• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘P3RE’ Domain Updated, Indicating Potential Persona 3 Remake Upcoming Announcement at Xbox showcase

j.k.2021

Banned
Same thing has happened with past Atlus games.

“PQ2.JP” was registered on April 18, 2017 and its nameservers were moved on July 27, 2017. The game was formally announced 6 days later, at the “Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb!!!! 2017” concert on August 2, 2017.

“PERSONA-DANCE.JP” was registered on April 18, 2017 and its nameservers were moved on July 28, 2017. The games were formally announced 5 days later, at the “Persona Super Live P-Sound Bomb!!!! 2017” concert on August 2, 2017.

“FULLBODY.JP” was registered on October 31, 2017 and its nameservers were moved on December 11, 2017. The game was formally announced 8 days later independently.

“P5R.JP” was registered on April 11, 2017 and its nameserverswere changed on December 25, 2018. The game was teased 5 days later during a special 1-hour broadcast for Persona 5 the Animation.

Credit goes to...https://personacentral.com/p3re-domain/
More info...https://wccftech.com/persona-3-remake-domain-update-announcement/

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

ryan reynolds hd GIF

night13x

P3 prob is the one that needs a reboot the most. Story technically was never ended properly even in FES / P4A and too many versions with QoL features spread out. a solidified remake might be a good thing. Could argue 1 and 2 needs a remake also, but that is a story for a different time.

diffusionx

Gold Member
it is a PS2 game. A Remake is very much needed imo.
The game is available on all platforms. It plays fine. It absolutely does not need to be remade. This idea that every single game from X generations ago needs to be completely remade is crazy and completely unsustainable, and gives these studios an excuse to just rehash old shit than actually make stuff that exceeds it.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The game is available on all platforms. It plays fine. It absolutely does not need to be remade. This idea that every single game from X generations ago needs to be completely remade is crazy and completely unsustainable, and gives these studios an excuse to just rehash old shit than actually make stuff that exceeds it.

The version available is the incredibly cut-down PSP version, so there is a very real reason to want a proper remake in this case, IMO.

BryceNobody

Have you played vanilla P3? The gameplay’s aged like a decade-old carton of milk.

Katsura Hashino, who led the overall creative vision of the franchise for P3 onward, moved on in 2016 after P5. This is probably a decent way to let P-Studio navigate how to make a Persona game without his involvement (and not starting completely from scratch).

I’ll gladly take a P3 Remake over more P5 stuff.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
The version available is the incredibly cut-down PSP version, so there is a very real reason to want a proper remake in this case, IMO.
You’re not going to get the ideal version of every game ever made for all time on every new platform as it comes out. At some point a line has to be drawn.

Like in 10 years people are going to be asking about a RE4 Remake Remake, this ride never ends.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Fantastic, the best Persona imo and don't get me wrong this is cool that it's coming to Xbox.
But Atlus seriously has problem with their fanbase announcing it at the Xbox Showcase like they did the Remasters.

Last edited:
Don't buy it then. No need to explain why you aren't interested.

I, on the other hand, look forward to it. I love remakes of games I would have likely replayed anyway.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
Dude, there's no definitive version of P3 out there.

PSP port (which is the recent re-release we got) has more interesting gameplay and design, but an abysmal production quality. PS2 original on the other hand is better looking overall, but you lack a lot of combat possibilities and features.

This remake is much needed, stop being a bitch about it.

adamsapple

You’re not going to get the ideal version of every game ever made for all time on every new platform as it comes out. At some point a line has to be drawn.

Like in 10 years people are going to be asking about a RE4 Remake Remake, this ride never ends.

Right, but you're raising a whole different question about the ethics of remakes, which is a broader discussion.

In this specific case, Persona 3 is locked to the PS2. The source code of the game is reportedly in literal tatters and the only version of the game that has been ported forward is the visual novel conversion from the PSP, which a lot of fans have shown their obvious displeasure at.

So a remake makes a lot of sense. If there is fan demand for it. And the possibility that the remake will merge together both the expanded FES content and the female MC they added for P3P in a single package.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Name spoiler it seems

Persona 3 Reload

Should have gone for a turn on the word Evoker instead, it would fit with the narrative.

edit: New leak from the source also suggests it will have a November release and will be on PS/Xbox (and PC too?)

