only On is good for timed exclusive, it happens all the time.
AFAIK this is only the second time since XB1. Enlighten?

Wasnt there a rumor that MS helped foot the $20 million marketing bill for the game as well? Double :lol :lol

bud

AdmiralViscen said:

they probably meant to say ''only playable on 360,'' but those crazy workers who oversee the printing process probably tried to do teh funnay and remove the ''playable'' part. not funny.

Street Fight IV is great news , I would rather both companies ponied up cross platform play instead of exclusivity but we know that will never happen.

Lost Planet = meh.
Was never interested in this game and that is not going to change just because it is on the PS3.
I would have been more interested in Dead Rising.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I still can't believe it. Oh my GOD.

MisterHero

If SFIV is anything like SFII, SFAlpha, and SFIII, despite years of waiting fans will get upset over "balance issues" (my own complaint is uber-cheap CPU AI) then a "2nd Verse" and "3rd Crescendo" will be subsequently released.

BUT STREET FIGHTER IV!!!!

theBishop

Banned
Dr. Zoidberg said:
And LOL at folks trying to use this as a "take that!" at the Xbox fanboys. They had the game exclusive for an entire year. I doubt anybody is that upset in the MS camp.

Now if SF4 or this Void game get PS3 exclusivity, that's something to crow about.

Definitely. If Capcom is charging $60 for it, the joke is definitely not on Xbox owners.

A Dead Rising port might just be not worth it anymore considering the game's been out for more than a year.

Well, unless they add co-op or something to it, then maybe.

Top Bottom