• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Little Monsters” - Lupita Nyong’o stars in zombie movie

Nymphae

Banned
I just watched Little Monsters with Fred Savage. Not as good as I remember it being when I was a kid, but still pre-woke era so it was like a breath of fresh air.

cryptoadam

Banned
I just watched Little Monsters with Fred Savage. Not as good as I remember it being when I was a kid, but still pre-woke era so it was like a breath of fresh air.

what an odd "kids movie". Its kinda depressing with the whole divorce angle. The kids and Savage are actually pretty mean spirited. Mandell was a really a cheap man's Robin Williams, and I mean really discount ghetto. Savage is like a 35 year old man stuck in a kids body its hard to buy him as a kid even though he is one. And then the supposed underworld was some of the lamest set design I may have seen. What a world of wonderment LOL.

But its still a kinda decent kids movie that doesn't really sugar coat anything, deals with real issues and is a bit scary too.

I think the Wizard was the better movie.

Nymphae

Banned
And then the supposed underworld was some of the lamest set design I may have seen. What a world of wonderment LOL.

That's what struck me the most revisiting this, I couldn't believe how low rent the underworld sets were. As kid it seemed so eerie and sprawling to me. It's funny that they add those little fairy sprites that zip around the screen, without those the place would just look like skid row even more than it already does.

But its still a kinda decent kids movie that doesn't really sugar coat anything, deals with real issues and is a bit scary too.

Yeah I found the monster designs oddly creepy, the underworld is like a bunch of Beetlejuice extras or something.

I also got a laugh from the token strong female friend. As I'm fond of saying here, these types of roles have existed for as long as I have been able to understand the media being presented to me. The script makes the girl so hamfistedly interested in science it makes you laugh. But here we are 30 years later and the media just keeps telling me that men hate women and don't want them in media, and we need more strong female roles and digs at male characters to right these wrongs.

sol_bad

Looks good and Lupita is so darn hot.

*EDIT*
What the hell, trailer came out in July?

Last edited:
Top Bottom