• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Tomb Raider’ Live Action From Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Dial of Destiny Actress) Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member
MixCollage-14-May-2024-07-03-AM-9574.jpg

https://deadline.com/2024/05/tomb-raider-phoebe-waller-bridge-amazon-1235915370/
Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s adaptation of video game Tomb Raider is scaling the walls at Amazon.

The streamer has handed the project a series order.

The news was revealed by Head of Amazon & MGM Studios Jen Salke at the company’s Upfront event in New York, who called it an “epic” and “globe-trotting” series.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
The last one with Alicia Vikander was pretty bad so not really down with this and the ones with Angelina Jolie was crap as well. Tomb Raider doesn't work on the big screen. Plus it's on Amazon

Vomit Eww GIF by The Bachelor Australia

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Disgusting.

Look, she was great and perfect for Fleabag but casting her as Lara Croft... My dudes, what are you doing.

Didnt read the article.....or the thread huh?

Shes writing.
The producer is someone who clearly loves videogames.
Sonic, Sonic 2, Sleeping Dogs and now Tomb Raider.
Theres hope.

Whats really interesting is that we are getting a Spider-Man Noir series......led by Nic Cage?

hinch7

Didnt read the article.....or the thread huh?

Shes writing.
The producer is someone who clearly loves videogames.
Sonic, Sonic 2, Sleeping Dogs and now Tomb Raider.
Theres hope.

Whats really interesting is that we are getting a Spider-Man Noir series......led by Nic Cage?
I did read the article and biggest job she had in writing was.. No Time to Die. Which was just terribly mid.

Black_Stride

I did read the article and biggest job she had in writing was.. No Time to Die. Which was just terribly mid.

We really gonna downplay Killing Eve and Fleabag.
Granted Killing Eve jumped the shark in the later seasons IMO.....it was a hell of a show.

Funny how the movie series peaked with the first two and even another film down the line, that seemed more based on the latest games series, than raiding tombs and globetrotting adventures. They now seem to be heading far away from what made the games popular.

Halo stands as a warning to any games to series ideas. Especially with the ‘we know better than the fans’ thoughts, that the creative types have

Maybe as a writer producer. But lead and series star. That will be a hard no from me (I still weep for what they done to Indiana jones)

old-parts

Deep down maybe she it doing it to prove Indy DoD wasn't her fault, she was miss cast for that role.

Steven Spielberg did something similar after Indy Crystal Skull with the Tintin movie he did.

Black_Stride

Funny how the movie series peaked with the first two and even another film down the line, that seemed more based on the latest games series, than raiding tombs and globetrotting adventures. They now seem to be heading far away from what made the games popular.

Halo stands as a warning to any games to series ideas. Especially with the ‘we know better than the fans’ thoughts, that the creative types have

Maybe as a writer producer. But lead and series star. That will be a hard no from me (I still weep for what they done to Indiana jones)

You say this as if we didnt just get a great Fallout series and 2 great Sonic movies.(fight me)
If we only look at failures these things will never get adapted.

Granted i didnt even bother watching the Alicia Vikander Tomb Raider movie.....so I have no idea how bad or good it was.
But I liked the reboot series.....all of them,

Justice for the OG face too.....that chick was banging.
c56ejuxvziz41.jpg

I love that this post is like "Oh her biggest writing credit is like, only a FUCKING BOND MOVIE"
Hahahaha I know right.
Whats a writer gotta do to get some credit.
Considering Fleabag and Killing Eve are also her credits people are still nahhh sucks!

Black_Stride

Whats up? Everyone has a right to be worried after Indiana Jones and No Time to Die.

She didnt write Dial of Destiny and acting like No Time To Die is garbage is some serious revisionist shit.
Going further and ignoring Fleabag and Killing Eve really looks like people just want to be angry about something.

She's a good writer, but Amazon will fuck this into the dirt with wokeness.
What?

Cyborg

Whats up? Everyone has a right to be worried after Indiana Jones and No Time to Die.
She is being judged on her looks and for being a woman. Comments as ''disgusting'' or ''ew'' are not directed toward her acting/writing. Sometimes I think some of you have no women in your life. I wonder how your (generally speaking) mother or sister would feel if people talked about them like that.

clarky

Gold Member
She didnt write Dial of Destiny and acting like No Time To Die is garbage is some serious revisionist shit.
Going further and ignoring Fleabag and Killing Eve really looks like people just want to be angry about something.

What?
Killing eve is fucking awful, unless your hot on BBC drama.

Nothing Revisionist about NTTD, i couldn't even finish it, is boring.

She's in Dial of Destiny, thats enough.

Fleabag I have not seen.

For for me she's 0 for 3, with me not seeing the 4th option.

What? Yes i have a different opinion to yours. Unbelievable eh?

Last edited:

hinch7

We really gonna downplay Killing Eve and Fleabag.
Granted Killing Eve jumped the shark in the later seasons IMO.....it was a hell of a show.
Don't care for BBC/BBC-like drama. Not sure how well she'd do, for something like Tomb Raider. Just not a fan of her work from what I've seen.

Could turn out to be okay like Fallout, who knows.

clarky

Gold Member
She is being judged on her looks and for being a woman. Comments as ''disgusting'' or ''ew'' are not directed toward her acting/writing. Sometimes I think some of you have no women in your life. I wonder how your (generally speaking) mother or sister would feel if people talked about them like that.
99% of actors are judged in some part on their looks, not that it matters here as she's the writer, which is where my (and most other) concerns are not that she's a woman. Get over it.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
95m1x7q3kh451.jpg

Lara Croft has always been about looks. That’s all anyone is judging here too. Not outlandish at all.

It would be no different if someone thought to cast Jack Black as Leon Kennedy and all of us would be “ewwwing” that too.

Cyborg

99% of actors are judged in some part on their looks, not that it matters here as she's the writer, which is where my (and most other) concerns are not that she's a woman. Get over it.
I have my doubts :) but if you say so.

Top Bottom