That's nice.

Last edited:

reksveks

Should have gone for a turn on the word Evoker instead, it would fit with the narrative.

edit: New leak from the source also suggests it will have a November release and will be on PS/Xbox (and PC too?)

That's nice.
The name is cause the guns, no?

Last edited:

And who’s going to draw the line that you speak of?

giphy.webp

YukiOnna

The one that's available is a cut-down genre changed version. P3 has zero definitive version unlike 4 and 5, which got that treatment. It's also the perfect warm up game for the entirely new team to add on as 6 is probably still in early development since Hashino and other leads work on a new IP.

This is also where they can give it the Royal treatment if they want in Story content with the damn tease through the fighting games.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Out of all the games, this one DOES need a remake to combine FES and P3P functionality.

My pessimism tells me Atlus won’t make this definitive at launch. FES Epilogue and/or Female Campaign might be sold separately at some point lol.

adamsapple

My pessimism tells me Atlus won’t make this definitive at launch. FES Epilogue and/or Female Campaign might be sold separately at some point lol.

Hmm, if this were a new game I would agree, but this is a known quantity so I'm more optimistic that the remake will at least have FES, if not the P3P content.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
This is an acid test for a bunch of the 'insiders' that have been getting reported on. People are finally commiting to specific details and announcements, so an extra benefit of this will be cutting some of the noise on future speculation.

I hope.

adamsapple

Pretty much lol. Atlus wouldn’t have budged on an Xbox version had Microsoft not greased the wheels.

Good. More people get a chance to play the game now.

Reminder: This is the art style going by the leaked presentation video (if real)

FyDg9flXwAE3gAa

Last edited:
Good. More people get a chance to play the game now.

Reminder: This is the art style going by the leaked presentation video (if real)

FyDg9flXwAE3gAa

I don't have an issue that more people may get to play the game. However it's still worth just keeping in mind why people primarily on a certain platform are even getting the chance to. It's not because they've had a history of supporting these games at retail. I don't even think P5R's engagement on Game Pass was that great in spite of going there, despite all the supposed demand High on Life beat it for biggest Game Pass release of 2022, considerably so apparently.

We don't even know if P3R will be in Game Pass Day 1; if it isn't I'd hope more Xbox people pick it up than they did Soul Hackers 2.

YukiOnna

Hmm, if this were a new game I would agree, but this is a known quantity so I'm more optimistic that the remake will at least have FES, if not the P3P content.
I think people are crazy to expect FeMC. I find she only existed to compensate for the fact that the game had a genre change into full visual novel w/ short battle segments, so they pushed more story elements. Both sides social links differ quite a lot, too.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Old games don't need total remakes most of the time, but at least QoL, specially regarding game save, they sure as hell do. P3 is a special case though, they can't remaster the original game it seems, so they rather remake it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
The one that's available is a cut-down genre changed version. P3 has zero definitive version unlike 4 and 5, which got that treatment. It's also the perfect warm up game for the entirely new team to add on as 6 is probably still in early development since Hashino and other leads work on a new IP.

This is also where they can give it the Royal treatment if they want in Story content with the damn tease through the fighting games.
It's not a "genre changed" version, just an interface change. Instead of running around with a character you're using a cursor, but it's the same game with the same dungeons, combat (actually a bit enhanced), interactions, etc. It's completely intact. The game plays fine and is extremely good. It got 80s on Metacritic FFS. Not for the PSP, for the recent ports.

The weird thing about this remake craze, is that publishers seem to choose more popular games with more ports and more success over ones that would arguably be more intriguing for fans and could open up niche games to wider audiences. For example, Resident Evil 4 got remade over, say, Code Veronica which is a much more niche game with more archaic controls. Even though Resident Evil 4 has been ported to everything and played by everyone. Now, the RE4 remake was well done, but again, you could play this game on new platforms very easily. Others in this thread mentioned P1/P2 which is another perfect example, these games are totally forgotten and abandoned, yet Atlus chooses to devote resources to remaking a game it just ported to every platform. The incentives are totally perverse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom