• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Surprising’ Dragon Quest news teased for June 10-due issue of Weekly Shonen Jump

Bullet Club

Banned
News about news!

‘Surprising’ Dragon Quest news teased for June 10-due issue of Weekly Shonen Jump

Dragon Quest XI S "Voice Drama" DLC? Dragon Quest Monsters?

hzMFcDk.jpg

The June 10-due issue of Weekly Shonen Jump will contain “surprising news” on the Dragon Quest series, according to this week’s issue.

Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii previously said he would share information about the “Voice Drama” downloadable content for Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition. It has also been a while since the new Dragon Quest Monsters game for console was confirmed.

Stay tuned.

Source: Gematsu

Reactions: TLZ

Raph64

Or maybe Eldrick announced for Smash ? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Although I could likely see Nintendo rather announce him during the E3 Smash Tournament.

Fbh

I'd guess the extra content on Switch will be coming to PS4 too.

Would be nice since it's one of the things that has kept me from buying the game

But with the Switch version being published by Nintendo I'd be surprised if they didn't have at least a timed exclusive deal for that content

Having the extra content locked to a new release for a while Is also a good way to get some people to double dip

Last edited:
I'm hoping that it is a Switch port of DQ9, but I'll settle for Switch ports for DQ7 and DQ8. I also wouldn't say no to DQ Heroes 3. Extra DQ11 Switch content coming to the PS4 would basically be the least surprising announcement this side of "water is wet".

sublimit

Banned
I actually stopped playing the game, waiting for the S edition for ps4.
DQXI is one of my top 5 games this gen but i honestly think i had more than enough with it (200+ hours,platinum etc) and even if they bring the extra content to PS4 i can't imagine myself getting back to it anytime soon.The game felt 100% complete and i'm really content with it as it is.
Would be great for new players though or people like you who haven't finished it yet.

DonF

Gold Member
DQXI is one of my top 5 games this gen but i honestly think i had more than enough with it (200+ hours,platinum etc) and even if they bring the extra content to PS4 i can't imagine myself getting back to it anytime soon.The game felt 100% complete and i'm really content with it as it is.
Would be great for new players though or people like you who haven't finished it yet.
Exactly why I stopped playing. I know that if I finish the game or play more, I will end up not playing the "complete edition".

Hell, even if it turns out to be switch exclusive I will mentally block the game, knowing that there is a better version.

I know myself all too well.

Bolivar687

Banned
Would like a remake, DQXI was fine but not enough to make me keep playing and see it through.

Last edited:

Saber

Would be cool if it ends up creating a new game plus or something.

Or perhaps the things that the Switch version gonna add(I don't remember them though).

Last edited:

Yumi

Would like a remake, DQXI was fine but not enough to make me keep playing and see it through.

Now that you mention it, Dragon Quest 8 made in unreal engine doesbt seem so implausible. Im betting its just the Switch S version for other versions.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I like replaying games I enjoy even they are long, I replayed both Persona 5 and Xenoblade 2 3-4 times and I was planning to replay DQXI again but Switch with extra feature announced. So I'm wait to get that Switch version, but if they announce those extra feature coming to PS4 version then I have no reason to get it for Switch.

sublimit

Banned
I like replaying games I enjoy even they are long, I replayed both Persona 5 and Xenoblade 2 3-4 times and I was planning to replay DQXI again but Switch with extra feature announced. So I'm wait to get that Switch version, but if they announce those extra feature coming to PS4 version then I have no reason to get it for Switch.
I like to replay games too but very rarely so soon after i first played them. But there are a couple of exceptions that i've even replayed them consequently.

For DQXI even though i love the game i don't feel like it to replay it so (relatively) soon. If they release the new content for PS4 and they are available without having to replay the whole game then i'll definitely play them right away. :)

Top Bottom