• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Xbox Fans Are Paid”, Says Former World of Warcraft Designer

Excuse me, but where is my GAT DAMN money?!?!
samuel l jackson GIF

Bry0

I would wager every platform holder has firms doing this. Where’s my check? Still waiting for my soros bux to clear too, smh. I’m getting ripped off at every angle

Social media is largely unusable at this point because of the sheer amount of inorganic garbage.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
xbox-halo.jpg

It seems like someone just got really affected by the recently concluded case between Microsoft and FTC (on behalf of Sony). Probably that’s why they ended up sharing a tweet that could cause a major controversy on the internet, especially among the Xbox fanatics. What’s even more interesting to note is that the tweet is made by someone who was previously associated with World of Warcraft. The latter is the IP by Activision – the same publisher Microsoft is trying to acquire for $68.7 billion.

Ex-World of Warcraft Team Lead reveals Xbox fans are not real but paid bots by Microsoft​

Mark Kern, a Taiwanese-American video game designer best known for being a team leader on World of Warcraft, recently took to Twitter to share his opinions on the Xbox fandom. While dropping his tweet, he wrote that hardcore fans praising Microsoft are not real.

“A lot of these xbox fans are paid firms or bots (rabid fan run or MS run). This is standard practice now in corpo warfare”, read Mr. Kern’s tweet. Additionally, he also wrote that the ongoing situation will become “far worse with AI”.

captain america hiding GIF
episode 4 surrender GIF by Star Wars

So much wrong here and I'm talking about how sources are cited, information is announced and the fact that people get triggered by a 'Tweet.'

"sharing a tweet that could cause a major controversy on the internet...,"

"recently took to Twitter to share his opinions on the Xbox fandom..."

Right, because real journslists look to cause a spark for people on the internet. Screw writing an article...everyone will believe me if I 'take to Twitter.' Oh, and I work of WoW...that's my bibliography. Idiots.

Nydius

They aren’t nearly as bad as they were when you wrote that post a year ago. Most “perks” ambassadors get now are sweepstakes tickets to enter for mediocre indie games. No more physical hardware or retail game perks except for the highest echelon of the Ambassador program, who are mostly all “influencers” already anyway.

solidus12

Xbox is the true Market leader.

PlayStation only fans will never get their hands on Starfield.

Redfall is better than Forspoken.

The Series S is outperforming the PS5.

Worldwide, Xbox Series sales are slightly ahead of the PS5.

will this be enough for me to pay for Callisto Protocol Season pass?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
His first line of the tweet is what makes me chuckle most. If nothing is real, then how do we know HIS Tweet is real?

“Nothing is real, except what I write, obviously.”
Yeah how do we know he isn't being paid by Sony to say this?
But then how do we know I didn't get paid by MS to say this about what he said?

Top Bottom