• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Yandere Simulator’ Main Dev Discovered to be a Groomer, Development Team abandons the game.

Tripolygon

Banned
Agreed. From what I've picked up on over the past several years, these sentiments seem to stem from feminism. As in, some late 30s-early 40s woman is jealous and insecure about the fact that most males tend to be attracted to younger females and will pursue them if they are physically attractive and financially stable enough to do so. On the other hand, it's completely understandable that the father and mother of an 18 year old female/male would have an issue with some 40 year old guy trying to bang their offspring. lol

she's 16, so yes not pedophilia; I've mentioned this many times, calling this stupid liberal use of the word infuriatingly disrespectful to actual victims of pedophilia; but gaf doesn't care, heck most people in the US don't care because they don't bother to look up what the word actually means, they just assume everything under 18 because that's what the age of consent is for them; it's fucking insane, but I've stopped caring anymore, use the word however wrong y'all want.

On a side note, why is nobody actually reading the details? The victim herself says this isn't true and he was basically set up.
You are both overthinking this. Yes there is an English word that differentiates the two, but colloquially, Pedo is a catch all phrase for anyone who is sexually attracted to minors. And between ages 0 - 17 you are considered a minor.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
You are both overthinking this.
No I'm fucking not, there's a very real distinction for a damn good reason, and the only reason why people (mostly US) use it as a "catch all" is because they have no idea what the word actually means; it's infuriating and stupid and y'all should stop it, and here I am talking about it again even though I'm tired of it and don't want to anymore, done for real now. Stay ignorant and use it in this ridiculous fashion if you want.

-Minsc-

the minefield is unfortunate. it's not like there's a shortage of other subjects people could talk to children about.
but with allegations like these, the mere notion of a chat nowadays has horrifying connotations.

Especially now that I'm older I can see how it's not a good idea to be chatting with kids on the internet. They live in a completely different world.

This makes me think I should be more cautious when playing online in Minetest. I can take it for granted and assume the people are at least in their twenties. Thankfully in the server I'm playing on nobody seems to talk about their outside lives. If they do then that is a good indication to keep my distance.

Old geezers unite. It is amusing that in the eyes of a teen I'm now an old man in his 40's. Definitely don't feel old yet.

Sage advice for any younger (or older) guys: don't look to meet women online on a forum, social media, online game or something like discord. Learn to go talk to them face to face.

Top Bottom