• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“The New Mutants” - 2020

Release date: August 28, 2020

Disney has rescheduled the theatrical release for New Mutants and Ron's Gone Wrong

New Mutants will not release on streaming platforms, but it will finally hit theaters this summer, according to Deadline. The much-delayed Fox/Marvel film will debut in theaters on August 28 (Labor Day Weekend), following a set of unfortunate setbacks and rumors that it would release on Hulu or Disney Plus.

New trailer, been over two years since the first teaser hit

Will follow with more details

shut me down if old

Another link in case of region lock

Last edited:
My only question is, are The New Mutants going to appear in the MCU? I know Kevin Feige said that the X-Men were years away from appearing, but it seems like such a waste to not use these characters and the actors who were cast.

I was under the impression that this is now under the MCU umbrella, am I wrong?

Last edited:
This is the movie that was filmed in 2017.

Release
The New Mutants is set to be released in the United States on April 3, 2020.It was originally set to be released on April 13, 2018, before being delayed to February 22, 2019, to avoid Deadpool 2, and then to August 2, 2019, to avoid Dark Phoenix. It was delayed to April 3, 2020, by Disney after that studio acquired Fox.

Last edited:
I'll be happy if we get a scene/shot framed like this with Magik posing like this

New_Mutants.jpg

one of my favorite characters

NEW_MUTANTS_MOCK_TRADE_360x_large_e374854e-c580-46b9-80ce-b447abcd3fe3_large.jpg

Last edited:
You are incorrect, it is not MCU related at all.
:)

is it one hundred percent confirmed that it wasn't reshot or re-edited last minute in even a small way to reflect new Disney ownership?

I only ask because I have seen random speculation that a single scene or even just a single line of dialogue was added to open a small reference to MCU presence without impacting the original cut of the movie much at all

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
is it one hundred percent confirmed that it wasn't reshot or re-edited last minute in even a small way to reflect new Disney ownership?

I only ask because I have seen random speculation that a single scene or even just a single line of dialogue was added to open a small reference to MCU presence without impacting the original cut of the movie much at all

It's not MCU. Doesn't have the Marvel Studios logo, and there weren't reshoots. They just edited it after Kinberg was jettisoned from the Disney lot following the Dark Phoenix flop.

Hinedorf

Banned
The girl playing Magick is hot, sucks this movie is made by Fox, it's like the box office seal of a second rate really shitty super hero movie I might catch on cable television in 7 years

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
They've delayed it so much that they should use this to just kick start the M Rated Marvel MCU films. The kids in this are all adults now near enough, use Deadpool 3 to bridge this into their own full fledged X-Force movie. Wolfsbane is in there and Magik can go hard with Deadpool. If Feige was smart he'd do this, fuck all this PG-13 mega money Disney wants.

They've delayed it so much that they should use this to just kick start the M Rated Marvel MCU films. The kids in this are all adults now near enough, use Deadpool 3 to bridge this into their own full fledged X-Force movie. Wolfsbane is in there and Magik can go hard with Deadpool. If Feige was smart he'd do this, fuck all this PG-13 mega money Disney wants.

I couldn’t agree more.

I think this would be the perfect segue introduction for MCU mutants

sol_bad

America doesn't have an M rating. It's PG13 and then R. There is no middle ground. America has the worst film ratings set up ever.

Fnord

Was supposed to be released April '18, but was delayed for reshoots. Reshoots that never happened. Not expecting much from this. Looks like more bad Fox Marvel stuff.

sol_bad

Kinda odd to me that there doesn't seem to be concrete into regarding what the film does or doesn't connect to

It's like Logan and Deadpool as far as I know. It's it's own thing. No real connection anywhere.

And if it is connected to the X-Men films, it doesn't really matter anymore since that series finished on an extremely sad note with Dark Phoenix.

thequestion

I’m getting a “Nightmare on Elm street 3: Dream Warriors” vibe from the trailer, except instead of Freddy it’s personal demons or an actual demon, as the antagonist. While “dreamer warriors” is a decent horror film, I found this trailer to be boring.

Disney should of just shovelled this film onto their Disney plus streaming service imo.

From Collider -

Anna Taylor-Joy (who plays Magic, my favorite) says she’s seen the final cut and director Josh Boone is happy with it

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
This movie would never make any money at the cinemas, so why the hell do they not dump it onto Hulu already.

Especially since, they will never use these mutants ever again in the mcu.

Last edited:

Disney has rescheduled the theatrical release for New Mutants and Ron's Gone Wrong

New Mutants will not release on streaming platforms, but it will finally hit theaters this summer, according to Deadline. The much-delayed Fox/Marvel film will debut in theaters on August 28 (Labor Day Weekend), following a set of unfortunate setbacks and rumors that it would release on Hulu or Disney Plus.

Top Bottom